Help Needed !!

Thread: Help Needed !!

SOH-CM-2024

Help Needed !!

Hi All,

I have not posted for a looong time ,not that I ever did post a lot (far too many clever people live here)

My story so far , our house was hit by lightning on 26th December last year(2016) and it destroyed our solar electricity system and most of our computer hard drives,modems etc.

I have been slowly trying to rebuild all my CFS2 setups . I have lost Sylvia Borgia's Fiat G-55 passwords and a whole stack of other stuff.

I seem to be having another problem ---I have four(4) CFS2 installs -- Pacific ,Europe,Eastern Europe & Russia and Prototype and Experimental .

All seem to work alright except for Europe!!! I installed BSK Martin Maryland and his NFII Mosquito and all I get is ""OX292124b at 0X00000000". The memory could not be read.

I then installed SIAI SM84 by William Dickens and I get a similar readout which says "OX20e06b39 Referenced Memory at Ox40c24284"

All the other aircraft work fine in CFS2 Europe -- the issue just seems to be with these three installs -- BSK Maryland and NFII Mosquito and William Dickens SM84.

I honestly have no idea how to fix this problem and I have re-installed and deleted these aircraft several times.

Any suggestions from anyone or ideas on how to fix the problem would be fantastic!!!

Or maybe how to correct the problem in the future,and if I must I could delete CFS2 Europe and start again.

Regards to all,

Hi,
    Are you using a computer that has been damaged/re-built after the strike?

If so, one or more of the memory modules may have been damaged. The 0X00000000 is a Windows error code, but the other codes are unknown.

Power down and take the mem modules out and clean contacts with an anti-static cloth, blow out the mem slots on the motherboard, then re-seat the mem modules. Run Memtest to check to see if all your mem modules are fit and able, if you find corruptions then replace.

If you are using a new machine, then they could be corrupted download files, re-download and try again.

Or it could be that your graphics card/chip driver needs updating, that would possibly give the Windows error code.

Cheers

Shessi

Question Reply...

When do you get these messages? With a panel view or an external view?
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

SOH-CM-2024

Help Needed

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post

When do you get these messages? With a panel view or an external view?
    Hi Rami and Shessi ,

Thanks for your replies ---sorry about the delay in replying --different times zones!!!!
    In regard to your question Shessi --the computer has been rebuilt- i will try your suggestions this afternoon when I get home from work --Thank you vey much.

Rami,in relation to your question --- it happens as the scenery loads for the quick combat or free flight--I never get to even see the cockpit with Bruno's 'planes and I get the error messages straight away--- with William Dicken's SM84---- the scenery is loading , the cockpit starts to come into view and then I get the error message.

Very perplexing !!! Then with all three attempts on all three aircraft ,I get the error messages followed by the dreaded "CANCEL" OR "DEBUG" commands and the whole sim shuts down and goes back to "Windows".

Hope this is some help information wise .

Regards and thanks again to both of you,

The symptoms of an issue with a problematic 2D panel gauge. If you don't have one already, download one of the old Alphasim freeware models with the blank panel setup. Copy the panel folder from the Alpha model to the "crashers" after backups. If they load w/o problems, you'll know its bad gauges. If not, you'll know its a corrupt mdl file.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

SOH-CM-2024

Thanks to ALL!!

I going to try every on every suggestion( that you folks made) tonight now that everyone is going to bed !!!

And my brain can concentrate on one thing at a time !!

Thank you to all for your help.

I'll let you know what happens tomorrow!!

God !! It sounds like a line from a Soap Opera !!!

Regards to All and Thanks,

Members who have read this thread: 0