Question about Sound in FSX

Thread: Question about Sound in FSX

Question about Sound in FSX

Folks,
    I've been enjoying flying on a team server for years now, but for some reason lately my team server seems to be down, and there is no response from the host. So......I've started to look around for others hosting sessions, and found a couple that appear to fit my needs. Now the question is that when I join the session I can't hear anything through my headphones (Logitech G390) which I know are working. I can hear clicking sounds on the connect tab, select aircraft tab, choose airport tab, but as soon as I jump into the airport.....nothing....not even the sound of a cricket (LOL). All is there except sound. I've checked and tried the numerous settings on the sound tab. My voice is at 100%, while I have all other at about 2%. I don't like to be deafened by extremely loud engine sound, which we all know to well. I've got my speakers/headphones set to default, and my mic set to default in FSX. I have my G390 set as my default sound device.....I've been researching on the net about the issue.....all I've been able to find is a possible with the sound card!?!? If that were the case I wouldn't here any sound at all correct....even when selecting my aircraft and airport.........any help greatly appreciated!
    OS Vista 64 Home Basic
    WD 1.5 TB HD
    EVGA 550Ti 2GB MEM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS 8GB RAM
    Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHZ
    XION High Performance 1000W PS
    FSX/Acceleration

Disregard......
    OS Vista 64 Home Basic
    WD 1.5 TB HD
    EVGA 550Ti 2GB MEM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS 8GB RAM
    Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHZ
    XION High Performance 1000W PS
    FSX/Acceleration

Quote Originally Posted by LE151 View Post
    Disregard......
    Would be interested to know if you solved the problem, or just gave up as there were no suggestions? Occasionally I too have sound problems, and it is quite maddening. There have been times I have had to reboot, and then things work again. Have NO idea what caused problem sometimes.

Most recently, following a Win 10 update, my default speakers became assigned to my damn monitor, which I NEVER use for sound. And on occasion that has happened before too. NC

Members who have read this thread: 0