Clear answers for a P3D noob

Thread: Clear answers for a P3D noob

Hybrid View

Clear answers for a P3D noob

Hi guys,

(Sorry my english is not perfect)

I googled a lot but can't find really clear answer. Some say yes, some say no, some say maybe. I think seriously switch to P3d.

1- If they release P3d update, do i have to pay for every update? (v3,v4,v5,v6)

2- Does most FSX freeware will work on P3D? (I've got a lot of freeware)

3- If i've got V3 and they release V4, most of addons developers will update their product. Usually do i have to pay for those update? (v3 to v4 for example)

4- P3d is more stable than FSX or have more bug/problems?

5- If they release a V4 64bit version, we will have bugs/problems with purchased addons?

Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffv View Post
    Hi guys,

(Sorry my english is not perfect)

I googled a lot but can't find really clear answer. Some say yes, some say no, some say maybe. I think seriously switch to P3d.

1- If they release P3d update, do i have to pay for every update? (v3,v4,v5,v6)

2- Does most FSX freeware will work on P3D? (I've got a lot of freeware)

3- If i've got V3 and they release V4, most of addons developers will update their product. Usually do i have to pay for those update? (v3 to v4 for example)

4- P3d is more stable than FSX or have more bug/problems?

Thanks a lot.
    Hi, I'll try to make simple answers:

1- Yes, you have to pay for each new version. That means 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 etc... However, if you buy one version, then you get the updates for that version for free. For example, if you buy the version 3.0, then you will get 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 etc... for free.

2- Yes, most FSX freeware stuff work fine in P3D. There are very few exceptions, usually very old stuff you wouldn't want to use in P3D anyways.

3- It depends what the product creator decides. And this will depend on how "difficult" the convertion is. Planes might be difficult to convert, so I don't expect them to be updated for free at all. Sceneries are easier to convert (they might not even need any conversion...), so we will probably get free updates (new installer programs) for such addons.

4- Yes, P3D is more stable but it's not perfect. P3D can also crash. Usually it's because of "out of memory" (OOM) errors. P3D is superior to FSX graphically, so people tend to be too optimistic with the graphic settings, and this leads to more RAM used. And more RAM used lead to OOM crashes

EDIT: Anyways, I would really recommend you to WAIT before you buy any P3D version. The version 4 might become available soon (but honnestly, nobody really knows...). It is worth it to wait a few weeks/months and see what happens.

Daube,

Now its: CLEAR!

Thanks a lot my friend! Yeah i think i will wait for the V4. Good advice.

Agree with Daube on his comments. In regards to your question #5, that's a very good question. LM is being very secretive about how compatible V4 will be and exactly when it will be released, or really anything about V4. Given that they are defence contractors for many years, secrecy is in their DNA so we should not be surprised about that. Indications are that it will be out soon.

Ok, thanks Blanston.

Hey guys do you know the % of the Flight sim community who are now on P3d? Me, i think the most of community is on FSX. Its what i can see.

It's not insubstantial and it is growing. Many like you and I are probably holding out for V4 and watching to see how Dovetail manage their effort. I have V2 of P3D but still use FSX instead and never got around to getting V3, but it is too late in its lifespan when V4 is around the corner.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Members who have read this thread: 0