OOM at startup?

Thread: OOM at startup?

OOM at startup?

Hi folks,

I have a bit of a strange problem:

Directly after starting P3Dv3.4 (ca. 5 sek. after activating the exe) I get the message that my computer has run out of memory...
    I know that the VAS is a common problem but before reaching the main menu???
    Minutes ago I was in the sim without any problem or OOM-message while flying...
    I tried to modify the P3D.cfg to tune down some of my settings but with no result.
    Makes no sense for me. Had this problem never before:-(

Just for info

Hardware:
    - CPU: i7 4790K
    - RAM: DDR3 24GB
    - GA: GTX1070

Software:
    - REX TextureDirect + Softclouds
    - FTX Global + Vector + Europe
    - ActiveSkyNext
    - EZCA2
    - TackPack
    - FSUIPC

Any help is much appreciated!!!

Christoph

Delete P3D.cfg and see what happens.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks for the tip.
    It worked in the first place with all settings on reset.
    But after tweeking again and an unproblematic flight, I get the same ErrorMessage on the next StartUp.
    Don't know why. In the sim everything was fine:-(

Searching the net for the same problem I got no solution or replication.
    Only the normal OOMs after a certain time of flying.

By the way I just made some shots with you realism-settings.
    Looks realy outstanding!!

"But after tweeking again"

what are you changing??

Jorge

Quote Originally Posted by aeronauta View Post
    "But after tweeking again"

what are you changing??

Jorge
    Hi Jorge,

well the changes I have made a pretty much the same like YoYo has done in this thread:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...and-my-profile

Furthermore all the traffic is at 0 right now.

Up to now I realy can't explain this error

Maybe go back , delete the prepar3d.cfg and start changing things one at a time... also setting FXAA to on creates a blurry out of focus image as it averages the AA and is not recommended.
    Jorge

Christoph, uninstall the P3D client ONLY...then reinstall the client only. This fixed my problem. I DON'T TWEAK the p3d.cfg just as a side note.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Thanks Jorge and Rick for your input!!!

@Rick: I had deleted the sim comlpletly before in hopes to solve this problem. But obviously it didn't work as intended. Is there a different when reinstalling only the client?

@Jorge: Well right now I have made only a few tweaks to the standard Prepar3D.cfg preset and I am fine with it.

But in the end it doesn't realy explain the simptom. It shouldn't happen like this.
    Anyway, many thanks for your suggestions,

Chrsitoph

The only thing I could add to what others have suggested, would be to download and use this VAS Monitor located here. I went through those steps already pointed out. After (backup first) deleting the Prepar3D.cfg and letting the sim rebuild it. I could get into the air but after a period of time, usually about 1 hour or so, I would get an OOM. I used the VAS monitor during flight and watched my VAS get eaten up after adjusting the graphics and scenery settings in the sim. So I started backing off the scenery sliders first. Then I lowered the graphics just a bit. I have never had another problem. I used to use PTA, but after having trouble with it I put it on the shelf. Never used reshade. Now that I have this new rig, and can run the sim pretty much full bore I may play with PTA a bit. Hope you get your system up and running the way you want.
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Members who have read this thread: 1