In your opinion SimWorks Studios F-4 or Milviz F-4 ?

Thread: In your opinion SimWorks Studios F-4 or Milviz F-4 ?

Hybrid View

In your opinion SimWorks Studios F-4 or Milviz F-4 ?

Dear friends,

I didnīt see any review about SimWorks Studios F-4B/N Phantom II ,Iīve just read the thread here but almost 99.8% posts were about Beta phase, so in your opinion, the best choice of a good (realistic) F-4 would be Milviz F-4 or SimWorks?

I thank you in advance,

Hamilton

It is really personal preference. I prefer the B model from Simworks myself, but others that I fly with prefer the E model from Milviz. It is really an "Apples and Oranges" kind of deal as the B and E models of the Phantom were completely different aircraft in systems, interiors, and uses.

I have both...
    In my humble opinion.. Sim Works..
    Why? Because the Milviz J/S isn't Tack Pack capable.. and be honest.. I've had a load of crashes with the current Milviz build..(and previous builds too).

I just checked the SimWorks YouTube demo. I already have the Milviz F-4E and F-4J. From what I see in the demo I do prefer Milviz's surface texturing with all the surface irregularities in the skin and I think their VC looks better. It also sounds great! (It is also now TacPac enabled for those who want it.) That said, I'll probably still pick up the SimWorks simply because it is an early model with the skinny wing and short nozzles of the early J-79 engines! (They are the versions which produced the loudest J-79 "howl"! Hopefully included in the soundset!) I haven't seen or gotten anything from SimWorks as I haven't heard of them, but now I'm off to look into their offerings (and probably pick up the B)!

SOH-CM-2023
    Benton IL. U.S.A. Ilive in country with 70 acres.

Phantom

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    I just checked the SimWorks YouTube demo. I already have the Milviz F-4E and F-4J. From what I see in the demo I do prefer Milviz's surface texturing with all the surface irregularities in the skin and I think their VC looks better. It also sounds great! (It is also now TacPac enabled for those who want it.) That said, I'll probably still pick up the SimWorks simply because it is an early model with the skinny wing and short nozzles of the early J-79 engines! (They are the versions which produced the loudest J-79 "howl"! Hopefully included in the soundset!) I haven't seen or gotten anything from SimWorks as I haven't heard of them, but now I'm off to look into their offerings (and probably pick up the B)!
    Sir, it is my opinion the old Cloud 9 Phantom rebuilt on this site is better, for one reason it looks real , and fly's the best. That is my opinion , I'm old but was close to the real Phantom when they ruled the sky. Thanks to the members here the Cloud 9 Phantom fly's on! Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Mumbower View Post
    Sir, it is my opinion the old Cloud 9 Phantom rebuilt on this site is better, for one reason it looks real , and fly's the best. That is my opinion , I'm old but was close to the real Phantom when they ruled the sky. Thanks to the members here the Cloud 9 Phantom fly's on! Lee
    Pardon Sir,I didnīt understand,what did you mean by "the old Cloud 9 Phantom rebuilt on this site"? As far I know the Cloud 9 Phantom is FS9 only... Sorry,Iīm old too maybe I missed something...

Regards,

Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Mumbower View Post
    I wish I could sample the Cloud 9 Phantom to see for myself, but unfortunately they're gone. I would've liked to have their G.91 as well. I looks like SSW is getting one together though, so hopefully soon on the FIAT. How to I find the Cloud 9 Phantom here? (I'm only on FSX BTW, although I've found a fair number of FS9 title still work fine in FSX.)

Members who have read this thread: 1