CV-9 USS "Essex" WWII for FSX/P3D - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CV-9 USS "Essex" WWII for FSX/P3D

She looks just beautiful!.
    My Hellcat is getting homesick.

Blog Entries
    Looks great.

Any chance of a post war / Korean war markings set? I know it's pre-SCB-27 refit, but I'd be happy with the post-war paint of either the -9 or any other of the Essex class.

Just a thought. Would be much appreciated by the Korean/50s era crowd.

thanks,

dl

Looking at those screen , really is in the WOW Factor!

Stunning YoYo.
    The screenshots are amazing.

Anthin.

Was this ever uploaded anywhere? It looks fantastic!

Don't thinks so. Major drool.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by dc10boy View Post
    Was this ever uploaded anywhere? It looks fantastic!
    Not yet. Sorry for delay. It's finished I suppose but I must take now all in the one zip + write readme.

Fleet is ready:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

we're going to need some WWII tacpack birds

Wow! And wow again. That is one lovely looking Essex Class carrier.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Shameless bump just for folks to get a few more looks at YoYo's screen shots.

From FSX:

There has been a problem with one of the fx which has hopefully been sorted. It's close to launch for sure.
    ATB
    DaveB:-)

Looking forward to it! Looking for a place to land:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I dug that paint out and was whizzing around in it before I chopped to the SBD

Just waiting for YoYo to get back. One of the sound files was causing an anomaly in FSXA and not P3D so.. presuming the anomaly was caused by it displaying what should have been a texture that wasn't there.. I added a texture line to the fx file which now displays nice swirly effects behind the carrier. The effect didn't call for a texture (which was odd) but seemed to need one in FSXA. YoYo was going to test it in P3D.
    ATB
    DaveB

I look at those shots and I can just hear "Theme of the Fast Carriers" from "Victory At Sea" playing in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFv6ng8uR0A

One minute in, notice Hellcat 00. That's Jimmy Flatley's aircraft.
    The Stars of this show are the U.S.S. Yorktown, and the U.S.S. Ticonderoga.

Icon23

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post

I dug that paint out and was whizzing around in it before I chopped to the SBD
    Funny, I painted it this morning? Have you hacked my computer?

That SBD looks great btw
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Yes, I wasnt at home. It was a small problem in FSX (in P3D was ok), now looks ok I think in both sim (thx Dave).
    I removed also "9" from the tower and hull as it was i real Essex. AI Carrier 2 is necessary to see all accompanying ships.

Screenies from P3D.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Funny, I painted it this morning? Have you hacked my computer?

That SBD looks great btw

Ah.. yes. The one I have is VF-5 '22'.. Dub Taylors. Same scheme as yours but with a different side number. An honest mistake guv'
    ATB
    DaveB

Any news on release Yoyo?

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Any news on release Yoyo?
    Cheers Chris
    Yes, know it sorry for dalay. Package is ready but not many time to test it after the last changes (in P3D, in FSX is ok now).
    To this Sunday it will be released.

Very good news. Been looking forward to this one . .
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Great news, once is shows up a definite sticky.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

And while we are waiting, let's get in the mood with "The Fighting Lady":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vpnq8eJPOs
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

And while we are waiting, let's get in the mood with "The Fighting Lady":
    Had not seen that one in decades - really puts you in the mood indeed!

Just FYI, the YouTube video of "The Fighting Lady" is better quality than a DVD I bought a while back. Even the VHS version I got from the USS Yorktown museum store years ago was better than the DVD. I'd love to see TFL restored and reissued with the same great color and quality as "Dive Bomber".

Saw Dive Bomber on TV not long ago and the quality was outstanding. Almost eerie watching the hi quality color movie scenes of squadrons of Grumman F3F's that looked like the film was shot this year, then you realize it was made 75 years ago!

Members who have read this thread: 2