Dcs f/a-18c - Page 5
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Dcs f/a-18c

That was simply stunning! It is beyond me why the aircraft in it's currently demonstrated state could not be released...with the maneuvers they just demonstrated and everything else currently in place, this is going to be one kick arse bird. Graphically, I felt like I was watching the real Hornet doing an airshow, from the LEX and wingtip vertices, to the high alpha maneuver (cobra?), just simply amazing.

Thanks for posting Phantom.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Cheers Matt,Shouldn't be too far off now

Patrick

I also felt like I was watching an actual video of a real hornet performing an airshow routine.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

***Mini Update***
    "
    Hornet update time!

As mentioned earlier, a lot of the work is focused on the air-to-air radar, and Single Track Target (STT) mode in particular. This uses “electronic roll” logic and we are now finalizing the antenna scan and limits. Once that is done, we can finish up the ACM modes and STT lock in BVR mode. This would also then allow us to finish up air-to-air symbology for the HUD and attack display.

I had hoped/planned to next do an IFR field landing video, but we first want to set up proper instrumentation for the approach. USN Hornets are NOT equipped with standard ILS equipment. Instead, they most often use ACLS, PAR, or ICLS. We had first planned ICLS, but it appears this is no longer used, so we will instead develop ACLS ground stations that can be placed at an airfield, but like a TACAN station. Instead, I think the next academic video will be aerial refueling (became functional this week).

The waypoint system is making great progress, with just a few items to clean up on the DATA page and include the appropriate HUD data.

The art team further improved the cockpit by adding an albedo property to the textures using a PBR rendering method. This gives the surfaces a more authentic paint on metal look. You can see this in the two attached images.

Other advancements have also been made on the Hornet external sounds and the vapor effects."

Thanks,
    Matt “Wags” Wagner

Senior Producer

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Patrick

The hornet is looking looking super!
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

** tiny update **

"https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197186

2018-03-08
    Q: Will interactive training missions be included?
    A: Yes, the following free lessons are planned for the Early Access:

1- Cold Start
    2- Airfield Taxi and Takeoff
    3- Carrier Takeoff
    4- Navigation
    5- VFR Airfield Landing
    6- IFR Airfield Landing
    7- Case I and II Carrier Landing
    8- Aerial Refueling
    9- AG Gun and Rockets
    10- Unguided Bombs
    11- Air-to-Air Radar Overview
    12- Air-to-Air Gun
    13- AIM-9
    14- AIM-7
    15- Defensive Systems

Patrick

**Early Access Missions Updated**

Updated again:
    1- Introduction and Basic Controls
    2- Cold Start
    3- Airfield Taxi and Takeoff
    4- TACAN Navigation
    5- Waypoint Navigation
    6- VFR Airfield Landing
    7- IFR Airfield Landing
    8- Air-to-Air Radar Overview
    9- Aerial Refueling
    10- Carrier Takeoff
    11- Case I and II Carrier Landing
    12- Air-to-Air Gun
    13- AIM-9
    14- AIM-7
    15- AG Gun and Rockets
    16- Unguided Bombs
    17- Defensive Systems

Patrick

***mini update***

Over the weekend the team implemented both big and small items into the latest build that move us ever forward to an Early Access release. We are still on track for an Early Access release prior to the end of Spring 2018. However, we have no tighter estimate at this time given the complexities involved and the unknowns of how long testing will require.1- The Waypoint navigation system is now functional in the simulation and tied to the Inertial Navigation System (INS). This includes indications both on the HSI and HUD. This also includes most of the functionality for the HSI/DATA/WYPT page. This will provide most waypoint functions used by players. After Early Access release, we will implement the option for the programming of three waypoint sequences in the Mission Editor and the creation of Offset Waypoints using the HSI page. The last big item for waypoints in the Early Access release will be implementing the Waypoint Designate (WPDSG) option, that will set the selected waypoint as the target point. This is important for both weapon and sensor cuing.
    2- Starting from an airfield or aircraft carrier has some key differences when setting up the cockpit controls. For example: When starting from an airfield, the Hook Bypass switch should be set to FIELD and the Anti-Skid switch should be set to ON; when starting on an aircraft carrier, the Hook Bypass switch should be set to should be set to CARRIER and the Anti-Skid switch should be set to OFF. This weekend we enabled the ability to set default cockpit configurations for Ramp, Hot, and Runway starts to account for the starting location.
    3- Aerial refueling is now implemented. Now I just need to get good enough at this to not embarrass myself too much in a video.
    4- Fuel dump logic and animation has been implemented. This can be quite important to meeting max trap weights.
    Onward and upwards!
    Thanks,
    Matt “Wags” Wagner
    Senior Producer

Patrick

***Aggressor***
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 37749B60-ACBC-434D-A3F7-928D6512FFFF.jpg   C517400A-131D-4FB5-8BCF-BAA523D9D20B.jpg  

Patrick

**tiny update**

"Our latest Hornet squadron addition for DCS World: VFA-34 "Blue Blasters".

Please note that we are first prioritizing skins for actual operators of the F/A-18C, that includes the USN, USMC, Finland, Switzerland, and Kuwait. After which, we hope to include "what if" skins for F/A-18A operators like Canada, Australia, Spain.

As for the USN squadrons, we are first prioritizing those squadrons that have yet to or recently move to Super Hornets."

