Dcs f/a-18c - Page 8
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Dcs f/a-18c

I used Lex's form gouge last night for at least a couple of hours on MP!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Very nice!

I am out of the simulation business temporarily as my PC got zapped as a result of a lightning strike that hit a tree in the backyard. I actually got the computer up and running but the GPU, network card, both my routers/WIFI were taken out and there's partial MB damage. I can use it for coms and backing up my remaining stuff but since I will not be going W10 on my incoming PC, my w7 system image will be useless. I will need to install DCS and everything associated with it. Good news is, I have my mods and settings totally backed up. My new system will be good for DCS with an 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8700K 6-Core Processor (12M Cache, up to 4.7 GHz) plus a NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 with 8GB GDDR5X GPU (VR ready). I think I should be G2G for a while.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Storm, massive Hornet formations on that server (again last night), so I would say the Hornet has won popular module vote even in it's basic form now. I have similar specs on my new machine, but haven't added the VR yet and looking at a SSD plus more RAM. So busy having fun in both P3D and DCS it's hard to stop, my work schedule helps. I need to look at DCS mods, get my TM Hog set up (bindings, desk placement).
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

***mini update***
    "
    Next month we plan to bring the AIM-120 and AIM-9X to DCS: F/A-18C! As you can see, the Hornet can carry a lot of hurt."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 37760497_10160744768230341_7348932761375211520_n.jpg  

Patrick

**update** from Matt........

"This past week we introduced the AIM-120 for the Hornet. Implementation is still very preliminary. However, for the 15 August update, we plan for it to be complete with the following:

1- Guidance times (HUD and RADAR) for ACT and TTG.
    2- Correct visual mode with cage/uncage function, SL time, and correct off the rail guidance.

On a related matter, our missile engineer is currently focused on the AIM-7, but following that, he will re-visit AIM-120 guidance laws and flight dynamics.

Also on 15 August, we plan to implement the AIM-9X Block I, minus the JHMCS (coming afterwards).

Thanks!

Patrick

***UPDATE from Matt***
    "
    This week we will probably release a new update to the AIM-120 Advanced Medium Range Air to Air Missile (AMRAAM) that includes the following:

ACT and TTG times. When an AIM-120 is still on the rail, it will display its expected time in seconds to active (ACT) below the tactical area of the radar display. Once launched, the ACT time will appear on the HUD, and once the ACT time has reached zero, it will change to Time To Go (TTG) until impact time. Zero TTG indicates missile time out / target impact.

Once the missile is active, you can dump the radar lock and allow the missile to continue the intercept itself.

Below the missile triangle fly-out symbol on the radar display, the time to active will first be displayed and then an “A” once the missile is active.

Pressing the Cage/Uncage button, you can toggle the AIM-120 to VISUAL mode when a target is locked (STT) on the radar. The TD symbols will still appear, but the NIRD circle and its indications will be removed when in VISUAL mode with a designated target.

To use VISUAL mode, simply place a target within 10 nm inside the dashed reticle on the HUD and let ‘er rip. The missile will come off the rail in HPRF (maddog) and will attempt to lock and guide on the first return it finds. Be careful with any friends in your forward quarter

Patrick

Open Beta Changes..........
    DCS F/A-18C Hornet
    • Eliminated slides on deck.
    • Added AIM-9X Air-to-Air missile.
    • Added indication and sounds for EW.
    • Added FLOOD mode for AIM-7.
    • Added max target aspect cue на DDI (Radar format)
    • TOF issues for AIM-7/120 fixed.

and......
    Internally, the AIM-7 and AIM-120 versions now have the improved navigation system. Additionally, the internal AIM-7M now has several significant changes like corrected motor thrust-altitude dependence based on nozzle exit area and atmosphere pressure, adjusted drag and lift curves based on wind tunnel test data, and other changes.
    We are now carefully testing these changes before we release and move to all AIM-7 and AIM-120 versions.
    Also today internally, AIM-9X tracking was increased to 90 HOBS and flare rejection improved. It’s a monster.
    Thanks

Patrick

Hornet New Feature Poll,Please Vote and make your voice Heard!!
    https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=219023

Patrick

I’m shouting! Surprised by the comments in the thread and glad some actually know what is missing in the A2A radar modes.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

**Today's OpenBeta Update includes......
    F/A-18C
    AIM7 FLOOD mode corrected
    PRF selection label by OSB 1 changed to PDI cannot be changed unless the lock is dropped
    Hornet PAI will now engage targets with radar-guided missiles
    Power Up sound, EW Tones and Lights added
    HSI brightness now can be adjusted
    Corrected AIM-9X search tone
    Over-wing vapor added
    AIM-9X HOBS extended to 90 degrees

Patrick

***mini update***.
    "
    For one of the next updates, correct Pulse Repetition Frequency (PRF) affect will be included. Now in the internal test version, selection of High or Medium PRF will be a significant impact on target detection.

• High (HI) PRF will be able to detect targets at longer ranges, but must have a good Vc.
    • Medium (MED) PRF will be better at detecting targets at low Vc values (receding to abeam).
    • The Interleave (INTL) mode will alternate HI and MED bars in the scan.

In addition to antenna elevation, cone shape of the beam, azimuth, and range, this will be another important factor to consider when searching for targets on the radar.

