Which aircraft do you miss the most from FS9? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which aircraft do you miss the most from FS9?

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    The Aerosoft Do-27, which was a very advanced model for its time. The Flying Stations Canberras, and the Lionheart Junkers W33 would be great candidates for an FsX upgrade in my book.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Taylor View Post
    That sounds like an awful lot to take on, Bjoern, but I appreciate the offer.
    It is.

Next to the base pack, I have eight or ten different aircraft folders for a few common 727 configurations. Each repaint I've installed was checked against the real aircraft in terms of features (hush kits, nose brakes, engine model, avionics and weights, etc...) and put into its own aircraft folder, if necessary. In each aircraft folder, with the exception of the repaint specific textures, everything else links back to the base folder where the actual model, panel, sound, etc...files reside. [Fltsim.x] entries for a repaint have to be changed or amended in places or the paint won't work. Ditto for the texture.cfg. Do not use the one from the repaint. If a new 727 variation is required, a new model folder has to be built from the config file repository in the base folder and the appropriate aircraft.cfg template has to be adapted to the new variation before the associated repaint can be installed.
    It is comparatively exhausting to set up and maintain, even for me (not gonna lie), but it's the only way to avoid wasting hard drive space while providing as many realistic 727 configurations as possible. It will at least allow you to have National's/Pan Am's anemic -7A powered -200 models coexist with some later -200 series freighter conversions with uprated MTOW and newer engines like the -15 or -17AR.
    There is, of course, the possibility of a "ready to go" package with Tom's default paints, but I figure that the long winded, steep road is much better in teaching users the intricacies of configuring and maintaining their 727 variations.

But once you're past that, everything in the simulator is business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    The Aerosoft Do-27, which was a very advanced model for its time. The Flying Stations Canberras, and the Lionheart Junkers W33 would be great candidates for an FsX upgrade in my book.
    Actually I still fly the FSX version of the DO-27 (in P3D) after one or two tweaks to the glass. It's one of my favorite aircraft.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    Two - Volpar Beech 18 and Norseman

Don
    Sorry Don. I don't even have the source files anymore....
    You can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    All I have for a good 727 in FSX is something built on Tom's freeware 727 models. There are limitations to the virtual cockpit model and, of course, the simulator, but I've used a FCOM to implement as much of underlying logic of the real bird as I can. It has custom FDEs for most engine variants and most weight configurations, engine limitations and shenanigans like realistic startup, hot and hung starts, something akin to APR on the -17R, a load manager, automated v-speed bugs and F/O callouts and while the switch sounds aren't realistic, at least the trim clacker sound is.

The problem is that requires an awful lot of time to install and setup which is covered in 15+ pages in what exists of the manual, that the manual itself is incomplete (there's custom checklists though) and that it absolutely requires Tom's model, regardless of what one thinks about its VC textures. No Captain Sim and no TDS exterior model.

I can wrap up what's present and upload it, but there's gonna be one catch: No questions that can be answered by reading (what's present of) the manual are allowed.
    You mentioned you were tackling Tom's 727 a while ago. (Beyond what's already on your site)

Been waiting ever since.

Knowing your work, it'll be stellar.

Dreamfleet's B727, Ready For Pushback's B742 (one of the best addons ever created), Project Fokker freeware.
    Jim B.
    R/W Cessna 172 Pilot
    Captain, SWVA, NorCal Hub

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy3 View Post
    Ready For Pushback's B742 (one of the best addons ever created), Project Fokker freeware.
    Agreed plus [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Cessna T-37 Tweet[/COLOR]
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Sounds like the Air Scheffel 737.
    Yep, that's it, thanks Bjoern
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by Stefano Zibell View Post
    You mentioned you were tackling Tom's 727 a while ago. (Beyond what's already on your site)

Been waiting ever since.

My thoughts exactly. I think I'd like to give it a try, but I wouldn't have any time to devote to it until next month.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

I would love to see Mikko Maliniemi Maule package in FSX native version.

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    Actually I still fly the FSX version of the DO-27 (in P3D) after one or two tweaks to the glass. It's one of my favorite aircraft.
    Hi theFrog.

