Can't find the folders

Thread: Can't find the folders

Hybrid View

Can't find the folders

I can't find the sim's File folders location.
    Right click desktop icon doesn't give me the option to find it. I've looked through C/.program files and (x86). Flicked through the AppData folders. Zilch.
    Might need new glasses ! Any ideas folks ?

The main FSW folder (simobjects. effects, sound folders etc.) are where you specified the install to go.

In my case, it was C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSW.

The scenery library files are located in C:\ProgramData\Dovetail Games\FSW.

And the config files (FSW.cfg, DLL.cfg etc), are in C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\Dovetail Games.

Cheers

Paul

Thank you Paul,
    Haven't checked it out yet . I actually don't remember pointing the sim to any particular location . We'll have another look

Cheers ..Alan

Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    Thank you Paul,
    Haven't checked it out yet . I actually don't remember pointing the sim to any particular location . We'll have another look

Cheers ..Alan
    The main FSW installation folder is controlled by Steam. If you do nothing, FSW will install in the default location which is mentioned by Paul. If you want to install somewhere else you need to create an additional Steam Library folder, e.g. on a different drive. Choices are quite limited as Steam dictates a fixed set of subfolders ( <Drive:>\Steam\SteamApps\Common\ ).

...hmm interesting . My main folder is not at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSW. When I enter \steamapps all I have is folder "sourcemods" and "libraryfolders.vdf" file.

C:\Users\......\AppData\Roaming\Dovetail Games...gives me the folders - Contols, MissionStats , Simobjects and Substitution. A bit surprised to find simobjects all by itself without the usual fsx layout of effects , sound etc.

X86 has only Steam and Steamapps with none of the usual fsx type folders in it

As Paul said ProgramData\Dovetail Games\FSW. has the scenery files in it.

Well, I have been for a fly so things are there ! Its a mystery ...sigh
    Thanks both

Didn't quite escape.
    Slightly silly question, but do Steam don't make the folders hidden, do they? I make hidden and system files visible in Explorer as soon as I install Windows, so have never thought to look!

Steamapps is the root folder for anything and everything installed through Steam... So for example I have C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps, D:\SteamLibrary\Steamapps and E:\SteamLibrary - TS\Steamapps on my main PC.

Ian P.

Members who have read this thread: 0