Dcs f/a-18c - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Dcs f/a-18c

***mini update***
    " mini update
    "Two of the biggest Hornet tasks are the A/A radar and A/G weapon HUD modes. Today, we have a first, early look at the A/A radar DATA sub-level page and the bombing HUD. Both though are still incomplete.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Patrick

Great update. I will have you know, that I purposely bought VRS SB and TacPack just to prepare for this beauty. Thanks for keeping us up to speed.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

You're very Welcome Sir.

***DCS Live Stream ***
    DCS World Live Steam! 31 December at 1600 GMT. This live stream will feature the Hornet and the updated Caucasus map for DCS World 2.5.

https://youtu.be/5ngXPTFdilQ

Patrick

Asymmetric Loadout

Patrick

**MK -83 Love**

Patrick

Nice! On my last to get when the time comes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    And on mine! DCS is quickly becoming my favorite simulator (perhaps until Flying Circus comes out). I fly P3D less and less.

***Mini Update***

"Time for a mini-update!

Most of the team has been on the Russian new year’s holiday the past 10 days, but work will resume in full force on Tuesday. We are in sprint mode now to bring the Early Access build of the Hornet to release status as soon as we can.

As mentioned before, much of the current work revolves around tuning the flight model / Flight Control System (FCS), weapon integration (SMS page, HUD, and objects), the air-to-air radar, the INS system to support waypoints, and whole lotta systems and sound tuning.

Once more weapons come online, we’ll be showing them off and their delivery modes. Our art team is also working on some new skins that we should be showing off soon. Today we have an image of LAU-61 rocket pods and ZUNI rockets for the Hornet.

For the next Hornet academic video, we’ll dive into the HUD, Upfront Controller (UFC), and Integrated Fuel and Engine Indicator (IFEI).

Thanks,
    Matt “Wags” Wagner
    Senior Producer

Patrick

***Mini Update***.

When creating our F/A-18C Hornet, our goal has been to create the most accurate simulation of a LOT 20 Hornet possible. One area we ran into issues with though is the defensive systems. While we had great information on the ALR-67, ALE-39, and ALQ-162, we ran into a lot of trouble finding good data on the newer ALE-47 and ALQ-165 ASPJ systems. Because of that, we had to use the older defensive systems panel in the bottom center instrument panel.

After a lot of hunting, we’ve been able to put enough open source information together to create a rather accurate simulation of the ALE-47 and ALQ-165 system operations. The ALE-47 in particular provides a lot more capability in creating manual programs and the semi-automatic and automatic programs.

Attached, you can see the new Integrated Countermeasures Control Panel (ICMCP). As you will probably notice, this panel is rather spartan. This is because most of the functions have been moved to the EW DDI page.

Thanks,
    Matt “Wags” Wagner

Senior Producer

Patrick

Wish I could help on the ALE side, we use the same thing, but should be close enough for sim usage.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Hello Victory,Have you looked into beta testing? Here's Matt's post on what's required......
    https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=50779

Patrick

****Mini Update****
    Now that the team is back from holiday, work resumes on the Hornet. One of the big areas that you can see visible results is the EW page. Attached are a couple WIP images of the main display page and the manual (MAN) programing page.

I’ll do a full academic video on this later, but in a nutshell, the bypass mode allows single release of chaff and flare from the countermeasures dispense switch on the throttles and when in the ON mode, it can use semi-automatic (S/A), automatic (AUTO), and manual (MAN) modes. When set to MAN mode, the ARM PB brings up the programming edit page that allows you to create and save dispense programs. It's a very easy to use system.

You may also notice the O1 and O2 counts, these are for GEN-X expendables.

On the radar front, much of the work is on the locking of targets in STT and LTWS modes. This is also critical for the ACM modes.

Other focused work continues on the flight model / FCS, bombing HUD, INS, and audio.

A small thing, but we also adjusted the DDIs and MPCD to not be smudgy messes.

Thanks,
    Matt “Wags” Wagner
    Senior Producer, Eagles Dynamics SA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Patrick

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the regular updates of this plane that I am looking forward to so much, Phantom88!

You're very welcome Sir.

