got FSX planes working in FSW

add the following

ui_typerole="@IDS_TYPE_SINGLE_PROP"
    ui_thumbnailfile="texture.1\thumbnail.png"
    ui_hangarfile="texture.1\hangar.png"
    ui_selectionfile="texture.1\selection.png"
    ui_tilefile="texture.1\hangar.png"
    ui_info=333705325
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

added Carenado and Alabeo Cessna's
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

Yes, they will display, but what about the gauges ? Are the virtual cockpits clickable ?
    As far as I saw, the virtual cockpits of the FSX planes (including the default ones, which are very simple) are gauges-less and nothing is clickable anymore, which makes these planes completely unusable. Did you manage to solve this issue ?

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Yes, they will display, but what about the gauges ? Are the virtual cockpits clickable ?
    As far as I saw, the virtual cockpits of the FSX planes (including the default ones, which are very simple) are gauges-less and nothing is clickable anymore, which makes these planes completely unusable. Did you manage to solve this issue ?

no there is some errors in some planes

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

Never mind the cockpit glass, do basic animations like elevators or landing gear work? This is getting interesting...
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

yes they work

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

Most interesting! Don't dump Gmax just yet, chaps.....!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

got the following planes working

AH SB2C-4 Helldiver
    WarbirdSim P51 Mustang

more being added soon

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

Gauges will need to be XML. The C++ gauges are really DLLs and they are 32-bit, and all addresses in the sim are different.

Dick

Aeroplane heaven HellDiver

Quote Originally Posted by rhumbaflappy View Post
    Gauges will need to be XML. The C++ gauges are really DLLs and they are 32-bit, and all addresses in the sim are different.

Dick
    Hell Diver
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HellDiver.jpg  

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Most interesting! Don't dump Gmax just yet, chaps.....!
    Well, I don't think many simmers would be interested in airplanes with non-functionnal virtual cockpits.
    Of course it's nice to see the FSX planes rendered in FSW, but what are you going to do with them ? CTRL+E and fly from the external point of view ? What's point ?

The point is no-one as yet knows which development tools are supported since there's no sdk as yet (but Autodesk are known to be in there somewhere). Will we need a 3ds Max subscription (ouch!) or an even more expensive 3d modelling megasuite to build add-ons for it? And then FSX models are dropped into the game and don't immediately break everything.

I really hope our existing workflows can be adapted to FSW without major expense and this thread gives me some grounds to hope this will be possible in time.
    Tom

Does the VC rain work in the Warbirdsim models?

Quote Originally Posted by patful View Post
    Does the VC rain work in the Warbirdsim models?

no it does not

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post
    got FSX planes working in FSW

add the following

ui_typerole="@IDS_TYPE_SINGLE_PROP"
    ui_info=333705325
    Attempting this, doesn't seem to work. Could you explain a bit more ?

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Attempting this, doesn't seem to work. Could you explain a bit more ?

[fltsim.0]
    title=Douglas C-47 V3
    sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.5
    model=
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=EATS_315221
    kb_checklists=C47_check
    kb_reference=C47_ref
    atc_id=315221
    ui_manufacturer="Douglas"
    ui_type="C-47 Skytrain"
    ui_variation="V3.14 Beta"
    ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"
    ui_createdby=
    description=C-47 EATS 315221 V3.14
    ui_typerole="@IDS_TYPE_TWIN_PROP"
    ui_info=333705325

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

Blog Entries
    HOW TO ADD AIRCRAFT TO FSW

https://youtu.be/sUhYTBBQx-c

Enjoy,
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Didn't quite escape.
    Something else to add to this - they have changed the renderer from GDI to DirectX, so GDI drawn gauges (many flat-panel displays and 2d gauges) won't display in FSW.

Ian P.

SOH-CM-2022

Seeing the virtual cockpit?

Hi,
    Has anyone got the main virtual cockpit to display.

I have been playing around with the 2 published conversions and my own attempt at a conversion (the GAS DH-60 which has 1 xml gauge and no dlls). I can see the external model without any issue and I can see the other cockpit views on the DC3 and the Soloy but I can't access the main VC.
    If I create a flight with one of the converted models the flight starts in an external view and pressing F9 doesn't do any good.

Any thoughts?

thanks
    Gavin

I have the Cessna Soloy, the Realair Legacy, the SOH C-47, the Alabeo Aztec, and the OrbX Vans RV all working. They all have a VC. May I suggest that perhaps you need to assign a different key. Some of the old FSX assignments have changed. Have you tried simply cycling views with the S key ?

