Thread: DOVE Tail FSW release May 2017

DOVE Tail FSW release May 2017

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Blog Entries
    Looking forward to seeing it- https://flightsimworld.com
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Physical Based Rendering!!! Visually going to be insane!!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Saw it Today but I'll wait for the first opinions. Dovetail Flight School wasn't good product...

Carenado models?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Few screenies:

Disc Space: 40 GB.

Flight Sim World is a flight simulation platform developed by Dovetail Games. Based on benchmark technology, FSW includes the whole world as well as several single and twin propeller aircraft to get you started.

The aircraft in Flight Sim World have been created using the latest modelling and rendering technologies resulting in stunning realism and detail. Every switch and gauge in the cockpits are clickable, while a range of animations really brings the experience to life.

Not only do the core aircraft look amazing, but they also react to their environment realistically. A combination of atmospheric effects and advanced mechanics result in a remarkably unique flight experience.

If creating content is your passion, we have included the Pro Mission Editor, which is a comprehensive tool that allows you to create your own missions.

Free Flight: The whole world is yours to explore in Free Flight mode!
    Multiplayer (Alpha): Fly with your friends on Steam! Please note Multiplayer is still in its Alpha stage, so you may experience bugs.
    Lessons & Missions: Learn the basics with our LAPL and PPL based lessons, and then test your skills with a series of missions.

• Integration of Accu-Feel™ technology
    • Fleet of highly detailed GA aircraft
    • Easy to use flight planner
    • Realistic flight model
    • Integrated Orbx FTX Global textures
    • Lessons and missions to test your skills
    • Pilot profile to keep track of your flight hours
    • Pro Mission Editor

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Joy, joy, joy!!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    physical based rendering!!! Visually going to be insane!!
    yeah baby!!!!!!!!!
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Good! I hope it's been worth the wait and especially hope it's open to we fiddlers and home brewers to add to!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

I hope the pbr techniques will bring new material settings into play. We are in development of a C-7a Caribou here. I build the VC in a PBR workflow with Quixel. If these new materials could be rendered in the sim, this would be absolutly awesome.

My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Saw it Today but I'll wait for the first opinions. Dovetail Flight School wasn't good product...

Carenado models?
    A2A perhaps (integration of Accu-Feel being a clue?) - wasn't there talk of A2A doing a light twin next, a Seneca I think (?)

We already have a forum ready and waiting for the new sim. Presently it is called "DTG Flight School & Flight Simulator" but I have asked Dave to rename it to "DTG Flight Simulator World" as Flight School has been discontinued. Let's hope that FSW will be all we want it to be
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Most probabely the visual element will be awesome, the thing i am worried about though is the blatant missing of three sylables in both the videos and info's : ATC ...

(Much) better ATC and better feeling of flight compared to FSX/P3D that's what i'd be looking for mostly in a new flightsim. We already have great visuals in P3Dv3, haven't we.. ( i do like the rain on the windscreen and vibrating gauge needles )

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    I hope the pbr techniques will bring new material settings into play. We are in development of a C-7a Caribou here. I build the VC in a PBR workflow with Quixel. If these new materials could be rendered in the sim, this would be absolutly awesome.

PBR...beautiful.

Add to this, particle effects, DX12 and VAS becoming VAST. Lots more room for crunching polys, and vertices. I notice right away the model mesh complexity in the video.
    Oh yeah....Mental Ray rendering for those 64 bit modeling tools.

I'll say it again...Yeah Baby!!!!
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

You can hear the rain beating against different materials in the cockpit....nice touch.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

You can hear the rain beating against different materials in the cockpit....nice touch. I want my F-100D in this!!! LOL.....
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

I can almost assuredly say that if third-party content distribution, ESPECIALLY freeware...isn't kept involved per the current status quo, this thing will be DOA , no matter how.good the default stuff looks. The o my reason FS9 and by extension FSX and P3D have any traction is because your favorite developer is unbound by any specified distribution method or model. So far Flight and DTG Flight school have both bit the dust. This thing will too if my favorite add-ons don't have a chance of making it in, or for users to make free add-ons such as scenery etc. Can't imagine much longevity without it.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

