Aero Commander AC50A(HC)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aero Commander AC50A(HC)

Aero Commander AC560A(HC)

The FSX conversion has gone well on this unit and will spend today testing and tweaking as required.

Decided to keep the interior original more like the production unit and to remain compatible with all the original liveries that have been produced for this aircraft.

I should have it out by the weekend.

The AC560A(HC) was a nice upgrade from the AC520, more powerful, faster, geared prop, and high compression engine.
    One of the liveries included is from Jim Metzer's aircraft who was on the development team as a resource. I have pictures of his aircraft, a shining example of a basic 560A.

I am gonna ask Bendyflyer to check this one over since he had time in the Aero Commander series in the RW.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2017-apr-25-002.jpg   ms-2017-apr-25-003.jpg   ms-2017-apr-25-004.jpg   ms-2017-apr-25-005.jpg   ms-2017-apr-25-009.jpg   overhead.jpg  

panel right front.jpg   Model 560A Panel 2.jpg  
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; April 25th, 2017 at 10:26.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Hey Milton, this might be a dumb question, but what are the advantages of converting an FS9 model to FSX native? I always here about how some FSX aircraft are native, but I don't really know what that means.

Thanks
    Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

http://gac16.blogspot.com/

Check out my sceneries here on SOH

Quote Originally Posted by ryapad View Post
    Hey Milton, this might be a dumb question, but what are the advantages of converting an FS9 model to FSX native? I always here about how some FSX aircraft are native, but I don't really know what that means.

Thanks
    The biggest exterior visual advantage is the FSX material capabilities for rendering textures of any kind in almost countless different ways. Glass, paint, and prop mesh do not have the visual issues of course that an FS9 port over will experience. FSX materials have a multitude of capabilities even beyond bump and specular maps.

I have taken advantage of but a few as I am not involving painters in the transitioning but I am making bump and spec magic available for anyone to take advantage of in this series.

Of course there are other capabilities available that can be incorporated for high quality modeling, lighting effects, special flight modeling features, sound development, and effects.

So, these conversions only make the aircraft more compliant with FSX and P3D to eliminate rendering issues.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks Milton, looking good I have spend my time with 520 few days now flying around the Florida.

Milton, I have also been flying around your new 520. I found another native FSX version of your 520 (folder dated 2015) in my hangar (not sure did that conversion on that) but your latest and greatest is a jewel. Thanks so much. One small request for any further work: if you can, make the nav lights pin point small so you almost can't see them at all by day. This it what Hiroshi did with the POSKY/TDS Boeing models and they actually look realistic by day but especially by night, rather than the default "fireballs." Now, back to flying the best freeware hand flyer around . .
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Excuse my FsX bias, Milton but these native models are great to see, coming from the master, original designer
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Milton, I have also been flying around your new 520. I found another native FSX version of your 520 (folder dated 2015) in my hangar (not sure did that conversion on that) but your latest and greatest is a jewel. Thanks so much. One small request for any further work: if you can, make the nav lights pin point small so you almost can't see them at all by day. This it what Hiroshi did with the POSKY/TDS Boeing models and they actually look realistic by day but especially by night, rather than the default "fireballs." Now, back to flying the best freeware hand flyer around . .
    Hi Expat, the other AC520 conversion was done by euroastar350. TheFS9 version had a separate VC model that was at least partially overlooked and left the VC with some visual issues. As far as I know, he never got around to correcting that as he has been so busy with his projects.

The FSX native models use the default nav light effects so I assume they copied and altered those effects to make them smaller, or simply scrapped the the modeled lights but not sure how that would be different as the model calls the same effects that the cfg effects use. Have not done any testing of the comparison to see if the modeled anomalies exist with FSX cfg effects.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Excuse my FsX bias, Milton but these native models are great to see, coming from the master, original designer
    Thank you Roger. There is nothing wrong with an FSX, P3D, or FS9 bias; whatever works best for one's hardware and past investment I reckon. :-)

The conversions are definitely busy work of a different kind since everything exists. It's like heads-down data entry, ranks of tedium and yet overwhelming lists of things to change and check. They are good "filler" projects and I have many to do. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Just a heads-up: I have completed the AC560A(HC) FSX Native conversion and it is now available for download.

Thanks to BendyFlyer for his testing and insight.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...HC)-FSX-Native
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thank you Milton! Looking forward to taking her up!

Thank you very much Milton

A very nice release and pretty well the genuine article. Well done Milton.

A small request if any one is up for it is to paint the 560 in the US Air Force Colours as per President Eisehowers personal transport (Air Force One). I know it was later changed for the 680 model but the initial Aero Commander used was the 560.

