Lockheed Martin Prepar3d V4 *First Look, Compatibility" - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lockheed Martin Prepar3d V4 *First Look, Compatibility"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I recently purchased P3D V3.4, I wonder (and hope) if they might offer V4 to V3 users for a discount $$$?
    I can only hope. Otherwise, I'm just fine with what I have.
    I am pretty sure that LM has a 90 day free return policy. If you purchased it within 90 days, just ask for a refund and buy V4.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    Great stuff! FSUIPC won't work, which had to be expected, and I hope there's a solution down the road. As a scenery designer, I also desperately hope that maybe a good alternative to SBuilderX will come into being. Sadly, SBX is loosing more and more ground to new OSs (Win10) and the compatibility to P3D (or DTG FSX).

Cheers,
    Mark
    The no FSUIPC is a bummer for me. I use a lot of Lua scripts in my cockpit to control various switch functions. I also use their Macro function. Oh well, just like life, two steps forward and one backwards.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    The no FSUIPC is a bummer for me. I use a lot of Lua scripts in my cockpit to control various switch functions. I also use their Macro function. Oh well, just like life, two steps forward and one backwards.
    Its really its up to Peter Dowson to when he wants to make a new version. If he decides not to, eventually someone else will. There is already a version someone made for X-Plane (XPUIPC).
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Its really its up to Peter Dowson to when he wants to make a new version. If he decides not to, eventually someone else will. There is already a version someone made for X-Plane (XPUIPC).
    Yes, or LM may have something else in the wings. I find it interesting that since professional sim builders and pilot training centers are their primary customers, they wouldn't have some means of allowing hardware to interface with PD3 V4. XPlane has Lua built-in to its program. I understand a couple of the other sims do also.

Did LM approach Peter Dawson and he decided it was not in his best interest to develop a 64 bit version of FSUIPC? Or, did LM decide to go in another direction?

I am sure time will tell.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Will Virtual Reality (Rift, Vive) be supported? I could not find it on the LM site.

They introduced support for the Rifr in 3.4, hard to imagine they would revert that.
    Joe Cusick

My understanding of this which is very basic I admit is this; imagine you get out on a 2 Lane Highway and drive 10 miles and it takes you 30 minutes because of all the traffic. Now imagine the next day you get out on the same highway, The same amount of traffic but you have four lanes instead of two, imagine how much quicker you could get to your destination. Not very technical I know, but basically it opens up the full power of your 64-bit system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    P3D v3 is 32 bits, just like FSX.
    No matter your operating system and no matter how much RAM you have on your computer, it means the simulator is not able to use more than 3,2 Gb of RAM, which is quite a low amount of memory by nowadays standards.
    Because of such a low limit, the simulator can run out of memory quite easily when it uses too much addons or the settings are too high.
    When there is no more available memory, then the simulator crashes, even though it was still running with good FPS...

P3Dv4 is a 64 bits application, just like Flight Sim World and XPlane 11. It means it can use up to several terabytes of memory, not just 3,2 gigabytes.
    This means it will not run out of memory so easily anymore, which means it will allow much more detailed addons. And I'm not referring to just graphical beauty, it's also about the amount of features, complexity etc...
    Copy that, thanks guys, crystal clear. This has to be a major break through then that should really put some distance between P3D and FSX. Probably time for me to take the plunge!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
    Will Virtual Reality (Rift, Vive) be supported? I could not find it on the LM site.
    I heard that they've improved on the VR support over what was introduced in 3.4. You can now click on things in the cockpit, you couldn't do that in 3.4
    I dont know if they've improved the performance or not in Vr though.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

AS2016 free update also.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Thank you, Blanston12 and Dangerous Beans. With V3 I use FlyInside. The possibility to click in the cockpit is really very nice!

From the P3D forum.

