Lockheed Martin Prepar3d V4 *First Look, Compatibility" - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lockheed Martin Prepar3d V4 *First Look, Compatibility"

Ultimate traffic 2 works fine in V4 and the new Ultimate traffic live works as well

the new patch for EditVoicepack XL supports v4

Matt Davies (software developer) has purchased PTA with the original source code, no reverse engineering. He has the legal right to the software.

https://twitter.com/MattDaviesHD/sta...222593/photo/1

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

For those who want a weather engine that works while waiting for AS16 / REX / whatever to catch up with V4, FSRealWX Pro works over the simconnect interface with P3D V4.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    For those who want a weather engine that works while waiting for AS16 / REX / whatever to catch up with V4, FSRealWX Pro works over the simconnect interface with P3D V4.

Cheers,
    Mark
    Mark you can go to the AS website and download the beta AS16 for V4 and use your V3 keycode, AS16 P3Dv4 seems to be working fine on my end

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    --> FS Global Real Weather: doesn't work anymore. The devs state that is has to be re-written to make it work in 64 bit. That's a bummer for me.

--> Accufeel also has to go 64bit. It's on the back burner, because the porting of the Accusim products have priority. So we'll also have to wait for that one.

--> I could get my saitek switch panel, autopilot panel and radio panel to work with the original drivers only. SPAD doesn't work anymore. Can't connect to FSUIPC 5.

Checking the aircraft now.

Cheers,
    Mark

Mark, if I may, how did you get your Saitek panels working with the original drivers. I have tried everything with no success. Even installed the latest Logitech drivers.

So far as I can tell the Flying Stations Sea Fury and Swordfish function as normal in v4:

Cera Sim's Bell 212 also appears to be OK, including the Shift + 1 manager:

Dave Garwood's Hunters are all OK too:

cheers

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

The Flying Stations Wyvern also appears to be OK (inc. the gunsight it seems):

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Mark you can go to the AS website and download the beta AS16 for V4 and use your V3 keycode, AS16 P3Dv4 seems to be working fine on my end
    I don't have AS16. I use FS Global Real Weather and want to continue using it because I like the concept. But as I said, it will probably take some time until the devs fabricate a new version.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

The Sea Fury won't have any limitations on the throttle without a 62 bit Centaurus.dll, so you'll be able to get far more power out of her at sea level than the engine could really take. Check the boost gauge once you've got her off the ground and opened it up!

So if I understand this right, the quick check for gauge compatibility is:
    .dll or .gau = C++ gauge, no go
    .cab = XML gauge = probably works

Is that correct?

Blog Entries
    On my system.

Iris PC-21 xml - Works

Milviz dll - no go
    Carenado gau - no go

RealAir SF-260 & Duke V2 - Works
    Flysimware Learjet 35A - Works

I would say that in most cases at least, you are correct.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    So if I understand this right, the quick check for gauge compatibility is:
    .dll or .gau = C++ gauge, no go
    .cab = XML gauge = probably works

Is that correct?
    From reading the error log, if you load an aircraft with a 32 bit dll gauge (and I'm guessing gau as well) it just ignores it, so you get the aircraft but the gauge won't be there.

From the Flying Stations stuff,

Swordfish
    Wyvern

Any ships.

will work out of the box as they don't have dll gauges.

Everything else I'm working on updating the gauges to 64 bit, but I may use the opportunity to fix/update minor things so I can't be sure of the timetable.

The platinum edition of the A-10A works pretty well. AI Tracker X works. And Alphasim/Virtavia's B-24 works. Classics hangar Fw190 is sweet!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Iris A-10 Platinum I.jpg   Consolidated B-24D-16-CO Liberator, 42-72843, No 24, 'Strawberry Bitch', 512th BS, 376th BG, 15t.jpg   Iris A-10 Platinum II.jpg   Fw190A-2 of III. JG 2. was the personal aircraft of Leutnant Jakob Augustin. This plane was lost.jpg  
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Blog Entries
    I thought it would be useful to put together a video that explores Prepar3Dv4 from a less statistical, and more artistic perspective while still evaluating real performance in a high demand scenario.

I set the scenario out of my KBIH Eastern Sierra Regional Airport HD scenery, which utilizes ultra high resolution satellite data, 4K texture resolution combined with high density custom vegetation and autogen.
    The weather scenario is managed via Active Sky for P3D4, using a weather system I recorded during a typical summer Owens Valley "Monsoon". The heavy cloud cover adds another layer of high demand on the system.

Camera work is all ChasePlane with TrackIR disabled. All camera movement is controlled by ChasePlane plane tracking, horizon, anticipation and turbulence settings. Additional camera movement was controlled via Wacom Pad and a dedicated controller.

Settings were set to medium LOD and high autogen which achieve excellent coverage due to the increased range from lower settings in 64 bit. DR was enabled at max.
    Cloud density and distance were at max, as required by Active Sky.

The EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3 Gig card is at the low end of the scale recommended by LM, but still runs seamlessly at full song in the 64 bit framework. I am also using extensive post processing through the Nvidia Control Panel, which combined with the sim is asking a ton from this modest card. I wanted to offer an actual visual representation of what can be achieved in P3D v4 when the simulator is set up to operate within the tolerances of system resources. The video speaks for itself.

I attempted to design a scenario that would focus particular attention upon cloud and terrain rendering, light/shadow rendering, dynamic reflections, aircraft navigation light effects, terrain texturing and night time light projection on surfaces.

My first impressions on P3Dv4

We are at the threshold of a new dimension in flight simulation. LM has provided an efficient and stable platform where developers can utilize their extensive skills to create projects only dreamed of previously. I hope, and intend to become part of that process for a long while. This is where FSX and P3D were always intended to go. It is an amazing, and sometimes breathtaking flight simulation.

Note: The video compression is not kind to night time textures. The night portion of the video suffers a bit from texture posterizing, and is not a fair rendering of the actual simulation. That said...it is still very lovely.

I hope you enjoy the video and music.

Last edited by gman5250; June 4th, 2017 at 20:44.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Members who have read this thread: 0