PC Pilot nice deal

Thread: PC Pilot nice deal

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

PC Pilot nice deal

You can digitally subscribe to PC Pilot for $12.99 for 6 months. I use the PC Pilot app from the App Store.

the magazine has a fresh new look. Worth the money.

Be sure to look through their back issues - PC Pilot has carried some excellent tutorials over the past few years, covering aircraft such as the PMDG MD-11 and NGX, and more recently the DCS Mig-21. In fact, I think some of them are now available as stand-alone publications.

I've been getting the paper version for the last few years, and with the latest issue, they've stopped doing cover discs. No great loss - most of the content was widely available free on the web anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    they've stopped doing cover discs.
    Strange!!!! PC PILOT still continues freebie cover CDs in American newsstands.

Regards,

Aharon

I assume PC Pilot is the same magazine on both sides of the pond. The latest issue, #109, for May and June, comes without a cover disc, and the editor Derek Davis gives the reasons inside. All the content you would have normally received on the disc will now be available for download at their website.

Yes it is, my Safeway used to carry it (the manager of the store was English and must have been a closet simmer) when Sobeys took over and he went then that particular periodical seems to have gone with him.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Oh it's just not the same reading it on line. Cannot read it at all in Trap one now.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Oh it's just not the same reading it on line.
    +1

I look forward to each one arriving in the mailbox, so I can "FEEL" the pages in my fingers.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

I get most of my magazines on the ipad, ( e.g. Ships Monthly, Aeroplane, Flypast etc ) but I've stuck with the paper version of PC Pilot for some reason. Of course, the E-version means you can download back issues instantly, which is good if there's a tutorial series for an aircraft you have just bought. But I agree - it's nice to have that physical paper version in your hands.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    I get most of my magazines on the ipad, ( e.g. Ships Monthly, Aeroplane, Flypast etc ) but I've stuck with the paper version of PC Pilot for some reason. Of course, the E-version means you can download back issues instantly, which is good if there's a tutorial series for an aircraft you have just bought. But I agree - it's nice to have that physical paper version in your hands.
    Physical paper in your hand equals less physical paper in your wallet. I found that English flying mags of all sorts 200% better than American ones. Chock full of in depth stories and meaty news items but expensive to purchase in US newstands.

anyway, still a great deal for the money

Bob, typically, if you pay £4.99 over here for a magazine in a shop, it is around £3.99 by download. I do recommend Aeroplane ( or Aeroplane Monthly, to give it it's old title, which I still use ). I believe it's the longest-running aviation periodical in the world, first published in 1911, and now covers the vintage aircraft and restoration scene. Every month it features an extensive profile of a chosen aircraft from history. The Stratocruiser profile was excellent.

Members who have read this thread: 0