Quote Originally Posted by stiz View Post
and then take a further step back and realise

1 - "paid betas" are nothing new, devs have been doing it for over 5-6yrs now
More than that actually. Let's remember how "final" FSX was when it was first released...

2 - No body knows anything about how DTG will handle 3rd party mods. All thats been said has been rumour and forum gossip.
This, precisely.

3 - Steam is not the monster everyone thinks it is, its the industry standard for games now, deal with it, its not going anywhere.
Indeed, it always makes me smile each time I hear people complaining about the fact that a game is on Steam. What's wrong with that ? Is the installation too easy perhaps ? Not enough problems ?
No.
The only problem with Steam is the financial fee they require (30% if I understood correctly), which might impact the price of our software. But again, the vastly superior audience plays a big role here as well, so it's hard to imagine the real impact on the prices here.

Lets just all agree to wait and see and not spread forum gossip shall we??
Good advise. So far, all the info we have is "nothing at all". They just said that FSW is going to exist, and a bit more commercial bull fertilizer around it.
The info given by PMDG is approximatively the only side-information we got until now.