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Patrick

***USMC***

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Patrick

***THUNDERBOLTS***.

Patrick

***Golden Warriors ***.

Patrick

***mini update***.

"Hornet Radar Update

As noted in the last several updates, one of the primary tasks is coding the air-to-air modes of the AN/APG-73 radar for the Hornet. The current focus is on Single Track Target (STT) mode as this will be vital for radar directed gun, radar-slaved AIM-9, and PD illumination for AIM-7. This work is currently revolving around target angles/range filtering and symbology display behavior.

Work is still in progress on search/acquisition radar modes in regard to scan limits applied by antenna servo electronics, in addition to physical antenna gimbal limits. This all involve coordinate transformation (antenna/scan frames, SPRS (Space Pitch/Roll Stabilized), body frame while accounting for antenna electronic roll stabilization.

In parallel, the needed data for future MSI (Multi-Sensor Integration) routines and modes like LTWS (latent TWS) is being coded and would be sent to the MC2 (Mission Computer 2).

A lot of work is being done on code-structure refinement. Given all the functionality is being worked on, we have to avoid the code from becoming spaghetti-like.

The implemented and in-progress data structures and algorithms (like target search, target data filtering, antenna electronic roll stabilization, etc.) will help us in later projects, and we hope this will reduce those development times.

Attached is a very simple debug screenshot.

Thanks,
    Matt “Wags” Wagner
    Senior Producer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Patrick

Looking great!
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Looking awesome! BTW, are there any plans to add a Blue Angels paint? I know their birds are specially modified but was just curious about the possibility of a paint.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Looking awesome! BTW, are there any plans to add a Blue Angels paint? I know their birds are specially modified but was just curious about the possibility of a paint.
    I believe they said they would be doing a non pylon version but this wouldn't be included in Hornet Early Access.

Patrick

***Rampagers***

Patrick

***mini update***

"As we mover ever-closer to the Early Access release of the Hornet, more and more of our work is shifting to the air-to-air radar and weapon systems.Over the past several weeks, the focus of air-to-air radar work has been on Single Target Track (STT) mode. This is critical for what we plan for the Early Access release. This week, it is initially operational in the simulation, as you can see in the attached. The next big step is to complete the attack radar symbology and data and then the various HUD information. Still very work-in-progress.
    Similar to SPI in the A-10C, the Hornet allows you to designate a Target Point (TP) that can then be used to slave sensors and weapons to. There are several ways to create a TP, but the one we are finishing up now is the ability to set a waypoint as a TP using the WPDSG function on the HSI. HSI symbology is complete, as well as most of the HUD data. We just need to set up the target diamond of the TP location when looking through the HUD.
    Earlier we talked about the ability to set a course line based on a selected TACAN station or Waypoint by using the course knob. This week we also added the ability to set a course using the UFC… much faster.
    Thanks,
    Matt “Wags” Wagner

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Patrick

***mini update***
    <strong>

Patrick

***mini update***

"Hornet Mini-Update 2018-4-11

We are very much in a sprint now to create a Hornet press preview, which will then fold into the Early Access release version.

As is probably a familiar mantra by now, much of the work is focused on the air-to-to air radar with implementation of STT, accurate gimbal limits in reference to the antenna frame, and SRPS scan being done “electronically” based on gimbal command to correct azimuth and elevation values. This results in the actual antenna maximum sweep azimuth varies with aircraft roll angle in RWS. The antenna servo electronics have additional scan limits applied to gimbals: 40 degrees of elevation at maximum azimuth, and 50 degrees of azimuth at maximum elevation. This results in the gimbal scan limit having the shape of octagon (gimbals physical limits + the limits applied by servo electronics). This can be observed by moving the antenna up or down using manual elevation control on the throttle. You’ll be able to observe this by not touching manual elevation and set the aircraft roll to 90 degrees.

In the attached image, you can see some of this new radar code now manifested on the HUD in regards to target range and Vc. A big push is now on auto-lock for the ACM modes and correct attack radar symbology on the HUD and radar display (AA Gun, AIM-9, and AIM-7).

Navigation is basically done for the Early Access, but we’ll return to this after Early Access release and add additional functions like the GPS, Mark Points, Offset Aim Points (OAP), and ICLS. For now though, you will have TACAN, ADF, and Waypoints.

With Early Access navigation ready, this part of the team has now moved to implement the AG bombing modes on the HUD and clean up the AG gun HUD mode. Once this is done, we’ll be able to create some pretty cool videos.

The flight models is undergoing continual refinements and tuning, and it’s already quite close. However, we strive to make it even better!

We have completed all the planned skins for actual F/A-18C squadrons and we’re now working on skins for F/A-18A/A+ squadrons. We have not forgotten about you Canadians, Australians and Spaniards!

We will have seven interactive training missions at the launch of the Early Access Hornet to include: Introduction, Cold Start, Taxi and Takeoff, TACAN and ADF Navigation, Waypoint Navigation, Straight In Landing, and Overhead Pattern Landing. More will come as Hornet systems come to completion!

The Early Access Hornet Guide is undergoing art creation, and it’s our hope that we can release this prior to the Early Access release of the game.

Thanks,
    Matt “Wags” Wagner

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 30629151_10160342788450341_7889103513928597504_n.jpg  

Patrick

***NEW RAIN EFFECTS ***PREVIEW***
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rain.jpg  

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I was Wrong!!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 30725060_10160366285815341_4003749503805947904_o.jpg   30722911_10160366285775341_5899776208333176832_o.jpg   30712393_10160366285805341_530934829110263808_o.jpg  

Patrick

Too bad we can't assign a no-pylon loadout on early access for that Paint but I know it will come soon enough.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

***NEW CANOPY RAIN EFFECTS***
    <strong>

Patrick

Members who have read this thread: 1