Joystick Driver Problem? Help needed and welcome

Thread: Joystick Driver Problem? Help needed and welcome

SOH-CM-2023

Joystick Driver Problem? Help needed and welcome

Joystick Driver problem? Opinion needed and welcome.

Problem: A Logitech Extreem 3D pro Joystick works for all functions except the SLIDER on an ASUS PC running Windows 10 Creator update. The USB connector was tried on at least two of the PCs USB ports.

The same Joystick works for ALL functions on an HP PC running Windows Creator update.

A Logitech Wingman works for all functions on the ASUS PC.

When a calibration of the Extreem 3D Pro is run via the Control Panel in test mode the SLIDER bar appears full until the SLIDER control is barely moved at which time the bar disappears.

The driver for both the Extreem 3D pro and the Wingman is an HID compliant game controller ver 10.0.15063.0 provided by Micosoft. A message describing this driver reads: No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device. This same message appears for both the ASUS and HP PCs. I don't understand.

Question. Does this seem to be a driver problem? Who should be contacted?

Thanks for any help.

Jim

I have had 2 Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joysticks and have used them on 4 different PC's over the past 13 years. I installed each one the same way:
    Unpack and set the joystick on the desktop.
    Plug the USB plug end into one of my USB Ports
    Open the Sim and run the calibration

Oh, and the disk that contains the drivers. . .I use that as a coaster for my coffee cup. Never had any problems with any of the configurations regardless of the computer they were used on.
    I have no idea what a "Windows 10 Creator Update" is (is that a specialized Win10 version?).
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Oh, and the disk that contains the drivers. . .I use that as a coaster for my coffee cup. Never had any problems with any of the configurations regardless of the computer they were used on.
    I have no idea what a "Windows 10 Creator Update" is (is that a specialized Win10 version?).
    The few times I've tried other sticks like the Logitech or Saitek, the drivers that came with them were more troublesome compared to just plugging it in and calibrating.

I've been getting messages from MS about Creator Update. Supposed to be Paint 3d and some other stuff. It sounds interesting, but since it's MS, I'm wondering what the catch is. If it doesn't do layers, I'm not interested.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    . . . . .I've been getting messages from MS about Creator Update. Supposed to be Paint 3d and some other stuff. It sounds interesting, but since it's MS, I'm wondering what the catch is. If it doesn't do layers, I'm not interested.
    I looked into it slightly and I'm not into 3D graphics deeply enough to bother with it. Like you, I'm always somewhat suspicious of anything MS releases (. . ."what little nanobots are being released into my system this time?) lol.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

SOH-CM-2023
    Thanks for the responses.

I did not get drivers to load on a disk, so just used what was provided via Windows 10. The Creators update is MS latest for Win 10. The driver provided by MS is dated 6/21/2006, made by Standard System devices and provided by MS and apparently has been used a while successfully.

I'm inclined to believe this HID compliant game controller has gotten damaged and I need to know how to replace it. So perhaps MS can be of help.

Members who have read this thread: 0