This is one I'd love to get working properly in P3D. Would you be so kind as to share your fixes?

Regards,A.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniJH View Post
    I would love to see Mikko Maliniemi Maule package in FSX native version.
    I still fly his Valmet Vinka in FSX and P3D
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Rancho JEN's Cessna C-152 taildragger. As much as I like Didier Lagaffe's C-150K Tundra taildragger, I still have a soft spot for R-JEN's as I actually managed to create a paint scheme that looked pretty good on it.

Being a fan of low 'n slow flying, I'm a big fan of ultralights in FS, and there was a nicely rendered RANS S-12 Airaile that I really liked. Oddly, it didn't include any figures - pilot or passenger - on board.

A bit O/T, but one thing I really miss from FS9 are some Ontario sceneries that I flew out of or into frequently; Picton, Bancroft, Peterborough, and Haliburton-Stanhope. They'd all been nicely rendered in FS9 but haven't been recreated for FSX.

N.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefano Zibell View Post

Been waiting ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Taylor View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I think I'd like to give it a try, but I wouldn't have any time to devote to it until next month.
    Well, looks like I have to wrap something up then.

Actually, two series of planes, would be the old prop liners from Jens B. Kristensen, though we have some those from good developers now, like the Argonaut, and the Hauke Keitel models. I liked that they made those old, rare propliner/cargo planes, which we're finally starting to get more of for FSX.

Aeroworx B200 Super King Air - needs serious panel work which has not yet been successful in FSX IMHO - sadly missed....
    best regards

Rick Canham
    Australia/Sweden

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gradyhappyg View Post
    The Maule M-7 6 Pack by I forget it's been so long and the default amphib Caravan. Used both of these in FSX till the acceleration update then problems.

Just started this today and yes, I got Mikko's permission to convert it to FSX native. In no hurry to get them done as I have other priorities at the moment, plus I'm a one man show. Been wanting to convert Mikko's Maule into FSX since the early days of FSX and Mikko doesn't have the source files any longer, so I'm running them through MCX and Blender to spit out an OBJ file which I am basing the working models from in 3DS Max. Everything will be original from the last release in 2003 including VC, so no changes whatsoever to be done, except adding the missing propeller disc which is lost during the conversion from MCX to OBJ. So there is hope
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017-5-11_18-52-28-446.jpg  

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

[QUOTE=euroastar350;1082289]Just started this today and yes, I got Mikko's permission to convert it to FSX native. No time and in no hurry to get them done as I have other priorities at the moment, plus I'm a one man show. Been wanting to convert Mikko's Maule into FSX since the early days of FSX and Mikko doesn't have the source files any longer, so I'm running them through MCX and Blender to spit out an OBJ file which I am basing the working models from in 3DS Max. Everything will be original from the last release in 2003 including VC, so no changes whatsoever to be done, except adding the missing propeller disc which is lost during the conversion from MCX to OBJ. So there is hope

Wow And thanks. Take your time no rush but I am looking forward to these.

Thank You euroastar350, very much for doing this This package is must have, like Miltons aero commanders and other his work

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    I'll second Lionheart's W33 and W34 Junkers package.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    I would say the Calclassic propliners (Convair CV-240, Douglas DC-6/7 etc) but I still have FS9 installed and use it along with FSX.

FS9 to me is like a pair of old comfy slippers. It's there when you need it.
    There are FSX versions of the Convairliners and DC-6 at the Calclassic website. I've used the FSX Convairliners and they work pretty well, even with SP2/Acceleration.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Vortex,
    You said: ''The one aircraft I really miss the most in FSX is the Pilot's "Boeing B314 - The Clipper".

It's over at Simviation: Link: http://simviation.com/1/download?fil...p&fileId=19745 . There is also an update / patch.

The plane I miss most in FS9 is the Helio H-295 Courier 'Jar' (orig for FS98) by Chris Lampard. I fliped the textures and flew it in FS9. Lost it in a hard drive crash. Here is pic.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails H295_JAARS.jpg  
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

That link is for an update to Mike Stones model mate.. not the Pilots version.

ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 0