Little interest here for Il-2 '46

Thread: Little interest here for Il-2 '46

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries

Little interest here for Il-2 '46

Seems as there is little interest here for Il-2 '46. At the other Il-2 sites there is tons of activity going on. VP modpack and BAT has brought a new era for the beloved sim. Il-2 '46 BAT is the most complete combat flight sim out there with more coming. They are dead stable and easy to install with reading install instructions . Brought a lot of new blood to the sim and it is growing as word gets out. From WWI to today is covered by BAT while VP covers WW II. Two sites i go to frequently are http://www.mission4today.com/ and http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php . Wanted a break from CFS3 and tried my other sims and bought a new one to boot. Happened to install Il-2 '46 and started to research about it. That is when i found out that a ton has been done over the years like CFS3. Run a fully updated version (yes,it is still being updated), VP modpack and BAT. Have many more on a external ssd (yes it's big). BAT takes up to around 70 gigs so it's pretty large. I think having both CFS3(9 installs) and Il-2 '46(3 installs) is great . Glad i decided to take a break and fall in love with one of the great ones. Will keep me occupied for a while to come. Now playing catch-up for Il-2 '46....a lot of stuff to do if i want but enjoy playing more than modding. Regards,Scott

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Seems as there is little interest here for Il-2 '46. At the other Il-2 sites there is tons of activity going on. VP modpack and BAT has brought a new era for the beloved sim. Il-2 '46 BAT is the most complete combat flight sim out there with more coming. They are dead stable and easy to install with reading install instructions . Brought a lot of new blood to the sim and it is growing as word gets out. From WWI to today is covered by BAT while VP covers WW II. Two sites i go to frequently are http://www.mission4today.com/ and http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php . Wanted a break from CFS3 and tried my other sims and bought a new one to boot. Happened to install Il-2 '46 and started to research about it. That is when i found out that a ton has been done over the years like CFS3. Run a fully updated version (yes,it is still being updated), VP modpack and BAT. Have many more on a external ssd (yes it's big). BAT takes up to around 70 gigs so it's pretty large. I think having both CFS3(9 installs) and Il-2 '46(3 installs) is great . Glad i decided to take a break and fall in love with one of the great ones. Will keep me occupied for a while to come. Now playing catch-up for Il-2 '46....a lot of stuff to do if i want but enjoy playing more than modding. Regards,Scott
    Wouldn't exactly say that, its a frim favourite on my travelling laptop; main problem with all the modders sites is what is compatible with whichever version you have; some are not exactly easy to work out.

ttfn

Pete

Blog Entries
    The 3 installs i mentioned are very easy to install and update. I'm pretty new to Il-2 '46 in its modded form. As easy as 1,2,3. I'm not too smart and i got them running smoothly. Keep expansions stock except for a few missions and campaigns added. Have had no trouble with any install of Il-2 '46.

I agree it is a great sim but with all the MODS it has become a bit confusing with much reading to be done. There being only so much time available I have been put off. What I need is a little fellow to come round and do it for me. Any volunteers?
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Blog Entries
    The hardest part is downloading all the files. BAT is HUGE at over 70 gigs fully updated. Took a day just to download.

Thanks for the heads-up! I've been so busy flying IL-2:BOS/BOM in VR that I'd neglected 1946 for a while, and didn't know about BAT.

Are there other expansions worth checking out (you mentioned three installs), or is BAT the definitive one?

Blog Entries
    Sorry. Haven't been checking this thread. Have Il-2 '46 fully updated stock version, VP modpack and BAT . Really like VP modpack because it really covers WWII only. VP is simple to install, just follow instructions as it is pretty straight forward . Bat comes from a lot of downloads but is simple too if instructions are followed and of coarse the TD updated version is as easy as there is just make sure that you install these versions and a completely stock version inside a separate folder outside of program files.
    Last edited by sixstrings5859; May 29th, 2017 at 09:28.

Members who have read this thread: 0