Dcs f/a-18c - Page 7
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Dcs f/a-18c

***Official Hornet Release Update***
    "
    DCS: F/A-18C Hornet and Persian Gulf Map for DCS World Update
    As we rapidly approach the release of the Hornet and Persian Gulf map this month, we are now pleased to announce the exact release dates. We will first release the Persian Gulf Map for DCS World on 23 May 2018 and then DCS: F/A-18C Hornet on 30 May 2018! We will release both this month as promised.

In order to meet your expectations for the Hornet early access release, we decided to move the Hornet release to shortly after the Persian Gulf Map release. Items we still need to complete are:
    • Completed radar-directed AA Gun, AIM-9, and AIM-7 symbology
    • AUTO bombing mode
    • Radar contacts on the Electronic Warfare (EW) Page
    • The Moving Map

We believe these are all vital for a great early access release.
    Please also note that the Pre-Purchase discounts for the Hornet and Persian Gulf map will soon be ending with the release of the early access versions. Act now for a significant discount:

Patrick

***Mini Update***
    Moving Map in Hornet Now

Patrick

***mini update***

Hi everyone,

We are in the final push now and very much on track for the 30th! Recently, we’ve been completing the last items we want for the early access release:

1- Almost done with the moving map, we just need to add text outlines to make the text more visible.
    2- Almost all HUD symbology for early access weapons is now in place and functional.
    3- Radar-directed AA Gun, AIM-9, and AIM-7 is implemented.
    4- Waypoint designated target (TGT) point is now implemented for AUTO bombing.
    5- EW page / ALE functions are functional and most audio tones have been enabled. ASPJ though will come after early access launch.
    6- Our last task is implementing HUD designation of a TGT point. Almost done, but a few items to finish up.
    7- The Hornet Early Access Guide is still in work and will probably be released with the game on the 30th.

Thanks,
    Matt “Wags” Wagner
    Senior Producer

Patrick

This is going to great timing, just passed through Dubai on 22May! Just need to crawl around a Hornet now!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    This is going to great timing
    Speak for yourself, I've been on leave for the last two weeks and head back on the 28th
    If I'm lucky I'll get to fly the Bug in October
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

I Feel a terrible sickness coming on this Wednesday....might last about a week!!!!!

Patrick

I have searched to find info on DCS forums (and could not find anything which is why I am posting this question here), is there a specific time set for the Hornet's release? ie; Midnight GMT or? Just curious of when to look for the content being made available.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I have searched to find info on DCS forums (and could not find anything which is why I am posting this question here), is there a specific time set for the Hornet's release? ie; Midnight GMT or? Just curious of when to look for the content being made available.
    Usually DCS Patches are released @ 15:00-16:00 GMT Give or take an hr,That being said,The Patch with The Persian Gulf Map was released about six hrs earlier than normal So......Who knows really? I know DCS is restructuring their bonus system,I'm sure they'd like that in place for Hornet release,plus any last minute issues with the features they want working for The Hornet EA Open Beta.

Patrick

Matt has made a comment on a Hornet video concerning HOTAS setup…
    "Note that we’ll have a unique control category called “HOTAS” in the Hornet mapping. This will make it very easy and fast to map your controls to best match the real HOTAS. This is just like we did for the A-10C. Once the TM Hornet stick is out, we’ll set default bindings for it."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItBYk5piqLw

Patrick

From ED FB Page........

"a look at things to come"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3ry2dljtk7511.jpg  

Patrick

Blog Entries
    Is it possible to make the most out of the F-18 without buying the Persian Gulf map, ie is there a good variety of missions that come with the aircraft particularly aircraft carrier take off's and landings?
    I'm very tempted by the F-18 , but can't afford both that and the Persian terrain at the same time!

Regards,
    Ian

Hello Ian,In short,YESThere's plenty of missions available for the Hornet without purchasing The Persian Gulf Map,Here's a mission Matt created and will be available soon.

Patrick

Blog Entries
    Many thanks for your reply Phantom.

Regards,
    Ian

Cheers Ian,Just so you know,DCS Is having their Summer Sale on All Modules 50% Off!!!

Patrick

Great news and I would probably spring for the Gulf. Ian, on MP plenty of Hornet drivers in the other theaters, I got by butt kicked by SAMs over the Nellis ranges.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Real Hornet Driver does some Great Tutorial videos using DCS.Check out his Channel.
    <strong>

Patrick

***update from Wags***

"
    Many new items coming next week:

1- Aircraft no longer slide on the carrier deck, at any carrier speed.
    2- STT track will not switch lock uncommanded.
    3- RADAR SIL (radar silence) and STBY mode has been implemented. See image.
    4- RWR display logic has been further improved, with critical threat lines added. See image.
    5- Option on ME to select single or ripple release (was not in fact merged for last update)
    6- DUD cue added for when HT or fuze setting is below current aircraft AGL. See image.
    7- RWS page SET and weapon and count added when a weapon is in priority. See image.
    8- Night Vision Goggles (NVG) added. See image.
    9- Instrumented Carrier Landing System (ICLS) added. See image.

Patrick

Members who have read this thread: 0