In the blurb, it says it will be Dx9. I hope this is wrong!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    In the blurb, it says it will be Dx9. I hope this is wrong!
    Roger what he actually said was they moved from DX9 to DX11. If you join Dovetail Games Live you will get a lot of information and you can join the alpha of FSW soon. FSW will be an early release on Steam and it will contain some bugs but the sim is OUTSTANDING.
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    I can almost assuredly say that if third-party content distribution, ESPECIALLY freeware...isn't kept involved per the current status quo, this thing will be DOA , no matter how.good the default stuff looks. The o my reason FS9 and by extension FSX and P3D have any traction is because your favorite developer is unbound by any specified distribution method or model. So far Flight and DTG Flight school have both bit the dust. This thing will too if my favorite add-ons don't have a chance of making it in, or for users to make free add-ons such as scenery etc. Can't imagine much longevity without it.
    Very true, that was probably the major reason that both MS Flight and DT Flight School failed.

Going forward we will soon have two 64 bit MS-FSX derivatives, DT FSW and P3D-V4, which has better support for third party developers and compatibility with older products will decide which one succeeds or fails. I don't think LM will make it any harder for new products to be developed than current versions, which is just as open as FSX, but how compatible old ones will be is the billion dollar question.

It's difficult to get any precise opinion at the moment, given the very small amount of information given in the video.
    The rendering improvements, such as PBR, are a very good news. However, in these screenshots, what I see immediately is:
    - the autogen draw distance is still ridiculously small
    - the medium distance ground textures are blurry, which means the LOD_RADIUS is just as small as in FSX.

In the video they said they "tried" to get a better load balance between CPU and GPU... It doesn't sound extremely positive, though. I don't know what to expect, performance-wise. Will we still get blurries when flying too fast ? Will we still get micro-stuttes when using complex sceneries ? Will we still get very low FPS as soon as a complex airport appears on the screen ?

Not to mention roads thru building and lakes/rivers in farmer fields. It's there in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    It's difficult to get any precise opinion at the moment, given the very small amount of information given in the video.
    The rendering improvements, such as PBR, are a very good news. However, in these screenshots, what I see immediately is:
    - the autogen draw distance is still ridiculously small
    - the medium distance ground textures are blurry, which means the LOD_RADIUS is just as small as in FSX.
    That's one of the vantages I see in Xplane11, distant visuals are excellent, hope DT can get around this headache.

One item I like to see is self-reflection in the model. War Thunder has had this for two years.

Blog Entries
    A couple of observations.

I noticed the gauge animation was using FSX SDK interface. The tools will be familiar, not a universe of new tech to learn...cold turkey.

For me the most important aspect of this simulation and P3Dv4 is 64bit. It allows video cards room to breathe and perform as they were designed. More importantly, this is the beginning of the development curve. Sure other simulators are great in 64 bit, but they are not looking 100 miles to the horizon either. LOD, autogen and weather rendering are compounded by altitude, so the challenge is to render at a distance.

32 bit has been like an inverted pyramid for a long, long time. Lots and lots stacked atop a limited technology. By expanding out to 64 bit, the sim can be re-built from the ground up to maximize hardware. It's a re-boot that brings a whole lot of opportunity to the table.

Physically Based Rendering.
    This is perhaps the most attractive feature. The drawback...It is a sizable investment for the average Joe to move into PBR development. Exploring these aspects for third and fourth party developers will be limited, unfortunately.
    For those who have the tools, being able to explore 3D Studio or Maya will be bring a dimension to the work that has been on hold for quite some time.

I've been working with PBR for other projects, like the home I am designing. Full interior detail with real world lighting, particle effects, atmospheric conditions and all the trick stuff we don't have in the sim.
    Working with the materials is an entirely different experience than we have had in the past.

Mark posted those pictures of a Quixel piece he is working on. If you haven't been able to paint in 3D, real time in Photoshop, you don't know what you are missing. It is the only logical way to work with texture wear and bump maps. No guesswork, just some additional set up time on the front end.

Personally, I've devoted thousands of hours to learning the PBR work flow. I'm pretty excited to see it just around the corner.

IMO
    Thomas Jefferson

I noticed in the video that Dano (aka Daniel Dunn) is working for DTG now. He was with us at Alphasim/Virtavia for several
    years and did the work on bringing the FS9 products over as native FSX products as well as making a few new titles himself.

Good for him.

Members who have read this thread: 0