Sky unlimited p-38

Thread: Sky unlimited p-38

Icon28 Sky unlimited p-38

I recently purchased the SKY UNLIMITED P-38. The download was normal and I installed it to my FSX program. My computer said the installation was successful. However, when I open FSX, the airplane is not there. I checked the installation path and it is correct. I have re-installed the airplane several times with the same results. I can not find the support page for SKY UNLIMITED and attempts to E-mail them have been unsuccessful. Does anyone have a solution for this problem ??? If you do , please send an E-mail to pmesmer@md.metrocast.net.

If by chance you are looking for this aircraft under Lockheed you won't find it there. It will be listed under SkyUnlimited Productions not Lockheed.

It might be problem in instalator i guess. Try instal to new folder and check if instalator have correct path to the simulator

Sky unlimited p-38

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    If by chance you are looking for this aircraft under Lockheed you won't find it there. It will be listed under SkyUnlimited Productions not Lockheed.
    Thanks for your reply. I don't have the airplane in FSX so I can't select either one

I wonder if, owing to its age, the installer has installed it under C\Program Files\Microsoft Games instead of C\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Games? Maybe worth a look? Good luck anyway

Just helped Pete here with the same issue, regarding our Bf-109K-4, which was purchased from FS Pilot Shop. After trying all the things listed above, plus turning off the antivirus, the installation only succeeded when I sent him a copy of the installer directly from my computer. If there's a problem with the installer from SkyUnlimited as well, could the root perhaps be in something like the permissions somewhere on Pete's computer, or something like that? As otherwise I can't think of some way a computer would accept and correctly run the installer from one source but not another? But then again, I don't know what additional security may be added to the installers by the third-party vendors. As for SkyUnlimited, I'm not sure how much Jesse is still involved, as I see the last update to the website was in 2010.

Mike

I'm clutching at straws now, but is there any chance you bought the FS2004 version by accident? Even pointed towards the correct FSX directory the installer would create its own 'Aircraft' folder and so wouldn't show up in the FSX 'Airplanes' folder.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    If you used the flight1 wrapper to purchase, this does not actually install the aircraft, just extract the installer to a specified location. You need to run it manually after extracting.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWeevil View Post
    I'm clutching at straws now, but is there any chance you bought the FS2004 version by accident? Even pointed towards the correct FSX directory the installer would create its own 'Aircraft' folder and so wouldn't show up in the FSX 'Airplanes' folder.
    Good thought! However just checked the database and at least with the Flight Replicas Bf-109K-4, it was the FSX version purchased.

Members who have read this thread: 0