Paint Request Please - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paint Request Please

Ok Butch..

I've checked the files I'm using and have modified them for you to test (eg, taken out all the other paints so that you don't get P3D screaming that there are duplicates!!)

Here's what to do..

In the 0-1 folder.. rename your aircraft.cfg and air file to aircraft1.cfg and add a 1 to the airfile so that it won't be read. Unzip the contents of the folder I'm sending and add the contents (my aircraft.cfg and airfile) to the 0-1 folder. You'll only see the Coral Sea Skyhawk clean in the sim and none of the other paints that live in that folder but don't worry. This is just a test and if it works (which it should) we can set about adding all your other clean 0-1 repaints.

If you've added the carrier extensions to the panel.cfg.. you can call it up by using shift+3. If you haven't and are unsure, just shout and I'll send you my panel.cfg. You will only ever see ONE entry in AICarriers for Coral Sea. You change the deck config yourself using the shift+3 panel. This isn't like the Enterprise or Nimitz.

I've not flown the clean model since Stu posted the 302 paints but I've checked it and it works exactly as the wing-tank version. Drive her up to the shuttle and park the nose wheel just ahead as in my shots. Parking brake, shift+i and it should pull forward just a little and show the bridle attached and ready to go

Oops.. nearly forgot. Here are the files testfiles

That's it fella. Any snags.. just shout.
    ATB
    DaveB

Perfecto

Dave

Thanks- those files fix the catapult conundrum. So what's next, what do we do now?

That's great Butch

Where to go next indeed. The original setup doesn't lend itself to 'easy' no matter what you do. Did you say you'd only added this paint to the clean model (0-1)? If so.. I have a plan whereby your original install (pre 302 paint) gets restored and I'll send you my 'all in one' setup for this paint. Stu plans to do a couple more for it so it'll be easier in the long run if we go down the all-in-one route. Your original install will remain intact and the all-in-one will happily sit beside it without interference

ATB
    DaveB

A search of the web has gotten me pictures of eight different VF-153 A-4C/E Skyhawks and two of the humpback F model (one of which is already included in the set I just made).
    Since I have eight of the C/E model I'll do them all, se we can have two flights of four. I'd like to find another two of the F model, so we can have four unique paints of it as well.
    DaveB has graciously agreed to help me with this, so I think we'll end up with a nice pack of VA-153 Skyhawks in the very near future.

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    That's great Butch

Where to go next indeed. The original setup doesn't lend itself to 'easy' no matter what you do. Did you say you'd only added this paint to the clean model (0-1)? If so.. I have a plan whereby your original install (pre 302 paint) gets restored and I'll send you my 'all in one' setup for this paint. Stu plans to do a couple more for it so it'll be easier in the long run if we go down the all-in-one route. Your original install will remain intact and the all-in-one will happily sit beside it without interference

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    A search of the web has gotten me pictures of eight different VF-153 A-4C/E Skyhawks and two of the humpback F model (one of which is already included in the set I just made).
    Since I have eight of the C/E model I'll do them all, se we can have two flights of four. I'd like to find another two of the F model, so we can have four unique paints of it as well.
    DaveB has graciously agreed to help me with this, so I think we'll end up with a nice pack of VA-153 Skyhawks in the very near future.

Stu
    Nice one Stu

Butch..
    Can you revert your Skyhawk back to pre-302 setup (hoping that you only converted the 0-1 model). This will mean removing the cfg and airfile I sent.. removing the 302 entries from your existing cfg and removing the 302 paints from the 0-1 folder. If you can do that.. I have a file ready for you to download. Can't post it here so will send a link via PM.

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post

Stu
    Wow! That sounds great looking forward to the paints.

Thanks.

Nice one Stu

Butch..
    Can you revert your Skyhawk back to pre-302 setup (hoping that you only converted the 0-1 model). This will mean removing the cfg and airfile I sent.. removing the 302 entries from your existing cfg and removing the 302 paints from the 0-1 folder. If you can do that.. I have a file ready for you to download. Can't post it here so will send a link via PM.