Heres a good picture:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aero Commander L-26.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020
    Thank you Milton, and others who have helped.

These Aero Commanders have always been favorites and must haves.

Pete.

I have just uploaded a minor correction to the package and noted it in the description.

If you have already downloaded it, you can simply install the attached model folder.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

The fix was for one prop blade animation that did not feather on the port engine.

See attached for the fix. Unzip and copy the new model folder to your ac560fsx folder replacing the existing.

The original archive was updated just prior to this post time.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Looks great Milton - can't wait to download when I'm back at home.

In all of these Commanders, is the NASA 801 70s era painted 500 model available? I really liked it FS9, and hope to enjoy it in FSX.

Either way, huge thanks!

DL

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Looks great Milton - can't wait to download when I'm back at home.

In all of these Commanders, is the NASA 801 70s era painted 500 model available? I really liked it FS9, and hope to enjoy it in FSX.

Either way, huge thanks!

DL
    DL, thank you, actually, I am working on that very aircraft for FSX native.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Great - thanks!

DL

Milton,
    Thank you very much for all you have done for the hobby. I have been flying your commanders ever since you released the first one. At the age of 73, I still remember reading the adds for the commanders back in the mid 50's. Although I have been lucky to have friends with small airplanes, I never got to ride in a commander. You have brought them to life for me.

I have one question about the AC560A you just posted. When looking to the rear from the front seats the headliner seems to be hanging down as if it has come loose from the ceiling.
    Is this just my copy, or something that needs to be looked at?
    Thanks again,
    Chuck68

Milton - thanks a lot for this version of the Aero Commander.

I was curious I am sure at some point I saw a screenshot of an FSX installation which showed a variety of your AeroCommanders in the select aircraft list and I may be wrong but I thought one was in US Air Force colours ala Air Force One as used by Eisenhower. Any ideas who might have done one? I have not found one on the www there are some others that may port across once I adjust the 2004 textures to work in FSX. Otherwise I guess I will have to have a go at repainting this myself, bugger, my one least favourite sim activity.

Really enjoying this new model. Darkened the glass a bit. Thanks so much!

image free hostingcertificity.com
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

If you want to make door sounds work in both Aero Commanders, go and open Aero sound folder sound.cfg and find these door text lines, remove all other text from door sound lines, and leave these lines into door sound lines:

[EXIT_OPEN]
    filename=door_small_open

[EXIT_CLOSE]
    filename=door_small_close

And i found issue, the luggage door not work, only i can hear the opening and closing sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck68 View Post
    Milton,
    Thank you very much for all you have done for the hobby. I have been flying your commanders ever since you released the first one. At the age of 73, I still remember reading the adds for the commanders back in the mid 50's. Although I have been lucky to have friends with small airplanes, I never got to ride in a commander. You have brought them to life for me.

I have one question about the AC560A you just posted. When looking to the rear from the front seats the headliner seems to be hanging down as if it has come loose from the ceiling.
    Is this just my copy, or something that needs to be looked at?
    Thanks again,
    Chuck68
    Chuck, that drop covers the wing spars. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Milton - thanks a lot for this version of the Aero Commander.

I was curious I am sure at some point I saw a screenshot of an FSX installation which showed a variety of your AeroCommanders in the select aircraft list and I may be wrong but I thought one was in US Air Force colours ala Air Force One as used by Eisenhower. Any ideas who might have done one? I have not found one on the www there are some others that may port across once I adjust the 2004 textures to work in FSX. Otherwise I guess I will have to have a go at repainting this myself, bugger, my one least favourite sim activity.
    The Air Force One (Eisenhower's aircraft) we did was the AC680S. It is next in line for conversion.

All the original paint schemes (for the original FS2002/2004 releases) will work on these conversions. There are over 100 of them on various sites. Com-Central has a large collection on their site but Simviation, Flightsim, and Avsim have many.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by ToniJH View Post
    If you want to make door sounds work in both Aero Commanders, go and open Aero sound folder sound.cfg and find these door text lines, remove all other text from door sound lines, and leave these lines into door sound lines:

[EXIT_OPEN]
    filename=door_small_open

[EXIT_CLOSE]
    filename=door_small_close

And i found issue, the luggage door not work, only i can hear the opening and closing sounds.
    I removed the animation and deleted the luggage compartment from the 520 and 560. Something about the luggage area was causing gmax to crash and I could not find the source of the issue. However, in the current AC500 version, the luggage door and compartment is back working fine.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Really enjoying this new model. Darkened the glass a bit. Thanks so much!

image free hostingcertificity.com
    That looks great expat; maybe others would enjoy your change should you wish to share it. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 0