Flight1 Skycatcher now free - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flight1 Skycatcher now free

Quote Originally Posted by MustangL2W View Post
    RealAir will be forever missed for what they did. The Duke and Turbine Duke are just such great FSX Airplanes, but I'm sure everyone here already knows that!! I still fly the Dukes a lot
    As of now I am in the middle of a RTW in the normally aspirated Duke.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

If you can't see airports in P3D v3 see this thread:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/c..._free/dgrufcg/
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

THE GARMIN YES ME ALSO ..HELD BACK TO GET REVIEWS I SEE NOW ITS NOT JUST ME GARMEN PROBLEM..FURTHER ITS A FRAME KILLER BEFORE I SWITCH ON?? MY FRs ARE OVER 80 GARMIN SWITCH ON?? SINGLE NUMBERS! DID D/L Twice one The auto D/lL Then From My DESK TOP..MANUEL.SAME.SAME RESULTS..... FRAME ...BELOW 8..THE GARMIN? NONOPERATIVE..WITH OUT THE GARMIN ON?? FLYS NICE GARMIN ON...NO WAY....BEGS THE QUESTION??? WHATS WRONG///CAN IT BE FIXED?? THNX!

A most generous gift from Flight One ! Mike

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    F1_G300.gau file is the only file you need and you have it in your Gauges folder. The PFD and MFD are contained within it.
    OK, so I have the gauges installed correctly.

Now, how do I turn on the Garmin PFD/MFD?

how do you open the key file or with what program. Can Word do it or wordpad?

Quote Originally Posted by dmaloof View Post
    how do you open the key file or with what program. Can Word do it or wordpad?
    Select reinstall method in Flight1 wrapper, select the key file and give 1212 password and it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    If you can't see airports in P3D v3 see this thread:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/c..._free/dgrufcg/
    Fantastic, thanks! All works now in P3D v3.4! Including the airports database on the MFD.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

How do I turn on the Garmin?

Quote Originally Posted by napacon View Post
    THE GARMIN YES ME ALSO ... I SEE NOW ITS NOT JUST ME GARMEN PROBLEM...GARMIN SWITCH ON?? ...THE GARMIN? NONOPERATIVE...WITH OUT THE GARMIN ON?? FLYS NICE GARMIN ON...NO WAY...WHATS WRONG///CAN IT BE FIXED??
    @napacon:
    I hope you found a solution to that problem.

May I ask, how do you turn the Garmin on and off?

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    The GARMIN works off the battery switch. Turn the battery on GARMIN comes on ..... turn battery off GARMIN off. Only works with Cold and Dark setup.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I installed it to P3D and got these error messages, did anyone else get these - is this a bug or what is the fix?

As far as I can tell the file F1dataimport.exe could not be found. Once I click the ok's then P3d will load the cessna I selected.
    Can anyone that has this free cessna find under the gauges folder a file called F1DataImport.exe, I see no such file and P3d is looking for it. I installed it to a dummy folder and went looking for
    it and it's not there.

I see that other P3D users here have managed to get this running with no issues.

This forum discusses same issue about the F1DataImport.exe file issue
    http://www.simforums.com/forums/data...opic48690.html

Can anyone that has this free cessna find under the gauges folder a file called F1DataImport.exe, I see no such file and P3d is looking for it. I installed it to a dummy folder and went looking for
    it and it's not there.

I see that other P3D users here have managed to get this running with no issues.

If you follow the guide in the link in #27, that should do the trick. I did and it's all working now in P3D v3.4.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    If you follow the guide in the link in #27, that should do the trick. I did and it's all working now in P3D v3.4.

I did a reinstall and found that file, it's all working now just fine. Thanks.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    it and it's not there.

From those screenshots mate your problem lies in the path you show there. On your P:\ drive when you are doing the install delete the Program Files(x86) from the path and try the installation and see if that works.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post

On your P:\ drive when you are doing the install delete the Program Files(x86) from the path and try the installation and see if that works.

From what I understand :https://www.howtogeek.com/129178/why...es-x86-folder/
    Can't do that mate look at the path were P3D is installed, P3d currently is a 32 bit program therefore it uses the (X86) folder just like FSX does or any 32 bit program for that matter.
    P:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 <<<<< The file structure includes (X86) where all P3d addons go including airplanes.

At any rate, the installer asks for the Flight Sim to put it on i.e FSX/P3d and installs to the flight sim you tell it to.

Bottom line, I reinstalled it and it's all ducky now.

I installed it to P3D and got these error messages, did anyone else get these - is this a bug or what is the fix?

As far as I can tell the file F1dataimport.exe could not be found. Once I click the ok's then P3d will load the cessna I selected.
    Got the same message with the FSX version. I downloaded the c162 again today and reinstalled it with no problems or error messages at all.

Thanks Flight1 and MilViz for your latest free offerings!
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

Flight 1 Skycatcher.

20 years ago I stopped buying products from Flight 1 because of their inane downloading hoop jumping. Trying to down load their Skycatcher brings back all of those memories. The downloader will not accept the 1212 file number.

sbp
    CAN YOU HEAR ME, NOW?

I have a fairly modest computer, how is this plane on frame rate?

Quote Originally Posted by nomad13 View Post
    To
    be honest, I have a fairly modest 5 year old computer running P3d and when I brought in the 162 I did not see any significant impact on frame rates compared to other payware aircraft.

I have a super low end computer (2GHZ, Intel Graphics, 8 gigabytes RAM) and did not notice a performance hit at 25 fps locked.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

http://gac16.blogspot.com/

Check out my sceneries here on SOH

There's only one way to find out for certain!
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

How do I turn on the Garmin?

Quote Originally Posted by jschall View Post
    May I ask, how do you turn the Garmin on and off?
    I got my answer over on the SimForum:

"The 162 is not compatible with the FSX Steam Edition. No plans at this time to make it FSX SE compatible. I would suggest looking into getting the FSX boxed version or submit for a refund."

Odd thing is, I'm running FSXSE right now and this F1 Cessna and it's all going very smoothly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gift horse.jpg  
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Great product which i have simply never noticed. However this is the only aircraft where my FSX refuses to shut down and requires to be closed with the task manager. Any idea what might cause this ?? Best regards, Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by ryapad View Post
    I have a super low end computer (2GHZ, Intel Graphics, 8 gigabytes RAM) and did not notice a performance hit at 25 fps locked.
    Thanks for the info.

Members who have read this thread: 0