ATB
    DaveB
    Dave,

The only folder I messed with (converted) was the Skyhawk clean 0-1 folder, changed out the files you sent with the ones that were originally there.
    I don't follow on the revert to pre-302 setup but I did only mess with the clean 0-1 folder. The livery called for in the original clean 0-1 cfg file is:
    ***** clean A-4E *****

[fltsim.0]
    title=A-4E/F Skyhawk 0
    sim=Virtavia_A-4E-F_Skyhawk
    model=E_clean_1
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=E_NAVY_1 <<<<< E-Navy-1
    kb_checklists=
    kb_reference=
    atc_heavy= 0
    atc_parking_types= mil_combat
    atc_airline = Navy
    atc_flight_number=AG303
    atc_id=149993
    atc_id_color= 0000000000
    ui_manufacturer= Douglas
    ui_type= A-4 Skyhawk
    ui_variation=A-4E USN - Clean
    ui_typerole=Military Jet
    ui_createdby=Virtavia
    ui_thumbnailfile=texture.thumbs/Thumb_Skyhawk_0.jpg

They sure put this package together in a strange fashion. Now a days for multiple arm configuration you can do it like Milviz did it with their F4 just drag the weapon over to the belly of the plane.
    Wish it was that easy for me when I was loading F-4's during carrier ops off coast of Nam.

OK fella.. I've sent a PM with the All-in-one setup ready for you to use. Just make sure you remove the files I sent, put yours back and delete any reference to the VA-153 paints from your original config.

ATB
    DaveB

OK fella.. I've sent a PM with the All-in-one setup ready for you to use. Just make sure you remove the files I sent, put yours back and delete any reference to the VA-153 paints from your original config.

ATB
    DaveB
    When you say put yours back, which one are those? Original files.....

That zip file you sent me I take it that those files are removed?

Who's on first what's on second and I don't know is on third

My head hurts, think I will give this a break for now.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    When you say put yours back, which one are those? Original files.....

That zip file you sent me I take it that those files are removed?

Who's on first what's on second and I don't know is on third

My head hurts, think I will give this a break for now.
    OK mate. When I say put your files back.. I mean take the files out that I sent you yesterday for the test (aircraft.cfg and airfile) and bin them. That will leave you with the renamed airfile and aircraft.cfg you started with. Rename them so they're active. Remove any reference to the VA-153 paints you had in your aircraft.cfg and delete the VA-153 texture textures from the 0_1 folder.

Open the zip file I sent and drop the entire folder (Virtavia A-4E_F_Skyhawk) into your Simobjects/Airplanes folder.

What you SHOULD end up with is all your Skyhawk folders PLUS the new Virtavia A-4E_F_Skyhawk folder sitting below them.

Think of it this way. Put your Virtavia A-4 Skyhawk 0-1 Clean back to how it was before you ever heard of the VA-153 repaint.. bin the paint and remove any reference to it in the aircraft.cfg.

The alternative is too complicated to even contemplate. This really IS the easy way.
    ATB
    DaveB

OK mate. When I say put your files back.. I mean take the files out that I sent you yesterday for the test (aircraft.cfg and airfile) and bin them. That will leave you with the renamed airfile and aircraft.cfg you started with. Rename them so they're active. Remove any reference to the VA-153 paints you had in your aircraft.cfg and delete the VA-153 texture textures from the 0_1 folder.

Open the zip file I sent and drop the entire folder (Virtavia A-4E_F_Skyhawk) into your Simobjects/Airplanes folder.

What you SHOULD end up with is all your Skyhawk folders PLUS the new Virtavia A-4E_F_Skyhawk folder sitting below them.

Think of it this way. Put your Virtavia A-4 Skyhawk 0-1 Clean back to how it was before you ever heard of the VA-153 repaint.. bin the paint and remove any reference to it in the aircraft.cfg.

The alternative is too complicated to even contemplate. This really IS the easy way.
    ATB
    DaveB
    I don't have that renamed airfile and aircraft.cfg - right now, I don't have any in there (0-1 Clean folder). I added that Virtavia_A-4E_F_SkyhawkGE.zip to the A4 folder, it is at the bottom of all the other A4 files.
    So what do I use for an Aircraft.cfg and .air file for the first 0-1 clean folder?

You should be able to leave your old Skyhawk installation untouched.

All you really have to do is copy the needed files and folders from it into the folder with the repaints.

Yes, it takes up more room on your hard drive this way, because you are duplicating dada...
    ..but it makes things much simpler than trying to re-do the stock Skyhawk folder.

Stu

Hopefully.. we've crossed this bridge. I've sent Butch new aircraft.cfg and airfiles for his 0-1 folder (latest versions with no trace of VM-153) so that's done. Re where you've put the files I sent Butch..

The zip file is called Virtavia_A-4E_F_SkyhawkGE.zip and the folder inside it doesn't have the GE suffix. Take the entire folder from inside the zip and drop it into your Airplanes folder.. JUST your airplanes folder. Treat it as a completely new model.

ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 0