Dcs f/a-18c - Page 12
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 24567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Dcs f/a-18c

***Hornet mini update***

"
    In order to hit our Viper release window, we have very recently had to temporarily move a couple of the systems programmers from the Hornet onto the Viper for a short period. Once the Viper is released, they will be back to work on the Hornet with a strong push on TWS radar mode, air-to-surface radar, further targeting pod features, and more. Much of this work is directly applicable to the Viper. We appreciate your understanding and thank you for your patience.

Thanks.
    Wags"

Patrick

I finally succumbed to temptation and bought the TM Hornet stick. I ended up getting it from Aerosoft , Germany, as that worked out being the best value. With shipping it has cost about $320 AUD (plus cc international transaction fee) so worked out a lot cheaper than buying it locally. Looking forward to it's arrival. It's funny though, because by the time it arrives I will probably be in the Viper, and I already have the stick for that . I will be spending plenty more time in the Hornet though. I have only just completed the mini campaign and still have a lot to learn, or even try out.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

I actually gave in and purchased the WinWing Hornet HOTAS setup...

Purchase here:
    https://winwing.cn/en/JOYSTICK

Joystick gimbal video:
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Throttle with finger lifts:
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Throttle Detents are adjustable by user:
    https://www.facebook.com/10004035669...2401458115077/
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Whoa! That is a pretty tricked out unit Rick. Pretty big price tag too. It looks great though, and looks like a solid build. Enjoy
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

It is, and does....I hovered over the Submit button for many minutes, even though I was committed....LOL. It should be a great product.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

That looks like a High Quality Unit of Hardware there Rick,I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it when you get it.

Patrick

Shipping starts 10/7.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

***mini update***

"
    Much of the team is now focused on big updates for the Hornet! This entails Track While Scan radar mode, AACQ, SPOT, new targeting pod features, improvements to the flight dynamics (like ground effect issue), and others. December should be a great month for the Hornet.

Thank you for your patience."

Patrick

***mini update***

"
    Hi everyone,

A little update on TWS for the Hornet... Progress has been very fast with the remaining items just being:

1- L&S HUD steering
    2- Expand (EXP) sub-mode
    3- SCAN RAID sub-mode

Other than that, it is functionally complete, and certainly on track for later this month.

Thanks"

Patrick

mini update" In our march to added TWS on 18 December for the Hornet, we’ve now added SCAN RAID and EXP (Expand) sub-modes to TWS.
    Expand (EXP). When there is an L&S target in TWS mode and EXP is pressed, the display will change to a 10 nm range with a 20-degree azimuth scan. The display range on the right side of the display will indicate the 10 nm scan area (for example: 30 at the top and 20 at the bottom). Despite the 20-degree azimuth scan, the legend will still indicate the previous setting and the b-sweep line will not freeze on the L&S.
    This mode simply zooms in on that area, but the TWS scan operation, target rankings, etc. does not change.
    Filed tracks that are outside of the display will be on the edge of the display and flash.
    SCAN RAID Mode. This is selected from the SCAN RAID button on the throttle and it concentrates the TWS scan to a small area to break out closely spaced targets. When enabled, the scan is centered on the L&S target. It is displayed in a standard range and azimuth format in 10 nm zoomed in display at 22-degrees of azimuth, with a 2-bar elevation. The b-sweep line is frozen on the L&S target and SCAN RAID appears at the bottom of the display.
    When in this mode, track files and raw hits are displayed. If a new L&S target is designated, the RAID SCAN will move to that location. Filed tracks that are outside of the display will be on the edge of the display and flash.
    When selected, AUTO scan centering is automatically selected and cannot be unselected while in this mode.

We will continue de-bugging these and TWS as a whole, and we still need to add L&S HUD indications when in TWS.
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails
    "

Patrick

***mini***updates***
    "
    Hey everyone, I hope you all gearing up to have a very merry Christmas and well-deserved holiday break!
    As most of you are aware by now, we will be releasing Track While Scan (TWS) radar mode for the Hornet today. The system is largely complete but there are couple of items we still need to address in a planned hot fix for Friday, such as the missile fly-out cue and target vector stem. We have several other great Hornet improvements for this week.

