Mikko's Maule FSX native
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mikko's Maule FSX native

Blog Entries

Mikko's Maule FSX native

As the title suggest, Mikko's Maule M7-260/MT7-260 from the early FS2004 are being converted to FSX native with spec and bump maps. As of now and so far, the tricycle gear variant is the first to be converted with the external model nearly done. The plan is to get all variants converted and released in one shot instead of one by one. Now as I mentioned in the other thread, everything from the original release will remain intact. No changes to the externals or virtual cockpit are going to be made, the only change being done is adding a propeller blur disc in 3DS Max since the original is lost during the export from MCX. High resolution textures are planned, but I'm leaving that for my painter to do. No timeframe and I'm not in no hurry to get these done as I am preparing the release of the Sikorsky S76 in a few days, going over the Bell 222 to get it released, more work on the Trislander. So for anyone that wished to have wanting these fully working in FSX, well those dreams came true
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017-5-11_18-52-28-446.jpg   2017-5-13_1-52-44-816.jpg   2017-5-13_1-49-27-300.jpg   2017-5-13_1-48-22-41.jpg   2017-5-11_18-51-2-194.jpg   2017-5-11_18-50-47-808.jpg  

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Blog Entries
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017-5-11_18-50-47-808.jpg   2017-5-11_18-51-2-194.jpg   2017-5-13_1-48-22-41.jpg  

Thank you for doing this. This is nostalgic add-on for FS.

Quote Originally Posted by euroastar350 View Post
    the only change being done is adding a propeller blur disc in 3DS Max since the original is lost during the export from MCX.
    Just to avoid confusion, the propeller disc can be salvaged by reimporting the MDL in MCX and entering high numbers in the "set condition variables".

Hi,

Is this tri-gear version available for download somewhere, please ?
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Hi,

Is this tri-gear version available for download somewhere, please ?
    I just checked and it is available in Avsim: https://library.avsim.net/index.php?CatID=fsxac

mmersm7260fsx.zip in the AVSIM Library.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

I was wondering why would I need this when the default Maule in FSX is such a little gem. Now I see it's a trike.

Whole other beast.

Getting it.

Found it ! Apparently 6 different models in the zip.

Thank-you, Charlie and co.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Found it ! Apparently 6 different models in the zip.

Thank-you, Charlie and co.
    Post back here if it worked for you! Everything seemed to work on the free flight page until it crapped out with a CTD before I could pick my airport!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Hi everybody,

very beautiful plane but I have a question.
    I have strange grey triangles when the landing lights are on, but only when I 'm looking from the rear part of the plane to the front.

Strange issue...

Stay safe Lucame

Quote Originally Posted by lucame View Post
    Hi everybody,

very beautiful plane but I have a question.
    I have strange grey triangles when the landing lights are on, but only when I 'm looking from the rear part of the plane to the front.

Strange issue...

Stay safe Lucame
    Are you using DX10? May not be compatible.

Hi Mr Zippy,

no , I'm not using DX 10

The triangles appear just when the landing lights are on.
    No problems with position lights or beacon.

Quote Originally Posted by lucame View Post
    Hi Mr Zippy,

no , I'm not using DX 10

The triangles appear just when the landing lights are on.
    No problems with position lights or beacon.
    OK, I was just referencing your post in the "Other" Sim Site! Any chance of a screenshot?

screenshot of this stange issue

Here a screensot of this srange issue ?

Best regards
    jm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Maule FS9-FSX_conversion.jpg  

I have a slightly older version of this Maule. Probably the FS9 ported over to FSX version. The landing lights show fine. I'll make another attempt at this FSX Native version to see if there is a difference.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maule.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	75804

Name:	maule1.jpg 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	75805

OK, now I have the New FSX Native Maule working and I see what you are talking about, also! Might have to try some other landing light effects!

