ATC

Thread: ATC

ATC

Hey guys, P3Dv3 rookie here. The difficult thing seems to be to change my behaviour of going straight into the FSX forum instead of coming here... Odd feeling...

The fact that ATC doesn't pronounce my call sign anymore ( and * i * don't either... ) is that normal in P3Dv3 ? If negative is there something i can do about it ? ( i have just got UT2 working in v3, not like that has anything to do with it ?.... )

Thanks !

Cheers,
    Jan

Good idea, Kiki, thanks ! Had in FSX, yes, but got lost somehow.Liked it a lot though.

Thing is that it's the first time my callsign isn't used by ATC. Never had that problem in FSX or before.

Anyway if EditVoice doesn't solve it i like to have it back anyway so thanks much for the tip !

Nah, doesn't change anything, Kiki. Still no callsign for me... ( all other traffic *does* get their callsigns pronounced, just not me.. ) Isn't this a common problem with P3Dv3 ATC then ?.... Am i the only one without an ATC callsign here ??.... Not a biggie, the sim looks quite amazing ! But if there might be a solution for it i'd love to hear it.

Thanks again!

Blog Entries
    Which aircraft is it? Is it a normal call sign or one that is unique? I haven't had any problems with ATC not saying call signs on the aircraft I normally fly.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

This problem is not P3D -related. What is the callsign you can't hear? Next you might want to check .cfg of the aircraft you are using. It is just like it was in FSX. I assume you have installed and used editvoice correctly.

Afraid i have to use this one: ....

The thought of it being the aircraft i was using never crossed my mind... It happend to be one of the default Carenado A36 Bonanza's. Tried other aircraft now and all's fine re ATC, callsigns and all.

So it seems to be just this one Bonanza that probabely has some missing stuff in its aircraft.cfg. Just my luck picking that one for my first testflights...

In any case, i have EditVoicePack back thanks to you !

Thanks very much for your help gents !

cheers,
    jan

I am happy if I was of any help. Great to hear you have solved the mystery.

Nice MG, btw!

Quote Originally Posted by kiki View Post
    Nice MG, btw!
    Isn't it !?

Not mine, this one. Mine was black and i was the proud owner of it in a good part of the 70's. Hope to get a second chance sooner or later. In my car book there simply is no prettier two seater sportscar than the MG-TD. My heart skips a beat whenever i see one for real. It's a good thing this only happens once or twice a year. ;-)

Love EditVoicePack, thanks again, Kiki!

Members who have read this thread: 0