FG-1D Corsair Milviz (preview)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FG-1D Corsair Milviz (preview)

FG-1D Corsair Milviz (preview)

Just from FB of Milviz!

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Here's a quote from an early post at Milviz regarding the Corsair.

This will be for P3D v2.5+ ONLY. Not available for FSX or P3D v1.4

I have P3D and will plan on picking this up but just a heads up for those that have hopes running this in FSX.

Well how about one of our friendly neighbourhood administrators move this thread to the P3D forum . . .

Another bloody Corsair!!!!!!!!
    Zero points for originality.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Excellent. Done deal for me. Can't have too many Corsairs IMO.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Another bloody Corsair!!!!!!!!
    Zero points for originality.

I FULLY agree :-(
    The more you do, the less you dream

Quote Originally Posted by evvatc View Post
    Here's a quote from an early post at Milviz regarding the Corsair.
    "This will be for P3D v2.5+ ONLY. Not available for FSX or P3D v1.4"
    I have P3D and will plan on picking this up but just a heads up for those that have hopes running this in FSX.
    That simple statement is pretty telling actually. Since Prepar3D_V3.4+ is the current release version (with V4 Hopefully not far off) and V2.5 was released over 2 years ago. I like the Corsair and I'm sure this version will be excellent with all the attention to detail that MilViz is well known for, but here's an airplane that they apparently felt was at least close to release 2 years ago as they stated what release it was for. I don't know how many different versions of the Corsair are currently available (both freeware and payware) but I know it's quite a few and while I stated I like the Corsair, to me a Corsair is a Corsair is a Corsair. . .much like the High Wing Cessna Family. . .enough is enough.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

SOH-CM-2023
    I agree with the lack of originality and repetition comments. Time for an FSX/P3D update to something like the venerable Douglas Skyraider if you want an old reciprocating engine warhorse. Just do it ONCE !!!!!

Was the AF Corsair not a MilViz mesh anyway? It would explain the similarities and why MV might be keen on promoting it. I'm sure I've read (somewhere here I think) that A2A/AF aren't planning on doing anything else with it.

ATB
    DaveB

This Corsair is, essentially, the same Corsair that was sold to A2A for FSX. We've taken this model, redone the VC nigh on 100%, redone the external paint, are redoing the FD, adding TacPack capability, and, finally, redoing all of the code base.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    This Corsair is, essentially, the same Corsair that was sold to A2A for FSX. We've taken this model, redone the VC nigh on 100%, redone the external paint, are redoing the FD, adding TacPack capability, and, finally, redoing all of the code base.
    thanks
    Sounds good to me.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Seeing several previous comments I must say that the Milviz Corsair/FG-1D has a new face. The vc is one of the best I have ever seen for design and realism. Work continues in all areas to make this beauty as realistic as possible. It will definitely be one of Milviz's best ever. I was asked to paint her some time ago. She was a joy to paint. One of the results is shown by YoYo above. Stay tuned for updates from time to time. Very exciting things happening at Milviz.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    I will be happy with any Corsair that is an improvement over the ones we have, even I am quite satisfied with the A2A one. And I have no doubt that Milviz will once again do a very good job. So whatever the plane’s origins, I’m glad it’s on its way to us (hopefully on base leg).

Sorry, not gonna pay for a rehashed -1D. The A2A bird (aka MilViz) is certainly adequate. Now if it were a -4 or -5N....

Just wished to share with you how the new VC looks now during the testing (No edits, P3D v3.4, just added the WIP notes):

Agree, the VC is stunning (external also)!

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Oh man, that looks gorgeous. Looks like it's not too far from being released to the wild :-)

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

It is important to know what to expect. As of now the FG-1D is in Alpha2 so there is a ways to go. This cockpit absolutely makes this aircraft. Fantastic quality and functionality as usual from Milviz. Updates as to progress will come from time to time.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Looking forward to it! My current A2A Corsair only shows wings in P3D v3.4
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

WIP propeller effect:

Now it is in beta stage .

Stovall's skin from FB:

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    ....Yummy!!

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    I FULLY agree :-(
    Although I would like an F2G. Especially if it included a Race 57 texture!

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    That simple statement is pretty telling actually. Since Prepar3D_V3.4+ is the current release version (with V4 Hopefully not far off) and V2.5 was released over 2 years ago. I like the Corsair and I'm sure this version will be excellent with all the attention to detail that MilViz is well known for, but here's an airplane that they apparently felt was at least close to release 2 years ago as they stated what release it was for. I don't know how many different versions of the Corsair are currently available (both freeware and payware) but I know it's quite a few and while I stated I like the Corsair, to me a Corsair is a Corsair is a Corsair. . .much like the High Wing Cessna Family. . .enough is enough.
    Especially when a lot of other planes are being passed over. I'm itching for an Airacobra (which is in the works from Warbird Sim I hear) and would really like a Devastator. Also wish Vertigo Studios would do a Cougar to go with their Panther. Really liking the A-20 and B-26 that is being worked on here. I do understand where the payware companies are coming from though. They won't do a TBD payware because it probably wouldn't sell in as much volume as a more popular plane. (Although that's not even always true. Virtavia just put out an XB-46. (Although I think that was just someone doing it for he love of the plane and saying "Meh, maybe I'll make a few bucks on the side.") Well, they got my money, because I like weird, obscure and unusual!

I love all of the improvements done to the model! I remember sending nearly 100 photos of the cockpit of an unrestored/original FG-1D, and I'm glad to see it helped.

Unfortunately the color of blue used is very much incorrect for its original military service. That shade of blue was only invented on Corsair restorations in the 80's/early 90's (as in the case of the inspiration for the main paint scheme, that being the Palm Springs Air Museum example).

The WWII combat-vet FG-1D restoration at the Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum, which was just completed this summer, is the product of nearly a couple decades of research, and is finished in the original type paint it had when in service in the Pacific in 1945. The paint is lacquer-based, and already starting to chip off in places. In the original paint specifications for all of the FG-1D's that were painted glossy sea blue, part of the original specifications outlined that the top of the nose was to be painted non-specular sea blue, as you can see in these photos. Where as glossy sea blue is a deep rich tone with a lot of reflection, the non-specular sea blue was flat paint with less richness in tone. This was to provide a glare-shield out in front of the windscreen down to the cowls.

This is the exact way it was in 1945 (I believe it is the only one flying today with the original dash-number engine and two-stage supercharger as well). The cut-down/shorter antenna mast in front also seems to have been very common/the most used among the FG-1D production.

Members who have read this thread: 0