• Added TWS radar mode.
    • F18 REDFOR (US Aggressors + NATO) will be able to use GPS.
    • Fixed significant performance drop on SA page with big amount of contacts.
    • JDAM/JSOW STEP Logic changed
    • JDAM/JSOW Power Logic changed
    • Fixed JSOW not releasing from stations 7-8
    • Fixed several AA radar mode issues.
    • Reworked AA modes transition logic.
    • Corrected target designation logic via undesignate button.

In January, after the team is back from holiday, much of the focus will be on the Hornet targeting pod, AACQ and SPOT radar modes, JDAM/JSOW improvements, Viper radar-directed gunsight and general gunsight accuracy (EEGS Level 5), and improvements to the AIM-120 AMRAAM. Once we have specific Open Beta release dates for these items, we’ll be sure to let you know.

The improvements to the Hornet targeting pod have taken longer than expected due to needed fixes to some of the air-to-air missile avionics systems. We apologize for the delay; we know how much you are looking forward to them.

In February, much of our air-to-air radar development will shift to air-to-ground radar development. This will use the air-to-ground radar API that is already being used by 3rd party developers.

Thank you for all your support and once again Merry Christmas,
    Wags"

Patrick

***mini***update***

Hey everyone,

Now that everyone is back from holiday, work has resumed in force on the Hornet. Here is a list of the tasks the team is currently working on for the next Open Beta release. Please note though that not all of these items may make the new Open Beta (a lot will depend on internal testing results):

• The radar directed gun sight has been updated to make it much more stable and accurate. It feels like a new weapon! I plan to create a video on this soon.
    • AIM-9X and JHMCS tones have been corrected.
    • A lot of work is being put on the targeting pod pointing modes. This includes slave to CCIP and AUTO points and the slave to the velocity vector. This should greatly improve targeting with the pod.
    • Missile Rmax between the HUD and DDI have been adjusted.
    • We are adding the ability to mount the targeting pod on the station 4 cheek station. In order to do this correctly, we must first recreate the 3D model of the pod because the current model does not support this (cooling intake is on the wrong side of the pod).
    • Corrected the B-sweep line.
    • Added fly-out symbols for TWS mode.
    • Corrected menu freeze that could potentially happen with GPS weapons.
    • There will be more items and they will all be included in the change log.

Once this release is complete, we’ll talk about the next series of additions and changes.

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Shipping starts 10/7.
    Any review yet? I'm interested if this is worth the hefty price tag?

Patrick

​***ICLS Tutorial***

Patrick

**In the next DCS World Open Beta, we will be introducing two new pointing modes for the Hornet Litening targeting pod.The Velocity Vector Slave (VVSL) mode aligns the TGP line of sight with the Velocity Velocity symbol on the HUD. To use, ensure that the TDC is assigned to the FLIR page, select VVLS on the FLIR page, and depress the TDC switch when the Velocity Vector is over the desired location. Once designed, you can continue to slew the TDC on the FLIR page and designate a new location.
    Waypoint Slave mode aligns the TGP line of sight with a selected waypoint. To use, select WYPT on the HSI, select the desired waypoint, and then press the WPDSG option select button.
    Also, when in bombing CCIP mode, the TGP will be slaved to the pipper of the CCIP bombing reticle.
    When not designed, the TGP will be in Snowplow mode.
    Thanks,
    Wags

Patrick

mini update*"Hey everyone,
    We currently have a heavy focus on the Hornet, with a couple of very complex and time-intensive features like the TGP and AG radar. Here are the Hornet items that the team is currently working on:
    Further targeting pod features
    AG radar
    AA radar display fixes and additions
    Datalink fixes
    AIM-120 behavior
    AGM-65 corrections
    Improvements to gun funnel
    Thanks,
    Wags*

Patrick

If you missed the EA April fool's joke here's how it looked:

https://youtu.be/ScwRmwrYYXs

You had to hit the jackpot to release the gear otherwise it would simply not go down and had to retry.

Edit: I rarely ever manage to embed a video here... The "video" option just inserts a link and the YT "embed" option in "share" does not seem to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    If you missed the EA April fool's joke here's how it looked:

https://youtu.be/ScwRmwrYYXs

You had to hit the jackpot to release the gear otherwise it would simply not go down and had to retry.

Edit: I rarely ever manage to embed a video here... The "video" option just inserts a link and the YT "embed" option in "share" does not seem to work.

Thanks for sharing Dimus.

Same here with the embed feature. It has never worked for me on these forums. Patrick manages somehow though, there must be a trick to it.

Members who have read this thread: 1