RAZBAM AV-8B Harrier - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RAZBAM AV-8B Harrier

Testing Continues WIP Screenshots

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen_171011_231559.jpg   Screen_171011_231400 (1).jpg   Screen_171011_230912.jpg   Screen_171011_230143.jpg  

Patrick

WIP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a2670ca42b53af064000cd2b471ed48613ef4240.jpg  

Patrick

****PRE-PURCHASE TRAILER****
    <strong>

Patrick

****NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-PURCHASE***** https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...odules/av8bna/

"
    Pre-purchase
    The AV-8B project was born in the early 1970's as an effort to address the operational inadequacies of the AV-8A first generation Harrier, aimed to dramatically improve the capabilities and performance of the early AV-8A's. The AV-8B made its maiden flight in November 1981 and entered service with the United States Marine Corps in January 1985. It later evolved into the AV-8B N/A (Night Attack) and AV-8B Harrier II Plus.
    First flight of a modified AV-8B in the night attack configuration was on June 26th, 1987. Deliveries to the USMC began in September of 1989 to VMA-214 at Yuma, Arizona. Follow-up units based out of Yuma received their Night Attack AV-8Bs by the end of 1992.The AV-8B N/A variant (originally known as the AV-8D) had its first operational development in 1984 and included use of the NAVFLIR (Navigation Forward-Looking Infrared camera, consisting of a GEC-Marconi FLIR system mounted in the nose) for night operations. Additionally, GEC Cat's Eyes night vision goggles were provided to the pilot as well as a revised cockpit with color MFDs, a wider field-of-view HUD display, a color CRT digital moving map, and a complete "heads-down" operation capability. The AV-8B N/A also sports four Tracor ALE-39 countermeasures dispensers along the top of the rear fuselage, in addition to two ALE-39 dispensers along the lower rear of the fuselage. The AV-8B N/A also fields an updated version of the Rolls-Royce Pegasus 11-61 (F402-RR-408) vectored-thrust turbofan engine.
    The subject of this study level simulation is the AV-8B N/A Bu No's 163853 and up which are the latest variant of this very capable AV-8B version.
    Key Features of DCS: AV-8B N/A VTOL by RAZBAM include:
    Advanced Flight Model that provides realistic performance and flight characteristics of a Vertical Takeoff and Landing (VTOL) aircraft
    Highly detailed external 3D model and textures with animations
    Highly detailed and accurate 6 DOF cockpit with high resolution textures, specular and bump mapping, and mouse-interactive controls
    Highly realistic modelling of the aircraft systems including electrical, fuel, hydraulics, lighting, engine and navigation that includes:
    Digital Engine Control System (DECS)
    Automatic Fuel System
    Air Refueling System
    Electrical Power System
    External Lighting
    Internal Lighting
    Hydraulic Power Supply System
    Flight Control System (FCS)
    Head-Up Display (HUD)
    Up-front Control (UFC)
    Option Display Unit (ODU)
    Multipurpose Color Displays (MPCD)
    VREST Computer (for jet-borne flight)
    Air Data Computer (ADC)
    Environmental Control System (ECS)
    On-Board Oxygen Generating System (OBOGS)
    Realistic weapons, sensor, and defensive systems include:
    Air-to-Air and Air-to-Ground GAU-12 Equalizer 25 mm (0.984 in) 5-barreled Rotary cannon pod
    6 under-wing pylon stations holding up to 9,200 lb (4,200 kg) of payload which include:
    AIM-9 Sidewinder or similar-sized infrared-guided missiles
    AGM-65 Maverick Air-to-Surface missiles
    Mark 80 series of unguided bombs (including 3 kg [6.6 lb] and 14 kg [31 lb] practice bombs)
    Paveway series of Laser-Guided Bombs (LGBs)
    Joint Direct Attack Munitions (GBU-38, GBU-32, and GBU-54)
    Mark 20 Cluster Bomb Units (CBUs)
    AN/AAQ-28V LITENING targeting pod
    ALQ-164 ECM Pod
    Several skins
    Detailed Operational Manual and Pocket guide
    Instant Action, Single, and Training Missions
    Detailed representation of the USS Tarawa (LHA-1), lead ship of her class"

Patrick

I am really on the cusp of purchasing this. I so badly want to believe they are capable of completing what they promise but have been burned before by their inability to communicate with their customers their future intentions, ie the TacPack A-7 combination I pre-paid for in advance that was never completed and also the still existing issues with their beautiful M2M Mirage, which I own too. I get that developers owe no one any sort of acknowledgement of their future endeavors, but don't just leave without resolving current issues with your client base.

