Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lockheed Martin Prepar3d V4 *First Look, Compatibility"

Icon4 Lockheed Martin Prepar3d V4 *First Look, Compatibility"

WOW!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Oh boy !
    Not revolutionnary indeed, but like, exactly what we needed

30 of May !!!!

PREPAR3D v4 will be released on May 30, 2017.
    As many guessed it is a fully 64 bit platform, which also features dynamic lighting, rain/snow particles, global 3D trees (animated with SpeedTree technology), a fully reworked software development kit (SDK), and countless improvements.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Dynamic lighting...

A2A aircraft

Free upgrade to v4... yippee!!!!

UPDATE link....

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=59749

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Link dosent work.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Orbx...

Looking good, got lots of Obrx myself.

Compiler and SDK updated to Visual Studio 2015.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/top...k-screenshots/

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Water dynamic reflection....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails conniewater.jpg  
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

This was already available in previous versions I think...

I think you are right.... but the framerates were much better.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy

Pmdg

As we promised back in 2015, customers who have purchased our products for Prepar3D v3 are going to enjoy a free transition to Prepar3D v4 and the advent of 64bit simming technology, as this was already rolled up into the development costs of the product you already purchased.

Beginning on/shortly after the release of Prepar3D v4, we will begin publishing Prepar3D v4 compatible versions of our existing product lines. We have spent the better part of 2017 thus far working our way through the transition of our existing product line to make the NGX, 777, 747 and DC-6 compatible with the new, Prepar3D v4.

As of today, we have both the DC-6 and the 747 operating within Prepar3D v4, and we hope to have the 777 completed later this week, with the NGX to follow shortly there-after.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...pmdg-products/

Prepar3D V4 (Beta) - Quick Look - 4K

Video by Rob Ainscough. 4k looks great!

I think it is safe to say that this sim has some great bones to it. Now add the addons and get all made up... and you will be happy to have her on your arm.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy

Blog Entries
    Looks like it's going to be pretty much what I was expecting.

At first glance it seems that we should expect a much improved interface of hardware and software, with lots and lots of room to stretch and explore. It is encouraging that LM is leaving a very flexible environment that welcomes third party participation. We will all be able to be part of the growth.

This is the beginning of a new era. I'm really....really looking forward to it. My work for the last five years has been focused on the eventuality that we would have a 64 bit platform. I don't see any major hurdles in this transition.

This is going to be great.

A big shout out to the LM team, beta testers and ALL third party devs who have been burning the candle to make this happen. TY
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Great stuff! FSUIPC won't work, which had to be expected, and I hope there's a solution down the road. As a scenery designer, I also desperately hope that maybe a good alternative to SBuilderX will come into being. Sadly, SBX is loosing more and more ground to new OSs (Win10) and the compatibility to P3D (or DTG FSX).

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    Great stuff! FSUIPC won't work, which had to be expected, and I hope there's a solution down the road. As a scenery designer, I also desperately hope that maybe a good alternative to SBuilderX will come into being. Sadly, SBX is loosing more and more ground to new OSs (Win10) and the compatibility to P3D (or DTG FSX).
    Cheers,
    Mark
    I agree with your assessment of SBX. A great program, but the new OS's are whittling away at it's usefulness and it has been said that there will be no attempt to update or correct the issues currently seen due to Win10.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Confession: I don't have Prepar3D. Why? Always skeptical that the advantages vs. FSX were probably not worth the migration time and hassle with setup and teething.

Is now a good time to do it? I know many but not all FSX aircraft are compatible.

What about add on scenery? Will I have to pay for FTX Global and Vector all over again?

Why is it worth the time and bother to migrate - selected - aircraft and sceneries?

Lastly, if one was to use both P3D and FSX on the same rig, would there be a preference for flying GA on one and military (mostly Naval Ops) on the other format?

Sorry for all these questions but I trust you guys in your knowledge and opinions on this - thanks in advance!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members +
    I think that the best route to go, is to regard P3Dv4 as a totally new sim, which it actually is. Keep your 32bit add-ons for your older sims, & populate P3Dv4 with add-ons that are written & optimised for 64bit.
    Do not try & bother to migrate & shoe-horn older 32bit add-ons into a 64bit program, you WILL be disappointed. Your older add-ons are obviously not optimised for 64bit, & probably will not work as they did within the older sims.

In any case, the price of a brand new P3Dv4 is probably the price of a decent add-on, or two.
    If you want to go cheap, go for FSW! (or stick to FSX)

You ask.. 'Lastly, if one was to use both P3D and FSX on the same rig, would there be a preference for flying GA on one and military (mostly Naval Ops) on the other format?'

It will obviously be your personal preference to do whatever you want to do, with whatever sim, with whatever add-ons are available for that particular sim!

Are there any news regarding REX4 and AS16? I guess for REX textures, 64bit does not make any difference.

I don't understand the significance of the "64 bit." My rig is 64 bit and runs all the FSX (and older) addons - mostly made for 32 bit - with no issues.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I recently purchased P3D V3.4, I wonder (and hope) if they might offer V4 to V3 users for a discount $$$?
    I can only hope. Otherwise, I'm just fine with what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    I don't understand the significance of the "64 bit." My rig is 64 bit and runs all the FSX (and older) addons - mostly made for 32 bit - with no issues.
    It means more usable memory (no more dreaded OOM error, at least for some time), better resolutions, better framerates, many previous limitations lifted, etc. When IL-2: Battle of Stalingrad went 64 bit my framerates increased almost threefold with even better visuals.

My understanding of this which is very basic I admit is this; imagine you get out on a 2 Lane Highway and drive 10 miles and it takes you 30 minutes because of all the traffic. Now imagine the next day you get out on the same highway, The same amount of traffic but you have four lanes instead of two, imagine how much quicker you could get to your destination. Not very technical I know, but basically it opens up the full power of your 64-bit system.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

P3D v3 is 32 bits, just like FSX.
    No matter your operating system and no matter how much RAM you have on your computer, it means the simulator is not able to use more than 3,2 Gb of RAM, which is quite a low amount of memory by nowadays standards.
    Because of such a low limit, the simulator can run out of memory quite easily when it uses too much addons or the settings are too high.
    When there is no more available memory, then the simulator crashes, even though it was still running with good FPS...

P3Dv4 is a 64 bits application, just like Flight Sim World and XPlane 11. It means it can use up to several terabytes of memory, not just 3,2 gigabytes.
    This means it will not run out of memory so easily anymore, which means it will allow much more detailed addons. And I'm not referring to just graphical beauty, it's also about the amount of features, complexity etc...

A2A has clarified the availability of their addons for P3Dv4.
    Basically, the planes that had a P3D version will be updated to v4 for free. This includes all the planes from the C172 and onwards (C182, Cherokee, Comanche, Texan and Connie).
    So if you bought these planes for P3D in the past, you'll get an v4-updated version of these planes for free.

However the pre-C172 planes (Mustang, Spit, P-40, etc...) are going to be remade specifically for P3Dv4, which means we'll have to pay for them, and especially *WAIT* for them because these new versions might take a while... :/

Members who have read this thread: 0