Hybrid View

DOVE Tail FSW release May 2017

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Blog Entries
    Looking forward to seeing it- https://flightsimworld.com
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Physical Based Rendering!!! Visually going to be insane!!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Saw it Today but I'll wait for the first opinions. Dovetail Flight School wasn't good product...

Carenado models?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Few screenies:

Disc Space: 40 GB.

Flight Sim World is a flight simulation platform developed by Dovetail Games. Based on benchmark technology, FSW includes the whole world as well as several single and twin propeller aircraft to get you started.

The aircraft in Flight Sim World have been created using the latest modelling and rendering technologies resulting in stunning realism and detail. Every switch and gauge in the cockpits are clickable, while a range of animations really brings the experience to life.

Not only do the core aircraft look amazing, but they also react to their environment realistically. A combination of atmospheric effects and advanced mechanics result in a remarkably unique flight experience.

If creating content is your passion, we have included the Pro Mission Editor, which is a comprehensive tool that allows you to create your own missions.

Free Flight: The whole world is yours to explore in Free Flight mode!
    Multiplayer (Alpha): Fly with your friends on Steam! Please note Multiplayer is still in its Alpha stage, so you may experience bugs.
    Lessons & Missions: Learn the basics with our LAPL and PPL based lessons, and then test your skills with a series of missions.

• Integration of Accu-Feel™ technology
    • Fleet of highly detailed GA aircraft
    • Easy to use flight planner
    • Realistic flight model
    • Integrated Orbx FTX Global textures
    • Lessons and missions to test your skills
    • Pilot profile to keep track of your flight hours
    • Pro Mission Editor

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Joy, joy, joy!!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Saw it Today but I'll wait for the first opinions. Dovetail Flight School wasn't good product...

Carenado models?
    A2A perhaps (integration of Accu-Feel being a clue?) - wasn't there talk of A2A doing a light twin next, a Seneca I think (?)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    physical based rendering!!! Visually going to be insane!!
    yeah baby!!!!!!!!!
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Good! I hope it's been worth the wait and especially hope it's open to we fiddlers and home brewers to add to!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

I hope the pbr techniques will bring new material settings into play. We are in development of a C-7a Caribou here. I build the VC in a PBR workflow with Quixel. If these new materials could be rendered in the sim, this would be absolutly awesome.

My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

The problem with such announcements is that statements are made that do not clarify the worries and questions raised by the community. To wait and see how things turn out on release is tantamount to sticking one's head in the sand. We have the opportunity NOW to voice our concerns with the business model, the developer stance etc and possibly bring by a change in direction to the benefit of all.
    I am fully aware and understanding of the fact that compatibility with fsx addons is not available. FSW may have the fsx codebase, but that does not automatically imply that fsx addons can or even should run in FSW at all. I do believe that the business model here may well stifle development to the extent that FSW might not survive against XP11 and P3D in a new release, especially if the latter is released as 64-bit. I, like many of the previous posters here, will be waiting on reviews from as many independent sources as possible before considering this. I wish DTG well for the final steps and hope that they are willing and able to listen to the concerns of our community, which really does have different needs and expectations from those of the more game-oriented pastimes' communities.

Andrew Entwistle
    Per Ardua ad Astra

I could care less that FSX addons don't port over or ever work at all in the New Sim. I fully realize it's a new sim. good to cut the umbilical early and swiftly to the past tech. and embrace all new. I'm ok with this. The point is that, DTG will not build everything into their core sim...just like FSX...so things like for example AI carriers....gauges, freeware scenery, Tackpack (if they allow it at all) any - solid "can't live without this" little tool or module, is now up in the air if anything like this will be allowed to be made and published as freeware, and even if yes, it must pass through Steam. Very lame. Realize it's their choice. I'm going to wait and see exactly what it is and what the reviews say...I stand down from my epic soap box for now! LOL...
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Didn't quite escape.
    I can reply to this thread as someone who has been to the DTG offices and spoken to the flight team - indeed I would count at least one of the members of that team as a friend. However, I'm not just going to defend them because, like everyone else, I still have unanswered questions and need to wait and see what comes out.

What I can say though is that they have very actively engaged with a large part of the FS world, from developers and add-on designers through to the ongoing communication you can see on forums. They are not operating "in a bubble" but I don't think that even they have all the answers to give yet. When they have, we'll get them. I do think that recent releases have meant that they have needed to step up their game from what they already achieved with Flight School, so it's probable that they are still making changes to the sim. We don't know whether they are and what they will be. yet.

Cheers,

Ian P

DTG's willingness to interact with the community must not be underestimated. They asked about everything that's wrong in FSX and got a tremendous amount of feedback. I'm fairly curious to see how much of that grocery list they've managed to cross off for FSW.

And many of us will be able to try the new sim at no risk/expense. If you bought and activated a copy of Flight School, you will get FSW for free.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...83211945188989

Anybody interested in more official statements about FSW should dig through the posts from the DTG team in the FSW forum on Avsim.
    https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/7...ght-sim-world/

From what I could gather, FSW is a long term project with a limited scope at the beginning to get people interested without producing an unfocused mess. Talk Flight School Plus. The Flight School elements are in to target beginners, the initial focus is on GA because they're easy to produce and easy to fly, there's active cooperation with third party developers to make the platform attractive for users, AccuSim stuff to attract more serious simmers, 64 bit, ORBX textures, weather effects and pixel-based rendering for the VFX harlots and there's an updated nav database for parts of the world.
    Scenery rendering improvements are investigated, while airliners and ATC improvements are long term goals.

All things considered, and assuming that DTG earns enough to keep development going, FSW might become an alternative in a few years. I'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    \

If somebody finally renders the city of Atlanta decently accurately in a sim, that will be all I will fly. FSX and P3D are a joke in this regard and nobody has published the city of Atlanta as a payware or freeware package. Even Xplane 11, which has a better rendition, isnt that great. I know nobody cares, but being able to fly decent VFR around my home area would be great. (and yes I know that KATL has been done a few times by several groups over the years. my interest is the city.)

Members who have read this thread: 0