I hope this one is a winner. It certainly looks great and loved seeing her on the real battlefields, as much as enjoying her is FSX.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    I am really on the cusp of purchasing this. I so badly want to believe they are capable of completing what they promise but have been burned before by their inability to communicate with their customers their future intentions, ie the TacPack A-7 combination I pre-paid for in advance that was never completed and also the still existing issues with their beautiful M2M Mirage, which I own too. I get that developers owe no one any sort of acknowledgement of their future endeavors, but don't just leave without resolving current issues with your client base.

I hope this one is a winner. It certainly looks great and loved seeing her on the real battlefields, as much as enjoying her is FSX.
    Matt, concerning the issues with the Mirage 2000, all will be taken care off, M2M/Razbam is working on the updates. About the TP A-7 time will tell, when or if Razbam will return to P3D.

Hank

Quote Originally Posted by hae5904 View Post
    Matt, concerning the issues with the Mirage 2000, all will be taken care off, M2M/Razbam is working on the updates. About the TP A-7 time will tell, when or if Razbam will return to P3D.

Hank
    Hank,

Thanks for the info. Just felt a bit taken is all. I know they make generally great stuff, but the A-7 deal really rubbed me the wrong way, to add insult to injury, I've even tried reaching out to them and instead, got blocked on FB. Very frustrating from a consumers standpoint and wanting to believe they have my best interest at hand. I will most likely buy their AV-8B, not because they are making it, but because it is an aircraft I have envied up close and personal, as well as the occasional airshow. Just not certain if I will await a sale, which could be a year or so, but the AV-8B will definitely be in my hangar.

Matt

***HARRIER HAS LANDED,AVAILABLE NOW***
    https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...oducts/planes/

Patrick

Blog Entries
    Will the Harrier not run in DCS World v2? It says on the product page that "Requires DCS World version 1.5.8!"Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    Will the Harrier not run in DCS World v2? It says on the product page that "Requires DCS World version 1.5.8!"Ian
    See letter from head of DCS in other thread. Soon to come to v2

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    Yep, estimated time will be next wednesday at the least.
    The Harrier was to be released for 2.1 but ED decided otherwise, eventhough the Harrier was developed for v2..........

Hank

This was just posted by Zeus in RAZBAM Harrier thread.......
    https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196582
    "On the FPS drop that some people are experiencing.
    With ED's help we found out that all MPCD and HUD video is being rendered at all times, even if they are not visible.
    This means that you have the following video outputs on all MPCDs:
    - NAVFLIR
    - DMT
    - TPOD (if mounted)
    - MAVs (if mounted)
    - HUD NAVFLIR

So at anyone time you may have between 5 to 9 video screens active, but invisible.

We are fixing that and hopefully the FPS problem will be solved.

NOTE:
    Problem fixed and will be applied on next release."

***Hotfix Available....Just run DCS World 1.5.8 updater.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails splash.jpg  

Patrick

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    Thanks, that's good to know (I have to admit I never read the letter, it was too long, and I haven't got enough life left to spend it reading that).

Ian

Feedback from anyone that's bought her yet?

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Feedback from anyone that's bought her yet?
    I would like to know as well.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

***Harrier Available for DCS World 2.2***
    https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=146968&page=4

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    I would like to know as well.
    It's incredibly F U N!!!! Especially if you're used to flying Helo's and "Pulling for Power"

Patrick

You might have finally sucked me in. Strangely enough it was the Harrier driving off the right side of the runway that did it.
    Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.
    (Clarke and Clark)

Quote Originally Posted by CP1207 View Post
    You might have finally sucked me in. Strangely enough it was the Harrier driving off the right side of the runway that did it.
    Haha!!! Welcome to the Mayhem

Patrick

Members who have read this thread: 2