Some other priority items in the cue:

1- AIM-7MH Home On Jam (HOJ) mode
    2- A/A Bullseye on radar page indications
    3- Radar BRA indication
    4- Auto range scale adjustment
    5- HARM
    6- GBU-10/16/12
    7- FPAS page
    8- JHMCS
    9- Correct radar lock loss and RTS
    10- LTWS

Thanks!

Patrick

***mini update***

"Time for a little update!

Much our Hornet work has been focused on an overhaul of the Hornet radar. As you might imagine, this has been a huge task, but it will be worth it for the Hornet and other aircraft. As of today, it's near impossible to shake a lock with just ownship maneuvers. Now we just need to have the radar RTS after lock loss and MEM mode times out.

We've also started initial tests of the JHMCS in the simulation. The attached image is an image of the HMD at a VERY incomplete state. We are now adding more and more of its symboloy and functions.

MK-82YT Ballute and CBU-100 have been added internally.

Speaking of CBU, the destructive power of anti-armor sub-munitions have been significantly increased, as well as the coverage footprint.

The Flashing X on the radar has been when a person skips turning on the radar during a cold start has been fixed.

Target lock in MPRF against short range, high-aspect targets has been corrected.

AIM-7 HOJ is active development.

New interactive training missions for CASE I recovery, AIM-9, and AIM-120 are now being created.

Locked target HUD symbology jumping around has been addressed.

TCN symboloy on HSI when viewed from a duplicate display has been fixed.

Other items in the near-term cue:

- HARM
    - LGBs
    - FPAS page
    - Automatic range scale adjustment
    - A/A Waypoint, BRA, and Bullseye functions
    - LTWS

ATFLIR is also a high priority, but we first need to complete a an all new and improved FLIR rendering system.

Thanks!"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7ff22af30e8be8194a096c8769ea8e19ef0ea910.jpg  

Patrick

"Wags" Mk 20 Rockeye Test

Patrick

***mini update***
    "For the upcoming 3 October 2018 update, we plan to further update the APG-73 radar for the Hornet. In the previous update, we greatly improved the ability of the radar to maintain a lock during hard ownship maneuvering. In next week’s update, we will further refine MEM (memory) mode, TDC location after a dropped lock (not move to stowed position), and B-Sweep behavior after a lost lock. The remaining item in this task is to adjust B-Sweep after an Undesignate Button track cancel. We are also now working on L&S auto-centering."

Patrick

***Mini Update***

"As mentioned previously, one of our priority tasks for the Hornet is the introduction of the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS).https://www.rockwellcollins.com/Products-and-Services/Defense/Avionics/Displays-and-Controls/Helmet-Mounted-Displays/Joint-Helmet-Mounted-Cueing-System.aspx
    This week we passed a key milestone with the completion of basic symbology, display blanking (most of the HMD is not displayed when looking at the HUD), and some of the related DDI pages.
    Our next big task for the JHMCS will be AIM-9X integration.
    Our intent is to bring the JHMCS to you later this month."

Patrick

***Mini Update***

Update time!

As mentioned in a recent newsletter, we are pushing hard for JHMCS with AIM-9X support, Maverick, FPAS page, and corrected A/A antenna logic after undesignated button lock release. All is looking good, but the AGM-65F and G versions will unfortunately not be ready until next month.

We, for the most part, have four guys working on Hornet systems and here is what they are working on:
    1- JHMCS. Afterward he moves on to the HARM.
    2- AGM-65E. Once done, then AGM-65F and G.
    3- A/A radar antenna. When complete, then LTWS.
    4- FPAS page. Then after that, then probably “soft lock” IFF or Data Link / SA page.

The Hornet systems team is working full time on the Hornet, but some of the items are complex and take time. No one is slacking off.

Once the Maverick and HARM are fully functional, we’ll start work on the second Hornet mini-campaign.

We have ten new training missions in work that include:
    IFR Airfield Approach
    Carrier Taxi and Takeoff
    Carrier CASE I Recovery
    A/A Gun
    AIM-9L/M
    AIM-120
    A/G Gun
    Rockets
    CCIP Bombs
    CCRP Bombs

You may be saying to yourself, “but Wags, you forgot CASE II,III and AIM-7!” Negative Ghostrider, we need those items to be completed before we can make the training mission for them (full comm for CASE II,III and HOJ mode for the Sparrow).

Supporting tech like the A/G radar (we lost our original engineer on this) and an improved FLIR rendering system are in work and are fundamental to A/G radar implementation and the ATFLIR.

So things are moving forward at a good clip, but this is a very complex product and it will take time.

Thank you for your patience!

Matt

Patrick

***MINI UPDATE***

"After extenstive testing, the A/A radar break lock errors look to be fixed. A side-benefit of the revisited core-antenna logic is that the ACM modes lock much faster now (VACQ in particular). This is planned for release in the next OB update.JHMCS AIM-9X cueing is also testing well (VR recommended). But display of radar-locked target data to the HMD needs further testing.
    FPAS page needs a bit more work on the NAV TO function.
    Team is plugging away at the L Mav.
    Once I’m happy with the above features, I’ll create a new Hornet update video to explain each one.
    Thanks,

Matt"

Patrick

Question, how many degrees off boresight (nose) can the AIM-9X be locked and fired in sim? Just curious if you can lock at fire out at 90 degrees or not. I have seen the real lateral shot tests on video where the target drone aircraft was literally off the left wing of the F/A-18 that launched the AIM-9X. Very impressive stuff!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I guess we'll find out in a few days!!This should be F U N !

Patrick

Members who have read this thread: 1