New Features:

• 64-bit Application
    • Unicode Compatible
    • New User Interface Design
    • Compiler and SDK updated to Visual Studio 2015
    • Regions of updated Airport & Terrain Data
    • New 3D Rain/Snow system
    • Scripting capabilities (Scenery/Model/Material)
    • Dynamic lighting support
    • Added PDK functions to draw primitive objects
    • Updated Documentation with new SDK and samples
    • Support for loading managed dll add-ons
    • Support for local SpeedTree wind effects
    • Additional Aircraft and Avatars have been added, 140 in total. Including the Lockheed Martin F-16 and the Lockheed Electra.

Read More:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewto...=6305&t=124599

Joe Cusick

Secret HQ in the Snoqualmie Valley, USA, Planet Earth

P3D v4 is lookin' good

P3D v4 is a good step forward. I'm very happy to find out that my essential add-ons (A2A aircraft, ORBX, and AS16) will be coming along. My remaining concern was answered up on Page 1 of this thread, when I saw that video on v4, and there was my Manfred Jahn C-47! YES! I'll be upgrading soon after v4 is released. Only bummer is that I might have to wait for my A2A P-40 and J-3. I managed to get those to work in P3D v3, and the fact that the MJ C-47 works in v4 gives me hope for those aircraft as well.

Seeya
    ATB

Recommended system requirements are now up on the site, 8GB+ VRAM. Oof, X-Plane 11 here I come.

Pete will develop a FSUIPC 5 for P3DV4:
    http://forum.simflight.com/topic/827...compatibility/

Scroll down to second post from the bottom..
    Here is Pete's response:

"I didn't need to "reconsider" as I hadn't decided way back at the beginning of the year.
    There will be an FSUIPC 5 for P3D4, but first release won't coincide with the rather rushed (in my opinion) release of P3D4 on Tuesday. And FSUIPC 5 will be a new product, not an upgrade. It's been too much work to have it as just an upgrade.
    The user weather stuff is stripped out, and some other facilities do not yet work (mouse macros, menu diversion, frictions just to name three). They are dependent on further P3D development."
    Pete
    Last edited by papab; May 27th, 2017 at 11:55.

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

I read that V4 includes F-16's, will that be the Aerosoft model then?

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Quote Originally Posted by patful View Post
    Recommended system requirements are now up on the site, 8GB+ VRAM. Oof, X-Plane 11 here I come.
    So X Plane 64 bit doesn't benefit from more ram...compared with any other 64 bit program??? Hmmmm maybe X Plane 64 bit is a different sort of 64 bit?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    So X Plane 64 bit doesn't benefit from more ram...compared with any other 64 bit program??? Hmmmm maybe X Plane 64 bit is a different sort of 64 bit?
    Benefit? Of course. But with my 6GB card, I'd have to settle for crappy settings, not willing to go there anymore. With the X-Plane demo, I'm getting 50 fps in Seattle with everything maxed out. I can't even do that in FSX. The awful clouds/weather and complete lack of airports/decent aircraft in XP make it unlikely I'll get that either, though. FSX here I stay!

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patful View Post
    The ram Req is the same with XP11. I run my Xp11 with 16g ram and a 4g video card. The 8g is a min between Xp11 and future 64bit programs of simulation.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    It related to some sort of Rendering issue's that causing FPS headache's. Last update I had seem to ease it to more fluidity.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Sad news. There will be no PTA tool for v4. However the tweaked v3 shaders are reported to work fine in v4.

So one could tweak in V3 with PTA and copy over the shaders?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    I read that V4 includes F-16's, will that be the Aerosoft model then?
    It sure looks like the Aerosoft model. Switches work the same.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

It is the Aerosoft model.
    -JB

Quote Originally Posted by alpha charlie View Post
    Sad news. There will be no PTA tool for v4. However the tweaked v3 shaders are reported to work fine in v4.
    Uuuu... Pity! Why?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Any news of Tacpack? So far VRS simply state that v4 is not supported. I hope this will change.

Members who have read this thread: 0