14 hours to download

Thread: 14 hours to download

14 hours to download

Just checked Steam and it seems that download will commence in 14 hours from now.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Me too!!!

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Could you guys report on the framerates?

Cees

I suppose not only that Cees.....

Download/install finished. Here we goooooooo.......

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    I suppose not only that Cees.....

Download/install finished. Here we goooooooo.......
    Argggggghhhhh! over 5 hours to completion.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Less than an hour at over 11 MB/Sec.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

The first review on Steam seem awful at this moment. Ouch.

For my first flight I took the Vans from EHAM to EHLE in fair weather. Over Schiphol and Amsterdam I got a framerate of about 20-30 in both VC and external view with all settings on ultra. The ground looks a bit too bright in my opinion but that can/will be tweaked by someone in the future perhaps. After all this is still a beta. With less dense scenery areas I got up to 60 fps. Even with lower framerates it still remains smooth. Much better than FsX; Schiphol with the NL2000 scenery still brings my PC to its knees. Nice touch is the wind at lower altitudes; not only could I feel it on approach, but also hear it.

The prop spinning effect looks a bit weird though, EHLE was almost an Fs9 airport (Just tarmac..) and the aircraft shadow sometimes disappears in the runway.

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Next up was a flight with the Twin Star from De Kooy to Leeuwarden, this time in rainy weather. Framerates still the same, despite the rain, clouds and the panoramic view from the cockpit. Great to see the raindrops change direction with the speed of the aircraft, very immersive!

Flight dynamics seem to differ little from FsX at first 'feel' but I will try it a bit more over the weekend. First impressions are that it is a major improvement over Flight School, but also that it is a more 'casual' and newer version of FsX.
    For now I see myself spending a lot more time in FSW than I did in Flight School.

Really not like the DTG trailer. Seem like 2006 fsx.

I tried London and Paris and some mountaineous area's. Settings High, half a spoonful of traffic, various weather types. Aprox 15 fps over London at 2000 ft, aprox 22 fps over Paris. ( i7-4960X 3.60GHz, GTX1070, 16GB,W764, 2560x1600 on 33"). Still pretty smooth. Only saw one big stutter while trying to follow the Thames. Otherwise no stutter at all, really.

Overall everything looks way too bright. Even when flying over haze or fog everything beneath the layer turns completely white like covered in snow. Mountain textures don't look like i'm used to with Orbx/FTX... In fact the scenery overall doesn't remind of Orbx/FTX that much...

Aircraft models are pretty nice of course. Big show stopper as far as i'm concerned : ATC ! Oh,Nooo! Computerized voices ! Transports me immidiately to the common area of an old folks home, sjeeezzzz...

Well, it's a start and Early Access as well. Dissapointing at one hand (no better feeling of flight compared to FSX/P3D) but certainly promising at the other.

P.S. what are the specs of your machine, Ferry ?...

Javis you said "but certainly promising at the other". You will say that im negative but i watched other Dovetail games and the ways they developed them and i do not thrust Dovetail game.

Seriously they never made any successful game.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffv View Post
    Javis you said "but certainly promising at the other". You will say that im negative but i watched other Dovetail games and the ways they developed them and i do not thrust Dovetail game.

Seriously they never made any successful game.
    Now, now..... don't you love trains then ??....

Some people keep saying that DTG (aka former Railworks) never really addressed bugs or issues with their Railworks/TS201X series and that may well be true to some extent but personally i have enjoyed their trainsims tremendously over the years. Just as much as i tremendously enjoy FS(X)/P3D. As a follow up DTG has just recently released Train Sim World CSX, based on Unreal Engine4 and (i think) it looks magnificent. Just a first go though ( like FSW ) but i do very much trust them to make something beautiful and worthwhile out of both FSW and TSW just like they did with Railworks/TS201X.

Railworks/TS201X not succesful ??.. On ze contrary, checkout the wagonloads of DLC over at Steam ( Just Flight created a new branch called Just Trains especially for Railworks/TS201X. Would they have done that if Railworks/TS201X wouldn't have been successful ? )

Quote Originally Posted by jeffv View Post
    The first review on Steam seem awful at this moment. Ouch.
    Let's ignore the comments made by 10 years-old kids who don't understand what "early access" means
    The comments made by Javis and Ferry_vO are much more interesting, made by real adults. These are the kind of comments I'm looking for. Thanks for this, gentlemen

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Now, now..... don't you love trains then ??....

Some people keep saying that DTG (aka former Railworks) never really addressed bugs or issues with their Railworks/TS201X series and that may well be true to some extent but personally i have enjoyed their trainsims tremendously over the years. Just as much as i tremendously enjoy FS(X)/P3D. As a follow up DTG has just recently released Train Sim World CSX, based on Unreal Engine4 and (i think) it looks magnificent. Just a first go though ( like FSW ) but i do very much trust them to make something beautiful and worthwhile out of both FSW and TSW just like they did with Railworks/TS201X.

Railworks/TS201X not succesful ??.. On ze contrary, checkout the wagonloads of DLC over at Steam ( Just Flight created a new branch called Just Trains especially for Railworks/TS201X. Would they have done that if Railworks/TS201X wouldn't have been successful ? )

Maybe Javis. I dont know, i dont know ive got strange feeling inside when i think to Dovetail. I look at the Train Sim World CSX reviews on Youtube and on Steam. They are not really good. Poor performance, bad optimization etc, etc.
    Last edited by jeffv; May 18th, 2017 at 15:00.

Members who have read this thread: 0