AI Carrier r2 Question

Thread: AI Carrier r2 Question

AI Carrier r2 Question

Just purchased P3D v3. Installed AI Carriers r2 Java. The error message reads: error inserting object. Create object failed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

AI Carrier r2 Question

Problem solved. Moved ai carrier folder into P3D v3 folder and made correction in dll.xml to read: <Path>D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\P3D v3\AICarriers\AICarriers.exe</Path>

May I strongly recommend replacing the Java version with the .NET version of AICarriers. Identical functionality, but it seems to be more reliable, and uses much less in the way of computer resources while running. It uses all the same files, folder structure, and so on.
    IMO, it's a vast improvement, but that's just my opinion.
    There is a thread dedicated to it on the FSDT forums. I can link it if you like.

The situation you encountered is a known issue with P3D, v3 and up. Sorry I didn't get here in time to help...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

AI Carrier r2 Question

At age 70, I would appreciate *any* help. Please send link. I am not good at xml language, period. Keep getting this message also.
    Error ID 3 System cannot find path. File ./Mission/Military/CarrierPractice/Sound/CarrierPractice_21, 22, 23, 24.wav
    Have to click OK 9 times to get rid of it. Then the flight will continue. Will this dotnet make it stop asking for this Mission thing? Any idea how to get rid of it? Thanks

Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

I may have found a solution to your missing .wav files, Sam. I think (seldom). Maybe.
    I suggest you give it a try, any way. Look here. http://www.glowingheat.co.uk/forum/v...php?t=146#p647
    I know you're working with P3D, not FSX:SE, but something similar might work. I am sure there is a "Repair" function for P3D, similarly to that of FSX Boxed Edition. You might give that a try.
    Failing that, if you still have a copy of FSX available, you might copy-n-paste the appropriate .wav files from that to P3D. The paths should be similar. Just ignore all the \Steam folders. Look in your P3D installation instead. Like C:\Games\P3D\Sounds, or ...\Missions, and so on.

Hope this helps some. If not, I'll see what else we can try
    Pat☺

EDIT: I forgot to mention, many thanks Doc Johnson for posting the link for me. I appreciate the help. AND, A big thanks for the time you took to serve. I sure appreciate it!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

AI Carrier r2 Question

It worked. I copied D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Missions from FSX and pasted to P3D in the root directory. Guess that is the right name?? No errors. Many thanks to all for the help.

Glad it's working

Glad I was a little help for you. If you have any more questions, I can't promise I'll be able to answer, but I may be able to find an answer. It's what I'm good at

Enjoy it!

By the by, To make an even more realistic experience, in addition to AICarriers, throw in vLSO. It's a great little add-on program that simulates, you guessed it, LSO's on the boat. They seem pretty realistic to me, too. They give me crappy reviews every time. I think Paddles, the author, wrote in some special "Hate Pat" coding
    It has a thread on the FSDT forums too, which you can find here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ind...ic,4915.0.html . The download for it can be found here: http://vlso.blogspot.com/ . Look over on the right side, under the DOWNLOADS heading. OR, you can click on the logo in Paddles' signature, which will take you to the blog also. Be aware, Paddles has been making a lot of upgrades/changes lately, so you might want to check the forum thread every so often.

Finally, for the best, in addition to all the above, once you get your boat positioned where you want it, and moving forward, go to your Weather settings, and make the wind come down the deck at about 10 kts. It makes a difference.

I hope you're using the FSDT F/A-18C v16.1. It's one of the greatest Hornets ever there was. You can download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3S...ew?usp=sharing . It has an autoinstaller. Using it, you can install different loadouts, like Clean (no armament or pylons), Training (centerline tank, pylons, no armament), A-A (centerline tank, Sidewinder and Sparrow missiles), etc etc. I personally prefer the Training version, since, with the centerline tank, I can go practice ACM, then start making CQ runs without refueling.
    It will also install the required C++ Redistributable required for the FCS to function. Be aware that during the install, it may SEEM to have frozen, or locked up. It's NOT frozen or locked up. Just leave it run. It will finish in it's own good time.

Anyhow, whatever you use, enjoy it. That's the point, after all!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Members who have read this thread: 1