Name:	YUK.jpg 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	75808

Quote Originally Posted by jeanmuller View Post
    Best regards
    jm
    Same here as well, and only visible from the rear. There is also an odd shadow that shows on the top of the fuselage and is visible in all of the screenshots posted here. I checked the textures and it's not part of the fuselage or wings so not sure why it's there.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Also no VC available even when adding interior=Maule_Trigear_P3DV4_interior to the model.cfg. Too bad! Off to the recycle bin.

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Post back here if it worked for you! Everything seemed to work on the free flight page until it crapped out with a CTD before I could pick my airport!
    Hi Charlie,

That may be a while, but definitely looking forward to trying the tri-gear and float versions out.

I currently have a serious case of Irisitis happening here.

I uninstalled the CT/4F after several unexplained CTD's, but wasn't about to give up on these beauties - went back in for a second look today.

The Grob G155E/Tutor T.1 works flawlessly and flies beautifully - a great aircraft for low 'n slow flights.

The PC21 Driver, ... it too works flawlessly - FMS, HUD etc. This one is fast and likes to get away from you even during taxi.

Lots of eye candy in both these aircraft.

A very generous gesture to offer these at n/c to our community....... Thank-you, Iris.
    Cheers, MZee ...

Quote Originally Posted by jeanmuller View Post

Best regards
    jm
    The same it was in converted Mi-2 with landing lights.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Also no VC available even when adding interior=Maule_Trigear_P3DV4_interior to the model.cfg. Too bad! Off to the recycle bin.
    Check the "model.cfg" file, it's missing the interior model info!!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Tri-gear VC Fix

On the FSX model, changing the tri-gear model.cfg file to read as below was the VC fix.

[models]

normal=Maule_Trigear_P3DV4_exterior
    interior=Maule_Trigear_P3DV4_interior

This worked on the FSX model on both a Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 system. Neither of these run DX10 and both run FSX Acceleration.

Last edited by RayHff; May 1st, 2020 at 15:43. Reason: added system info

Blog Entries
    The triangle issue seems to be the light poly not having a material applied and there is no way I can add a material in Model Convertor X

The odd shadow on top of the fuselage is not something I can correct as it is a model issue and not texture related. No sources exist, hence why I mentioned that this model was converted over using MCX. The shadow issue only appears in FSX and not P3DV4 :/

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by euroastar350 View Post
    The triangle issue seems to be the light poly not having a material applied and there is no way I can add a material in Model Convertor X

The odd shadow on top of the fuselage is not something I can correct as it is a model issue and not texture related. No sources exist, hence why I mentioned that this model was converted over using MCX. The shadow issue only appears in FSX and not P3DV4 :/

The Triangle issue might be on your end as I have seen it with a few of your latest models. I don't get them. Also seems to be the same material as the top antennas in MCX and in Hierarchy mode it's tied to a ton of other parts so you can't delete it. I'm downloading the original model now and I'll open it up in MCX (Do you have the latest version?) and see what I get.

Edit. Got Mikko's original file downloaded. First pic is MCX first import of the original model. second is George's FSX model. and the third are my MCX importer settings. Not sure what the issue but I had those same triangles on the MD500 George released a while ago as well.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2020-may-2-001.jpg   -2020-may-2-003.jpg   -2020-may-2-002.jpg  
    You can't take the sky from me...

Triangle effect

1) The model name has nothing to do with the visual issue in FSX, it is only important that the ---exterior.mdl & ----interior.mdl
    name are identical with the model.cfg file texte.
    (expl.
    [models]
    normal=Maule_Tri-cycle_exterior
    interior=Maule_Tri-cycle_interior

2) In FSX-SE/(DX10fixer) all models works perfectly except the landing lights triangles visulal issue.
    I don't have the odd shadow on th top of the fuselage for all models, see screenshot (may be a DX9 issue).

3) Like eurostar350 said, the triangle effect seems to be a polygone conversion issue and not a texture neither effect-texture issue.

It would be a pity to put this nice aircraft in the basket because of this annoying triangle issue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Maule_Tri-cycle_FSX-SE_DX10_exterior-view.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 1