FSW out this month... high time for P3D v4?!

Thread: FSW out this month... high time for P3D v4?!

FSW out this month... high time for P3D v4?!

Dovetail will release their Fight Sim World (FSW) as Early Access this month!

https://youtu.be/nW1RxSdoJzA

Now, I'm unsure how much store put in users such as the likes of us (i.e. non-commercial), but if we do count for something then LM would get their skates on and also release Prepar3D v4 ASAP!

I suspect we are small fry though and count for little in terms of $

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

I am very skeptic in this case. I'm afraid, we just got a new, polished graphic engine and UI - but with still the same FD, ATC, Weather Engine, etc... everything will be the same (>10 years technology...) that we described as 'Soul of Simulator'.

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    LM is going to be showing up to the Flightsim Convention in Connecticut in early June. That is a first time they will be out in the general public. I see some news forthcoming there. Not saying release... but definitely some info.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

FSW is 64 bit ! Definitely not >10 years old technology.

If you go the FSW forums they are not really answering any posts unless they are "atta boy" posts praising their work. AVSIM they have answered a few questions and they are dancing all around the 3rd party developer issue. other than to say payware devs will be able to sell in store but MUST sell through steam in order to also sell in their own store. So, like I said over in the FSX thread, if it were truly a great open 100% 3rd party dev platform open to layman and professional alike, it would be advertised and highlighted as being such...since it's not, and they are already deflecting with "that's not my department" tactics...I'm pulling the RED flags and highlighting the business buzz words for smoke screening and and dog and pony shows on that particular issue. I'm hoping that I'm flat out wrong and that this thing is awesome. But I'm not worried. The guys who actually CREATED FS to begin with (ACES)....they work for LM now. We're in good hands....the best really.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post

[...]

...I'm pulling the RED flags and highlighting the business buzz words for smoke screening and and dog and pony shows on that particular issue. I'm hoping that I'm flat out wrong and that this thing is awesome. But I'm not worried. The guys who actually CREATED FS to begin with (ACES)....they work for LM now. We're in good hands....the best really.
    Well said, this is also my impression. I think that DTG has to be careful not to go down the same road as MS did with Flight. Backward incompatibility is a big obstacle, and paired with a limited, channeled and commercialized addon availability this concept will make the majority of the community keep sticking to FSX.

Cheers,
    Mark
    Last edited by roger-wilco-66; May 6th, 2017 at 15:02.
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    FSW is 64 bit ! Definitely not >10 years old technology.
    Please read again what I wrote. I'm talking about the FD, ATC, Weather engine, etc...that's a very old technology.

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    Well said, this is also my impression. I think that DTG has to be careful not to go down the same road as MS did with Flight1. Backwards incompatibility is a big obstacle, and paired with a limited, channeled and commercialized add-on availability this concept will make the majority of the community keep sticking to FSX. Cheers, Mark
    Just passing through.
    I noted a variety of informed comments along with many less so in the FSX forum.
    One that caught my attention was "LM will have to get their act together with P3D4"......not really.
    DTG are a 'Commercial Gaming Business', with a business model aimed at generating maximum profit from the gaming market, which includes a tight control of the 'add-on' sector.
    LM seem to be (mostly) concerned with the 'RL Simulator Training' aspect and despite the "This is not a Game" caveat are (apparently) not going to bother with restricting we small fish in their very large pond.
    The 900lb Gorilla In The Room for both 64bit sims will be how well they run on the average users PC, not so much for LM but one problem that might (just might) cause DTG grief.
    I can't look at either for a month or more so I will wait and see, usually a sound policy.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 0