Database Issue and CTD with Installed Aircraft

Thread: Database Issue and CTD with Installed Aircraft

Database Issue and CTD with Installed Aircraft

I have several separate CFS2 Installs and all work fine except for one with some weird issues. When I go to FF and try to load a plane I get the Failed to Initiate Database Error and when I try to load another one or the same one with the error, the plane loads fine and FF works.
    Also, when I try to fly some of other plans in FF, I get a CTD. This only happens with maybe five of the planes in the aircraft drop-down list. All the other planes load fine. The offending planes could load before but now they can't. I deleted the offending planes and re-installed them but these particular aircraft still won't work in FF. I installed some other planes at the same time and they will work in FF. Any ideas or comments about the above would be appreciated. If need be I can elaborate on my problem in more detail.

Steven........

....I have had the same issues in the past and learned after spending a lot of wasted time chasing gremlins to go back and REALLY scrutinize the problem planes. Some of the issues I had were due to trying to do things to quickly.
    First, check the old culprit of Sound issues. Is it aliased to a plane you don't have or a non-existent sound folder? In my case I have my games on a external drive. The planes are all aliased to a central folder and has worked that way for years. Recently due to some house work I had to move my computer and disconnected the drives. Well when I reconnected I inadvertently put the game external into a different port. Guess what NONE of my planes worked! Took awhile for my dumb brain to grab the concept that the drive letter in the alias file was wrong!!! Fixed that and they worked except for a few.
    Second; make sure that the .Cfg reflects ALL the textures in the plane folder. I had some that had textures not properly referenced in the .cfg.

Third; I would check the Quickcom. Make sure the planes are in there properly.

Side note; while correcting the planes I did find some that had nothing in the panel folder. I put a place holder in there and they then showed up.

That is my 3 cents (1 cent indexed for inflation)
    I am sure others more learned than me will be here, so good luck
    Last edited by Fibber; May 6th, 2017 at 11:56.

Database Issue and CTD with Installed aircraft.

Thanks for the reply. I'll check things out and let you know.

Members who have read this thread: 0