Lockheed A-12 progress screenshots - Downwards periscope

Thread: Lockheed A-12 progress screenshots - Downwards periscope

Lockheed A-12 progress screenshots - Downwards periscope

I thought it time to show some new screenshots from Prepar3d 3.4 of the working downwards Periscope view sight which seems to have minimal FPS hit using render to texture to create the necessary projected screen. It is of course switchable and will not function in FSX.

Hope you like them!

Looking great, this may get me to get off the fence and get P3D!

Man, this looks good !

Looks nice
    Last edited by gray eagle; May 13th, 2017 at 07:57.

Brilliant centuryseries!

That is phenomenal centuryseries! My wallet can't wait to depart with the cash...this is my single most anticipated project. I just recently watched this youtube video. Very excited for the project to move from Area 51 and into it's Detachment!

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    That is phenomenal centuryseries! My wallet can't wait to depart with the cash...this is my single most anticipated project. I just recently watched this youtube video. Very excited for the project to move from Area 51 and into it's Detachment!
    Oh man, that is a great video. I just love the humor of Murray, and the wealth of information. Nothing beats "been there, done that". Thank you so much for sharing this!!

A big cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Thanks for your comments and sharing that presentation, if I can get people interested in the A-12 which is often far over shadowed by the slower, 'family' version SR-71 and in general their technical genius over then I will have succeeded. Only in flight sim can we experience what it was like to fly at 85000 feet racing at Mach 3.2+ over Vietnam. It's sad that the program was classified for so long.

Secret HQ in the Snoqualmie Valley, USA, Planet Earth

Oxcart

Note the license plate:

Seeya
    ATB

Looking forwards to seeing how she performs in Prepar3d V4, but she now has working TEB counter and limited number of afterburner ignitions (16 per engine), rear view mirrors, control surface limiters (visual only), an ECM switch and jamming lamp for anyone wanting to add Electronic Counter measures from Tacpack to her - I have no clue how to do this, never used Tacpack and for this aircraft it doesn't seem worth it, unless some gurus can tell me how to get RWR warning lights to work - the aircraft has RWR for left side, right side and straight on. Added some more annunciator lights for manual inlet control and others, a new set of steps etc etc. Just need to write a manual, test in V4 and hopefully that'll be it!

Blog Entries
    I guess I better start looking for a spacesuit on eBay. Those pictures are awful enticing.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Members who have read this thread: 0