Sikorsky S76A Spirit V1.0 released - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sikorsky S76A Spirit V1.0 released

Hi Dave,

Great that you could solved your issue.

BB

Sounds to me that DaveB solved the issue by deleting the model which essentially removes it from the sim.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Sounds to me that DaveB solved the issue by deleting the model which essentially removes it from the sim.
    This would also be a 100% solution to the problem. LOL

I get this after installing the XML Tools and C++, it worked fine before I install these, any suggestions?

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
    Faulting module name: panels.dll, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb59
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0003c4c5
    Faulting process id: 0x17e4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d2d5b7af6b8d14
    Faulting application path: G:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
    Faulting module path: G:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\panels.dll
    Report Id: 4bfa1bdc-41ab-11e7-bbfa-c860009f1328
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Asus P8Z68 M
    Intel i7-2700
    16 GB of Ram
    GeForce GTX 550 Ti

I think that I have done everything suggested here. I have confirmed XML Tools. It was installed with the installer. I accepted it. I have Visual C++ (latest edition).. I have confirmed that SimConnect is installed.
    In spite of this (and after loading the Air Trike), when I select the S76 - I get a Crash to Desktop and reload of FSX. I get an "Application Error" : "Faulting module name: panel.dll, version 10.0.62615.0".
    if I am going to get this much desired S76 to work, I am going to need some help.

Bill

This may be of some help. I just installed the Spirit after a clean install of FSX about a week ago. I downloaded th4e XMLTools and installed. . .it found the FSX installation and added the necessary lines to the dll.xml file (however I did not actuaslly look at the entry in the dll.xml file. Next I loaded the tryke, then selected the Spirit and within a few seconds got a fatal error.

I went to the dll.xml file and actually looked at it. It did add the entry information, however it didn't add the "path". Once I added the correct path to the FSX root directory. . .all loaded as it should.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Hello Falcon409,

- can you show the relevant rows that have been added to your dll.xml file?
    -this to compare with my file!
    Thank you!

Ah, that's it I found how to turn on the gps!
    You have to click on the button and shoot vertically upwards !!!
    Even method to turn it off!
    Previously I shot horizontally !!!!!!

Alain

-

Quote Originally Posted by alain0568 View Post
    Hello Falcon409,
    - can you show the relevant rows that have been added to your dll.xml file?
    -this to compare with my file!
    Thank you!
    Here it is:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>XMLTools</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X\XMLTools.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
    </Launch.Addon>

I will add that even after adding the Path information, I still was asked if I wanted to run the dll file (twice actually). . .once when I loaded the sim and once when I loaded the Spirit. I checked the FSX.cfg file and there was already an entry verifying the XMLTools.dll. . .so when I loaded the sim I said "NO" to the first request and "NO" to the second request. The Spirit went on the load and fly with no problems.

I would have to say that while the Installation of the XMLTools.dll file may go flawlessly for some, it is obviously not a "one size fits all" installation.

Moving on, I made two adjustments:
    1. Renamed the "fuelpump.wav" file that runs constantly and is apparently attached to both Generator Switches and the Battery Switch because turning those off was the only other way to get that irritating noise to shut up.
    2. The "Slap" is way too loud but apparently can't be adjusted lower within the cfg file due to an old sound gauge being used. I lowered the sim sound instead. Not ideal but listening to that every time I made the slightest adjustment to the left or right was too much.

Current System Specs:

Hallo Ed,
    That was my solution for the issue as well.
    But change the XMLTools path in the dll.xml, made sadly no difference for me.
    The only way ,to start the S-76 seems to be, to deny the request to load the XMLTools.dll.
    (As you have explained much better)
    And sadly, i get everytime the request two times, once i loaded the sim.
    I hope, Eurostar will solved this issue with the next update.
    He did a great job with the conversion and it's a really gem.

Cheers
    Bluebear

Blog Entries
    Regarding CTDs when launching the S76. Xmltools.dll is not to be placed in the gauges folder, it is placed in the root FSX/P3D folder. If using the included installer, this will do it automatically for you. Let me know how it works out. Other then that, I can't offer much more support as I didn't write the module.

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Quote Originally Posted by euroastar350 View Post
    Regarding CTDs when launching the S76. Xmltools.dll is not to be placed in the gauges folder, it is placed in the root FSX/P3D folder. If using the included installer, this will do it automatically for you. Let me know how it works out. Other then that, I can't offer much more support as I didn't write the module.
    Exactly how it was placed by the installer (FSX Root Directory). It also placed the necessary section in the dll.xml file however where it shows the path, it does not place the full path to the dll file. That must be done by each user as that location is not always the same. Despite that, selecting run (twice as I mentioned in my previous post) renders a fatal error with the "panel.exe" as the failing module.

