DOVE Tail FSW release May 2017 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: DOVE Tail FSW release May 2017

Quote Originally Posted by stiz View Post
    and then take a further step back and realise

1 - "paid betas" are nothing new, devs have been doing it for over 5-6yrs now
    More than that actually. Let's remember how "final" FSX was when it was first released...

2 - No body knows anything about how DTG will handle 3rd party mods. All thats been said has been rumour and forum gossip.
    This, precisely.

3 - Steam is not the monster everyone thinks it is, its the industry standard for games now, deal with it, its not going anywhere.
    Indeed, it always makes me smile each time I hear people complaining about the fact that a game is on Steam. What's wrong with that ? Is the installation too easy perhaps ? Not enough problems ?
    No.
    The only problem with Steam is the financial fee they require (30% if I understood correctly), which might impact the price of our software. But again, the vastly superior audience plays a big role here as well, so it's hard to imagine the real impact on the prices here.

Lets just all agree to wait and see and not spread forum gossip shall we??
    Good advise. So far, all the info we have is "nothing at all". They just said that FSW is going to exist, and a bit more commercial bull fertilizer around it.
    The info given by PMDG is approximatively the only side-information we got until now.

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    The only problem with Steam is the financial fee they require (30% if I understood correctly), which might impact the price of our software.
    Depends how DTG handles it , for the other shops (flight1/simmarket/fspilotshop etc etc) it shouldn't make any difference as they charge about that to have your product listed anyway.
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Exactly Stiz

I think DTG have gone quiet as they know that one wrong move over this storm in a Tea Cup and it could backfire.
    Better say nothing than put their foot in it.

No idea Why Rob has posted so much as it's sort of started a pointless flame war on Avsim.

Where's the popcorn Smiley ??

Rick

Depends how DTG handles it , for the other shops (flight1/simmarket/fspilotshop etc etc) it shouldn't make any difference as they charge about that to have your product listed anyway.
    Good to see you again stitz!
    And you've learned 'to spell'.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Blog Entries
    Stiz you're all grown up youngin! Glad to hear from ya and you're right! Our negative speculations have almost always been wrong anyway!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Charter Member 2011
    Good to see you again stitz!
    And you've learned 'to spell'.
    i've never really gone away, just kept my fingers away from the keyboard .. and its just the one 't'

Stiz you're all grown up youngin! Glad to hear from ya and you're right! Our negative speculations have almost always been wrong anyway!
    Ted
    i'm not THAT grown up, fingers are just not as quick
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

work´s great in p3dv3
    thank´s,nice to have a favorite back
    cheers Ralf

Members who have read this thread: 0