If They Re-Mastered The Original 'Battlestar Galactica'

Thread: If They Re-Mastered The Original 'Battlestar Galactica'

If They Re-Mastered The Original 'Battlestar Galactica'

Much like Star Trek (TOS), the effects in the re-mastered demo are far better than what was used in the original series. And yes, I am fine with Star Trek being remastered. The effects are so much better, but do not detract from the story, and now you can see the real colors of the uniforms.

Oh, and MeTV has announced that Battlestar Galactica will soon be shown on Saturday nights as part of their Saturday Night Sci-fi lineup.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Off topic, but why is it that in all of these films and TV shows, the "evil" side always has way cooler looking equipment, lol. Also, in the darkness of space, those helmet lights must really mess up night vision....
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by aeronca1 View Post
    Off topic, but why is it that in all of these films and TV shows, the "evil" side always has way cooler looking equipment, lol. Also, in the darkness of space, those helmet lights must really mess up night vision....
    I wondered about that too, but it does allow you to clearly see the actor's face in an otherwise dark environment.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Am I alone? I have never ever seen an episode of Battlestar Galactica.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    And I've never seen "E.T."...

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    And I've never seen "E.T."...
    I have seen many ET's, right in Las Vegas and on the way to Area51 lol.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Nice little video.

My kids watched the new Battlestar Galactica on a long road trip a couple weeks ago.
    My Son watched this video with me and I actually remembered enough about the plot of this particular episode to explain it to him

My Son's questions were:
    Why don't the pilots have visors on their helmets?
    ....and why are there lights around the pilots' faces?

I wondered why these folks don't wear gloves when "flying".

- Ivan.

and now you can see the real colors of the uniforms.
    The real colors? Heck, I know Gold is Command, Blue is Science, and Red is Expendables
    All except Mr. Scott. He's the only red-shirt to survive more than 3/4 of an episode, which shows ya how tough a Scotsman is

I watched Star Trek when it first came out. I was a Trekker from the git-go. I couldn't get into Cattlecar Galaxica the same, though. Just too hokey, for me, especially the story line. Just me, though. I started watching that when it first hit TV too, but it just couldn't compete, in my mind.

But heck, whatever you enjoy, good on you.

Have a good time all!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    The real colors? Heck, I know Gold is Command, Blue is Science, and Red is Expendables
    All except Mr. Scott. He's the only red-shirt to survive more than 3/4 of an episode, which shows ya how tough a Scotsman is

I watched Star Trek when it first came out. I was a Trekker from the git-go. I couldn't get into Cattlecar Galaxica the same, though. Just too hokey, for me, especially the story line. Just me, though. I started watching that when it first hit TV too, but it just couldn't compete, in my mind.

But heck, whatever you enjoy, good on you.

Have a good time all!
    Pat☺
    Command uniforms were actually green, but the studio lighting and film processing made them look gold. Also, the trousers were not black, but were dark grey, again, it was the lighting and film processing that turned them black.

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Command uniforms were actually green, but the studio lighting and film processing made them look gold.
    ->https://www.anovos.com/collections/s...on-2-pre-order
    https://www.anovos.com/collections/s...on-1-pre-order
    Actually as I understand it, Kirk's were the only green ones - the others were mustard...I could be mistaken though..

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    I watched and thoroughly enjoyed the first two seasons of the original Battlestar Galactica, but watched with increasing annoyance as the plot became sillier and sillier...

I never could warm up to the remake of Battlestar Glactica. It was just too dark and depressing, IMHO.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by aeronca1 View Post
    "It's in the script, so it must work!"
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    I never could warm up to the remake of Battlestar Glactica. It was just too dark and depressing, IMHO.
    IMHO,
    This was the best thing about the re-imaged series....People were real...had flaws and issues...

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    IMHO,
    This was the best thing about the re-imaged series....People were real...had flaws and issues...
    I'll grant you that point, however I watched as a form of escapism, so the original series being lighter and more 'campy' appealed to my inner-self's need for comfort.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Are you people speaking Nerd without ME!!!??? Anyway, I liked the old and the new BSG. I didn't have a problem with the series being updated. My great disappointment with the reboot series was that we didn't get to see a new Count Iblis. The original BSG fans will know what I'm talking about. And...while we're on the subject. I know there's an OS Viper, but has anyone modelled the Mark VII for FSX? For that matter, has anyone modelled the Buck Rogers Starfighter?

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Members who have read this thread: 0