Carrier landings gone away - please help! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carrier landings gone away - please help!

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Well, whatever it was, glad you got your mojo back

I personally do AIC backwards, I guess. I have it in my exe.xml, and if I'm not going to use it, I shut it off. 6 of one...

Have fun, and happy traps to you!
    Pat☺

Cheers Pat,

I've switched over to the .NET version of AIC - re: your advice - and I have the .exe on the desktop ready for deployment when I boot the Sim. I either do this sort of thing or am sitting in the left seat of an A320X (FSLabs) and pretty much nothing in between - so it fits nicely that I can exe it as and when.

Jim

p.s: That FSXBA Hornet v16.1 with Tacpack is amazingly fabulous. Great fun.

This is me on a good day - and probably why I found the traps so difficult - after not doing 'Those" types of landings for a while!

image hosting 30 mb

You're not far off on the location. I use Culdrose as my default start-up and I was heading out toward the SW approaches

Lusty is one of Gary's earlier models (and rather blue)! His 2010 Ark5 was made using Blender and is much better. As per.. devs get better with each model they make. Do try Victorious 64/66. They're nice models to be on. Not a lot to see compared to the big American flat tops but they're a quarter of the size Try those French carriers too.. Clemenceau/Foch/CDG. Lovely models and a pleasure to fly to

ATB
    DaveB

If you are looking for a payware level RN carrier then I agree with Dave - try victorious 64/66.

As for Lusty.... The one in the library was my first foray in modelling and when I look at it now it's quite hideous.

I'm adapting my Ark V model to create a variant of illustrious that's a bit more up to date for Henriks global ship traffic. Should be ready in a week or two. Still not to the same level as other developers but I'm learning as I go......at this rate I should get to Javier level in about 15 years!

:-)

I cheated with HMS Ocean....bought a model of Turbosquid and adapted it!

Cheers
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    You're not far off on the location. I use Culdrose as my default start-up and I was heading out toward the SW approaches

Lusty is one of Gary's earlier models (and rather blue)! His 2010 Ark5 was made using Blender and is much better. As per.. devs get better with each model they make. Do try Victorious 64/66. They're nice models to be on. Not a lot to see compared to the big American flat tops but they're a quarter of the size Try those French carriers too.. Clemenceau/Foch/CDG. Lovely models and a pleasure to fly to

ATB
    DaveB
    Love Culdrose. One of my fav. night sorties is Fairford then west, intercept Bristol channel, fly under the bridge, and then overland across to Culdrose to bomb old aircraft carcasses at Predannack - then leg it back to EGHF (Daedalus) up the Solent. All in Night Vision and at zero feet. In the Harrier of course. Sometimes Ark Royal is off the Isle-of-Wight if I haven't had enough excitement for one evening for VTOLS.

Best,

Jim

• Quote Originally Posted by gp183601 View Post
      If you are looking for a payware level RN carrier then I agree with Dave - try victorious 64/66.
    Quote Originally Posted by gp183601 View Post

As for Lusty.... The one in the library was my first foray in modelling and when I look at it now it's quite hideous.

I'm adapting my Ark V model to create a variant of illustrious that's a bit more up to date for Henriks global ship traffic. Should be ready in a week or two. Still not to the same level as other developers but I'm learning as I go......at this rate I should get to Javier level in about 15 years!

:-)

I cheated with HMS Ocean....bought a model of Turbosquid and adapted it!

Cheers
    Gary

Hi Gary,

That sounds very exciting - variant of R07 for Lusty. Would very much love to do OPS on that.

I have spent many a night biting nails at 180 kias "looking for the green luminous deck of home" when coming in to your Ark from some mission.
    Love your stuff. True great builder and contributor to our hobby. Many thanks,

Jim

Hey Jim!
    Is the exe on your desktop the actual .exe for AICarriers, or is it a shortcut? If it's a shortcut, set it to Run as Administrator. If it's the actual AICarriers.exe, when you run it, make sure you rclick and select Run As Administrator.
    Just making sure
    Is that the VRS Superbug? Just wondering. The HUD is very unfamiliar to me, but I can't afford payware so it's out of my reach if it's the TacPac Hornet.
    In any event, have a great time, whatever you're flying
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

I've done it as a shortcut to the .exe - which indeed gets to Run as Admin.

Razbam Harrier GR9 - better close up of the HUD reveals Speed and Height as a giveaway!
    32 knots over the nose at 157 Feet, Nozzles at 72, Flaps 62, pilot flatulent.

I love this aeroplane. It's much maligned but it takes a lot of flying. The VTOL performance IS demanding but not, I imagine, as difficult as the real thing.
    I keep coming back to it and I now probably have more hours in this than anything else. It's one of the only aeroplanes in my hangar that has the genuine ability to frighten me. Unfortunately Raz never got round to equipping it with Tacpack but it fires live ordinance and A/A locks targets using its Radar. The weapon effects are very cool. It appears to be permanently on sale for $10 via the Razbam www. The AV-8B has the radar, the GR7/9 does not but you can still track via ECM.

Members who have read this thread: 0