From Simulators to Model Making

Thread: From Simulators to Model Making

From Simulators to Model Making

Hello,

Thought I would stop by and let you know what I am up to these days and show off my/our latest creation!

Having given up home flight simulation after the release of the A2A T-6, I am now gainfully employed by Gateguards down at Newquay Airport who build Full Size Aircraft Models for films, TV, Museums and the Military. Having just finished a batch of F-35s for the Royal Navy, our latest product, the Bf109E-4 rolled out of thr hangar doors yesterday. Built using original parts as references, it truly is a replica of the iconic German fighter. People even asked us yesterday when was it going to fly!!

Four years in production, so much work and effort has gone into the build. But what the responses that we are getting on various forums and on social media, it looks like this may not be the only one we make. And instead of 4 years, can be as little as 4 months. Today, we finish the wings off on a Spitfire, carry on with a P-51D build and then start a VR Spitfire cockpit setup for America. Even though I may not have a sim at home, least I can still 'play' at work!!!

Hope you all like the photos!

Best wishes,

Martin

Outstanding and beautiful work Martin! In my spare time I restored a former East German MiG-21MF cockpit for display. Heck of amount of work so I know what you were probably dealing with. I donated the cockpit to the Patuxent River Naval Air Museum here in Patuxent River Naval Air Station, Maryland. I have attached some before and after images for your interest.

John P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3 Original Condition.jpg   1 MiG-21MF Cockpit.jpg   2 Cockpit Interior.jpg  

Martin and John....i dont have words at this moment...other than AWESOME!!

Members who have read this thread: 0