Annuschka Adventures in the Orbx World - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Annuschka Adventures in the Orbx World

Ganter-

I would urge everyone to go read Steve Waite's work in the Prepar3D forum on AvSim. There I learned that I was way better off at a 30Hz refresh, and frames locked at 20 in Prepar3D v3- butter!

Then, for v4 with some of his help, I learned that I was better off at 60Hz refresh and frames locked at 24.... but this is SO individual, and system SPECIFIC. It takes time and work to arrive at what works best for YOU. I am hopeful that LM will optimize performance even more in v4.1 as despite having a fairly fast system, the sim can still bring her to her knees if I put all the sliders full right which I was able to do in v3.

Eliminating LONG frames alludes to making all the frames the same time length- so the system does not have to "fill in any gaps" by extending the time it shows one frame (for longer than the others which are shown for 1/20 or 1/24 of a second). It, I firmly believe, is the key to smoothness in the sim.

HTH- C

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    Carl,
    I love this post and have read a couple of times. Pics are amazing.
    I noticed this post about settings, this time around:

May I ask what you mean by ELIMINATE Long Frames?

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Ganter-

I would urge everyone to go read Steve Waite's work in the Prepar3D forum on AvSim. There I learned that I was way better off at a 30Hz refresh, and frames locked at 20 in Prepar3D v3- butter!
    Hi Carl. Searching Avsim is kind of difficult (and that may be complicated by my not being a member over there). Can you supply a link (or links) to Steve's work. Thanks.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Thanks Carl! Off to do some reading.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

Ouch!

How come the guy who bailed at 5000' knew that was going to happen? ;-)
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    Ouch!

How come the guy who bailed at 5000' knew that was going to happen? ;-)
    Or it was him :

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Or it was him :

Yeah! Finally you get the call:

"Can anybody fly a plane?"

"No problem miss - step aside. Now, don't need to do CTRL + E as we're already running. Wait. Yikes!"
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Yo-Yo-

Thanks for the article... she does have touchy brakes.

Hopefully, I will never do that to SP-AMN

C

Members who have read this thread: 0