Again, as I mentioned in my previous post I checked the FSX.cfg file, it had the necessary validation for the XMLTools.dll file and so with the next opening of the Sim and the Heli I selected "don't run" (twice again). This time the Spirit loaded successfully and has flown fine since. Despite the problems resulting from using the XMLTools.dll installation, once past that the Spirit is superb. Many thanks for all the work you put into the conversion. It is appreciated.
    Last edited by falcon409; May 26th, 2017 at 21:12.

Current System Specs:

Hello,

Thanks Falcon409, I wrote the full path in the dll.xml file, I checked the declaration in the fsx.cfg, checked that the dll was at the root of fsx, reactivated the lines of the dll in the file Panel, and always crash fsx has the selection of s76!
    Well, I disable the panel lines again and rename the dll!
    The S76 flies very well like this!
    Thanks to Euroastar350 for the work done!
    Have a good day!

Alain

Guys,

I'm not entirely sure that the full path (including drive letter) is necessary for XML Tools. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I'm sure its not required. dll.xml is a 'sim specific' file and the sim will look there as part of its start-up routine and will run the files listed. When dll's outside the sim are required to run like Traffic Tools for example.. the full path (including drive information) is required because these are installed wherever the user wants them to be which could be anywhere so.. the sim needs to know where they are. Have a look down the entries in dll.xml and very few show drive location. The only one I found was for Traffic Tools and this I had to enter manually because as I said.. it could be anywhere
    ATB
    DaveB

Just an FYI. . .I copied (not installed) all the Spirit files from the FSX installation and pasted them into my P3D folder, copied the XMLTools.dll over to the main P3D directory and manually entered the information into the dll.xml file for P3D. Loaded the sim, selected the Spirit, loaded into the sim at Montauk and flew to Fishers Island without a single hiccup.

Current System Specs:

Tested the S76 and it works, including the control panel.

My XMLTools.dll is in: E:\FSX Modules\XMLTools.dll

Dll.xml entry:

Code:
      <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>XMLTools</Name>
        <Path>E:\FSX Modules\XMLTools.dll</Path>
      </Launch.Addon>
    The .dll is correctly registered with FSX.

Visual C++ runtimes x86 and x64 are installed, as are ALL available SimConnect versions (RTM, SP1, SP2, Acceleration).

Fuel pump sound:

Add this to the bottom of the sound.cfg (works for ANY aircraft using the default fuel pump .wav file, by the way!):
    Code:
    [fuel_pump]
    maximum_volume=3000

Blade slap sound:

Find the sound-config.ini. In the lines containing "BELL4xx-SLAP1.wav, 100" and "BELL4xx-SLAP2.wav, 100", the "100" designates the gain for the audio sample. Lower the value (negative values are allowed) to make it quieter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Fuel pump sound:

Add this to the bottom of the sound.cfg (works for ANY aircraft using the default fuel pump .wav file, by the way!):
    Code:
    [fuel_pump]
    maximum_volume=3000
    Blade slap sound:

Find the sound-config.ini. In the lines containing "BELL4xx-SLAP1.wav, 100" and "BELL4xx-SLAP2.wav, 100", the "100" designates the gain for the audio sample. Lower the value (negative values are allowed) to make it quieter.
    Bjoern, My problem with the Fuel Pump wav file was that it was attached to 3 non-fuel pump switches (both Gen Switches and the Battery). Those couldn't be turned off obviously, so I elected to rename the wav file to eliminate it completely.

I'll give the Blade Slap suggestion a go though.

Thanks

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Bjoern, My problem with the Fuel Pump wav file was that it was attached to 3 non-fuel pump switches (both Gen Switches and the Battery). Those couldn't be turned off obviously, so I elected to rename the wav file to eliminate it completely.
    Well, a pump does need electricity...the question should rather be why it is coded to be always on. And the sound.cfg tweak makes the sound pretty much inaudible, so there's absolutely no need to rename WAV files.

I've no idea why this would make a difference, but I moved my XMLTools.dll to my Modules folder, it's now working fine.
    Code:
          <Launch.Addon>
            <Name>XMLTools</Name>
            <Path>Modules\XMLTools.dll</Path>
          </Launch.Addon>

Icon5 2D Panel

Does the artificial horizon work in the 2D panel?
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Asus P8Z68 M
    Intel i7-2700
    16 GB of Ram
    GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Members who have read this thread: 0