Patrick

***mini update***.

"A little update today that shows some improvements to the cockpit lighting.

Mk-84 and AIM-9L also integrated in the Hornet this week."

Patrick

***mini update***

Hornet Navigation System Update

A very important aspect of creating a realistic navigation systems is accounting for magnetic variation. Over the past week, the team has been implementing this. We now have a Magnetic Azimuth Detector (MAD)and Magnetic Variation implemented as part of the Mission Computer (MC) 1 code. Note that the MAD is actually a separate system that provides data to the Air Data Computer (ADC), which in turns sends the data to the MC. For the two Mission Computers, we are essentially creating them virtually. This allows us more accuracy, particularly in regards to failures.

This will now allow proper magnetic heading differences (true heading vs magnetic heading and will be available on the HSI.

Realistic magnetic and true heading computations for DG/SLAVE/COMP INS are also in progress.

This is all in parallel to getting the INS Waypoint systems up and running, a crucial item of the Early Access release.

Thanks,
    Matt “Wags” Wagner
    Eagle Dynamics, Senior Producer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FD74A68D-15AA-42CE-9B32-8F61760BA670.jpg  

Patrick

Thanks for the update. I'm getting more and more stoked about receiving this model in early access!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You're Welcome Storm,Yeah this video really struck a cord in me.... That Hornet pit is Gorgeous,Coupling that with the high fidelity systems being implemented by the DCS/BelSimtek team have me wanting this one yesterday

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Wish I could help on the ALE side, we use the same thing, but should be close enough for sim usage.
    As good as a expert advisor would make this more realistic, I would be content with speculative theories made by the developers of Jane's FA-18 back in the day. It's always great to see subject matter experts willing to advise, but I think for the vast majority who will never fly this bird or it's equipment in real life, just having a decent jammer and decoy set up would be just as great to counter newer AAA and SAM threats. Having seen so much of this hardware mature in real life has been great to see, including IR seeker lasers and improved jamming equipment.

Victory103, if you made it aboard testing, kudos. Just manage the system to be effective but not all powerful, against S300/400 and of course, the mighty Tunguska! Remember, it is a Russian team making this simulation....

Matt

Another fantastic update Phantom, thanks. I too bought the pre-purchase and am a bit nervous about it's forthcoming release and how in depth it will be. I am hoping since I spent so much time on Jane's and some additional time in VRS, this will not be as daunting as it appears. I hope the US CVBG will be released with the early access or will we be flying off the Kuznetsov and fixed site runways?

Matt

Hello Matt,Bringing these updates is my pleasure,Thank You very much for the mention.

About the CVN....The last news I'm aware of is The Hornet will enter EA with a Nimitz Class CVN....but.....A high detailed CVN with special features(I think Carl Vinson CVN 70) will be available at a later date as a separate module.

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Victory103, if you made it aboard testing, kudos. Just manage the system to be effective but not all powerful, against S300/400 and of course, the mighty Tunguska! Remember, it is a Russian team making this simulation....
    I'm in the middle of my retirement, so hardly any time to already add to the beta team on another platform for now. Hopefully things will settle down after I get the wife moved, good thing is I'll still have access to most of the systems in post-Army life. The ASE systems are all pretty user friendly, until you dig into the BIT features, mostly turn it on and hope it works for the everyday line pilot! It does make sense for one to know each system for the whole "staying alive" part.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    I'm in the middle of my retirement, so hardly any time to already add to the beta team on another platform for now. Hopefully things will settle down after I get the wife moved, good thing is I'll still have access to most of the systems in post-Army life. The ASE systems are all pretty user friendly, until you dig into the BIT features, mostly turn it on and hope it works for the everyday line pilot! It does make sense for one to know each system for the whole "staying alive" part.
    Absolutely knowledge is power regarding your avionics inner workings. I too was amazed at how few of my peers really cared enough to dig into the deeper inner workings of some of the ground based electronics, assuming they will work each time you roll out the FOB. I just shook my head in disbelief each time and said a small prayer for them.

Kudos on your forthcoming retirement. I retired 1 April 2016. It was admittedly a bit daunting, since Infantry skills do not directly have a civilian counterpart. Feel free to PM me for any questions or advice.

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 1