Air show time

Thread: Air show time

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries

Air show time

Having a air show this weekend and getting excited. Lots of aircraft and the Thunderbirds will be here in Lake Charles,La. I'm ex Navy so i really like the Blue Angels but the Air Force team is cool too. Hope the weather holds out to at least Saturday. Hopeful that there will be a few WW II aircraft there also.

enjoy the show,and be sure to take lots of photos.then post here please....

The Blues and the Thunderbirds have been practicing together here in Pensacola Mon-Wed this week. Makes sense to me now, since your post about the Lake Charles Air Show.

As I was turning into the parking lot a couple days ago, the Blues were in formation right above me NC

Blog Entries
    They are calling for heavy rain Saturday and Sunday. Hope we miss the rain Saturday at least so the show will go on. I know a man who has two P-51's and he said he would show up.Watched the Thunderbirds flying around the old Chennault air base yesterday and got my blood pumping. Can't wait!!! Will take lots of pictures ....

Blog Entries
    While watching the Thunderbirds flying overhead it reminded me about the time in bootcamp watch the jets passing over us while marching. Got 9 kinds of hell for it. The Chief made me "fly" around for two hours making jet sounds. Was so funny looking back but it wasn't at the time.Keep your eyes forward !!!

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    While watching the Thunderbirds flying overhead it reminded me about the time in bootcamp watch the jets passing over us while marching. Got 9 kinds of hell for it. The Chief made me "fly" around for two hours making jet sounds. Was so funny looking back but it wasn't at the time.Keep your eyes forward !!!
    We had the Sand Diego Airport right beside our Confidence Course.
    Yes, I'm a "Hollywood Marine". Anyway, we would be out on the huge grinder, marching, doing rifle drill, and so on. If we looked at the PSA "Grinning Idiots" as my father always called them, we would catch it too. Unfortunately, our Drill Instructors we more old school. Get caught looking, it was push-ups, mountain climbers, and so on.
    And on, and on and...
    One thing it did, I can say, was make us stronger. They were big on "unit punishment", so one guy got caught looking at the planes, we allllll "payed the price". Did make us better at the confidence course, and really better come PFT time. We had some very high scores, after all the fun we had...

Thankfully, we ALL learned not to do that. Eventually

Have fun all!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU