Vought VE-7 skins

Thread: Vought VE-7 skins

Vought VE-7 skins

Many thanks to Mick for the super VE-7 skins, looks wonderful in my GW3!
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Thanks for the heads up. I take it it's ok to...scrub the old versions.

Quote Originally Posted by MattJeo11 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I take it it's ok to...scrub the old versions.
    Yes, if by the "old versions" you mean the old Tom Winthrow model and it's skins.

I painted the old model. Scrubby used one of those old skins on his VE-7SF single seat fighter that he released some months back. He made some adjustments to account for some texture mapping differences between his and Tom's models. I then made the same adjustments to all the rest of the skins. If I recall correctly, all the fighter skins were released with the final version of the fighter. I just held onto the two-seater and floatplane skins until he released those models, and then released all but the ones he put in with the models as skin packs.

If you don't have the recent fighter model, look for it on FlightSim.com; unless my memory is faulty, he didn't put it up here at SOH.

So yes, you can delete the old Winthrow model. It was never completed because the source files were lost in a confutor crash and Tom quit the hobby. I only released it in that condition, with the agreement of Tom and David Wooster, who also worked on that project, because it could be flown that way, but mostly in the hope that it would inspire someone to come along and finish the job or start a new VE-7 from scratch. It took years, but now Scrubby has done it, so the Winthrow model has served its purpose and can be retired with honor.

Thanks for the superb textures for this nice little bipe, Mick. I've been kinda busy sorting out some new stuff for the F-94B, I just got around to downloading Scrubby's VE-7 and rolling it into the hangar to put your paint schemes on her.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Say Mick, I'm getting a dark section under the top wing, port side, as well as the center section, in VC. Out side view it's normal.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    Say Mick, I'm getting a dark section under the top wing, port side, as well as the center section, in VC. Out side view it's normal.
    Very curious!

I don't get that effect at all.

Members who have read this thread: 0