England Based F-100

Thread: England Based F-100

England Based F-100

After seeing there is a couple of repaints for the Milviz F-100 of aircraft that were based in England at such bases as RAF Lakenheath. RAF Upper Heyford and RAF Wethersfield. Would it be Possible to see this one that is currently a Gate Guard at RAF Croughton.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 23546559359_5177a5b733.jpg  

Yeah! Triple Zilch! I would love to see this one too! One of my favorite decal sets that Monogram came out with for their F-100! I have a request in for George Laven's Hun on the Milviz forum. Probably the gaudiest of them all! Try requesting there as well as they have a forum topic specifically for F-100 repaints. (And a list of available ones. Makes 'em easy to find!)

Ooo i think inwas supposed o do that one....I completely forgot! I can if you like...
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    Yeah! Triple Zilch! I would love to see this one too! One of my favorite decal sets that Monogram came out with for their F-100! I have a request in for George Laven's Hun on the Milviz forum. Probably the gaudiest of them all! Try requesting there as well as they have a forum topic specifically for F-100 repaints. (And a list of available ones. Makes 'em easy to find!)
    I did request a paint over there for Duxfords (Well what was Duxfords) F100 and I got no reply. Are there any photos of the one you have requested its nice to see that I am not the only one who would like to see this done.

Only if that is ok with you rick would love to add it to my hangar.

I'll do it.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    I'll do it.
    Thankyou.

Just to prove I'm working on it...totally WIP totally garbage at this point..using stand in specs, alphas from skyblazers....so everything looks wonky and nothing matches lines up...but I'm committed now...so no turning back!

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

A little more progress...not much but I've got all the research material I need...(I hope!) to make it accurate.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Burnside View Post
    After seeing there is a couple of repaints for the Milviz F-100 of aircraft that were based in England at such bases as RAF Lakenheath. RAF Upper Heyford and RAF Wethersfield. Would it be Possible to see this one that is currently a Gate Guard at RAF Croughton.

Just for your information, this F-100, and the F-105D that stood nearby, have both been broken up and disposed of.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Just for your information, this F-100, and the F-105D that stood nearby, have both been broken up and disposed of.
    Now thats a shame thank you for the info.

A little more progress...not much but I've got all the research material I need...(I hope!) to make it accurate.

Looking good rick.

Under stripes complete...those were a bear to line up with those curves...added custom alpha. Specular still not dialed in at all. Wing tips then tail and done. The rest is simple...hard part over!

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Looks great so far! Can't wait for the end result!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Well I can't solve the waiting game...but this should be ready hopefully on the weekend or.monday sometime.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Well I can't solve the waiting game...but this should be ready hopefully on the weekend or.monday sometime.
    Will be worth the wait im sure.

Thanks for Triple Zilch Rick. I tried messing with the paint kit for the Hun and am totally clueless. How do you "erase" the current markings on the templates? Would like to try George Laven's bird, but I don't think it's happening very soon! The harder I try to build or even repaint, the more respect I have for what you guys are doing! Even using Uncle Milty's awesome YouTube tutorials to build simple stuff I fail. I must be missing some peripheral programs for painting or even using Gmax! (And I haven't even gotten to the specular maps and all the fancy stuff yet!)

Members who have read this thread: 0