Short Sunderland MkIII flying boat for Fs9 uploaded.

Thread: Short Sunderland MkIII flying boat for Fs9 uploaded.

Short Sunderland MkIII flying boat for Fs9 uploaded.

Hi Folks,
    Just uploaded the new model Short Sunderland MkIII flying boat for Fs9.

Made multi-LOD; New single gun front turret; New prop spinners and exhausts; New crew, with animated co-pilot (in external and VC view); Added a nose nav/bomb aimers window; Accurate animated Gouge style flaps; New gauges for VC; New depth charges and animation.

Please read the README for lots of info etc.

Happy Easter!

Cheers

Shessi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sund III 1.jpg  

Just downloaded and installed the Sunderland into P3d to try it out. Yes I know I am breaking the warranty by doing that but I did it anyways.

First let me say it looks great, inside and out. Many of the gauges give the 'unsupported fs98 or earlier' warning but it continues to load.

Biggest problem I have is that about 10 seconds into the take off roll I get a Splash or a Crash warning and the flight stops.

Again I know I am using a sim two versions (maybe 4) later than its intended but though you would like to know my results.

Icon23

Ha ha ha...

No, you're most welcome to try it where out you like, no warranty or like, so no problem...just don't expect it to work there...........

I think you've just answered the problems yourself..........

Cheers

Shessi

I'v just been flying her in P3D too, she even looks good in VR

With crash detection off she digs in and yaws to the left on takeoff so first flight I had to slew her into the air.
    It seems to be the contact points, point.6, 7, 8 and 9 are for wheels, if you delete them she takes off fine.

The old gauges are mostly for the popup panels, the only ones that don't work in the VC are the fuel and flap gauges.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Thank you!

Wow,its a looker and flies great! Thank you!

Took Dangerous Beans advice on the contact points and it fixed the splash problem.

For fun i re-loaded JBK's shorts to compare and what a difference, your new Sunderland looks so much better. Will probably have to spend some time working out more modern gauges to use with her.

Very nice, Shessi. Excellent work there, and for a big tub, she's as gentle as a kitten.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

excellent Sunderlands thankyou sir !,..any chance of a Mk.5 that the RNZAF used (and my old man flew) ,..images aplenty here...http://www.kiwiaircraftimages.com/sundland.html

Quote Originally Posted by brausch View Post
    excellent Sunderlands thankyou sir !,..any chance of a Mk.5 that the RNZAF used (and my old man flew) ,..images aplenty here...http://www.kiwiaircraftimages.com/sundland.html
    Unfortunately, Shessi said he wouldn't be doing a Mk5.

Members who have read this thread: 0