They seem to have made some changes to the view system and it works through the Camera Definition's now

What works for me is to delete the [Views] and the [CameraDefinition.X] sections.
    Then paste in this one copied from a default plane, then start tweaking the InitialXyz=0.00, 0.00, 0.00 line to get the view in the right place.

[CameraDefinition.0]
    Title=@ID_CAMERA_PILOTVIEW
    Guid={C95EAB58-9E4A-4E2A-A34C-D8D9D948F078}
    Description=Default single occupant PIC cockpit, VFR view looking out and straight ahead
    Origin=Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect=TRUE
    SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn=FALSE
    PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
    PanPbhReturn=FALSE
    Track=None
    ShowAxis=YES
    AllowZoom=TRUE
    InitialZoom=0.4
    SmoothZoomTime=2.0
    ZoomPanScalar=0.75
    ShowWeather=Yes
    XyzAdjust=TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=TRUE
    Category=Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=20
    HeadingPanRate=60
    Panacceleratortime=0
    InitialXyz=0.00, 0.00, 0.00 //<-----------
    InitialPbh=0, 0, 0
    Transition=Yes
    HotKeySelect=1

The first number is left/right, the second is up/down and the third forward/backward
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

SOH-CM-2022
    Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    I have the Cessna Soloy, the Realair Legacy, the SOH C-47, the Alabeo Aztec, and the OrbX Vans RV all working. They all have a VC. May I suggest that perhaps you need to assign a different key. Some of the old FSX assignments have changed. Have you tried simply cycling views with the S key ?
    Hi,
    the keys work fine with the default aircraft. Cycling the views will bring up the secondary VC definitions but never the main VC_0 display.

Gavin

I imported the Thor's Hammer Rafale M last night following one of the guides on Steam. It doesn't have a VC so most have merged the FSX FA-18 cockpit into it. But the gauges seem to be 32-bit so nothing works. The aircraft flies fine though I don't like the external noises they seem to feel they need to add. I'll have to run it in P3Dv4 and see what the ContentErrors file says. Probably only that FA-18.dll file is 32 bit and a 64 bit version is required.

Biggest issue besides no instruments was no visible pilot. But that might be a setting I need to figure out.

I need you for a test

Hi,

Does anyone can try my Dewoitine D371 model avalaible at Royale French Navy : http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia....Avions.htm#Hel

Gauges are all 3D using xml animation and no dll is used. No main 2D panel (F10), only CV and some popup like GPS!

Can you try disabling DSD sound system commenting these 3 lines in the panel.cfg (VC01 part)

gauge00=dsd_fsx_xml_sound!Sound, 2,2,2,2, \dsd_d37_sound.ini
    gauge01=D37!roulage, 0,0,1,1
    gauge02=D37!freinage, 0,1,3,3

If successful can you show me some screens.

Thanks,
    JMC

SOH-CM-2022
    Quote Originally Posted by gastonj View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone can try my Dewoitine D371 model avalaible at Royale French Navy : http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia....Avions.htm#Hel

Thanks,
    JMC
    Hi,
    got it in FSW (sort of, it is kicking up a couple of errors in the xml, and I still haven't got the main VC setup).

and the VC (using one of your camera views) seems to work but nothing is clickable in this view.

I had to mangle the aircraft.cfg a bit. Discovered that you also need a full [General] section in order to get the model to show up on the selection screen

[General]
    atc_type=Dewoitine
    atc_model=D-371
    editable=0
    performance="Maximum Speed\n130 mph 113 kts 208 km/hr\n\nEngine\nLycoming O-320-A2B\n\nService Ceiling\n19,000 ft 5,791 m\n\nMaximum Range\n399 mi 642 km\n\nFuel Capacity\n36 gal 136.2 L\n\nEmpty Weight\n930 lb 422 kg\n\nGross Weight\n1,750 lb 794 kg\n\nLength\n22.7 ft 6.8 m\n\nWingspan\n35.2 ft 10.7 m\n\nHeight\n6.8 ft 2 m\n\nSeating\n2\n\nUseful Load\n479 lb 217 kg"
    Category = airplane
    ai_selection_bias=0.0

Performance line is just from default Cub for now.

Gavin

Members who have read this thread: 0