Dcs f/a-18c - Page 6
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Dcs f/a-18c

***mini update***
    "DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Update
    Matt and Nick are currently in Minsk and Moscow where work on the Hornet and ancillary units is progressing well.
    Work has started on the management of aircraft on the CVN-74 carrier deck. Departing aircraft will appear in certain parking and elevators positions and will taxi on to the catapults. Recovering aircraft will taxi to free parking spaces. Subsequent aircraft will go to the elevator and de-spawn. On the deck it will be possible to place static objects (aircraft, equipment, loads). For this purpose we'll provide some new possibilities in the mission editor. A little later, we will show you pictures and videos of this in action."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CVN-74-Deck-720.jpg  
    Last edited by Phantom88; April 27th, 2018 at 13:23.

Patrick

Some Reviewers/YouTube Channels have been granted early Alpha Access to the Hornet

Patrick

That was a cool vid. The detail in DCS is just amazing now. Even just the water itself is spectacular.

It goes without saying I am really looking forward to this Hornet. Also I think my arm has just been twisted on the Persian Gulf map

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Hello Scott,Yea,Persian Gulf Map looks to have fantastic detail.

Here's another look at a reviewers Channel

Patrick

Wags posted some of The Hornet missions that will be available in various maps

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Caucasus_Instant_Action_Missions.jpg   PG_Instant_Action_Missions.jpg  

Patrick

Guess I should start my own ‘tube channel, but it’s fine as I pre-purchased. Like the 1st vid and idea of using a helo to explore the almost overkill of detail around Dubai.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Said it before: Looking forward to the Hornet. Can see it's not too far off now!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Said it before: Looking forward to the Hornet. Can see it's not too far off now!
    Wags has stated online "Hornet will be out by end of May"

A few new vids have popped up from BeachAV8R from Mudspike forums

Patrick

***mini update***
    <strong>

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Exactly what I’m thinking. Watching the “devil dog” vid and I’m glad I’ve spent so much time in the VRS Super from FS9 days, start up and most functions should transition over to DCS.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Night Trap
    <strong>

Patrick

Great look at the new map at high speed,low level
    ]

Patrick

***Mini update***

Patrick

Another set of vids driving me crazy waiting. Hopefully the boat ships with working TACAN and ACLS or true night traps are going to be difficult.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

The Pace of instructional videos seems to be ramping up,Like they're trying to make a deadline.

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    I heard end of May this year for release.....?
    Yes.......But the Hornet will be released before the Persian Gulf Map.Which is Slated for end of May also,So really,Hornet could be released any day now

Patrick

Must say it really looks fantastic, possibly too detailed for my evening and weekend flight sim jaunts, but will probably buy anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    Must say it really looks fantastic, possibly too detailed for my evening and weekend flight sim jaunts, but will probably buy anyway!
    Ok,but be aware,If you wait till EA release you will lose the $20 pre-purchase discount.

Froogle Sim has a "1st Look"

Patrick

Thanks, I've already pre-purchased the Persian Gulf map, just need to find the funds for the Hornet!

Just be aware that there is a high probability of being released THIS week. Currently they are running a 25% off discount for EA...I doubt we'll see this on sale again for at least another full year.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Just be aware that there is a high probability of being released THIS week. Currently they are running a 25% off discount for EA...I doubt we'll see this on sale again for at least another full year.
    Yea.....I'm thinking Wednesday(DCS Patch Day) or Friday?Fingers Crossed

Patrick

Members who have read this thread: 0