Vn Pt boat as a vechicle ?

Thread: Vn Pt boat as a vechicle ?

Vn Pt boat as a vechicle ?

Well an airplane actually , I put some torpedoes on board , but they seem to not function properly , no wake , fx , seem to go too
    deep , after much research , reading Martin,s helpful tips , I came to the conclusion that they have to be launched at 50 ft ,
    So I tried just that , 48 ft high , got a big splash launch , and the torp wake , now show,s up , and I,ve got running torpedos,
    should make for an interesting night intercept mission ,
    But I have one little problem , it looks silly with 4 torpedos hanging above ,,
    I know Wolfie did some invisible aircraft and bombs ,, But has someone made Invissible Torpedos , if so can you point me to there hiding place , Thanks Sarg

Lightbulb

Yo Willy;

The VN driveable PT boat is tons of fun. Found it shortly after I got into CFS2.

It already has MK10 torpedoes installed. They are invisible but have visible wakes.
    - set ammo to "unlimited" or you only get 4 torps.

I recommend you recheck your installation as this unit has always functioned properly for me.

INSTALLATION:

VN_PT_boat to your CFS2/AIRCRAFT directory.
    MK10 to your CFS2/AIRCRAFT directory.
    VN_ELCO_PT_boat to your CFS2/SHIPS directory.
    fx_tpdexpl_l to your CFS2/effects directory.

The MK10 torpedo is merely an aircraft with no "texture" files ... so it is invisible.

NOTE: You can fly the MK10 as a "player a/c" ... being invisible it make a GREAT "camera chase-plane" when you wish to take in-flight screenshots of other planes.

For fun I altered the front 50cal gun-station code to 5" gun performance ... provides lots of "hitting power" for off-shore bombardment of inland targets.
    Add "Barracks Scream" (a companion to "Pilot Kill") to hear your enemy scream & die when buildings are hit.

- my personal favorite "shooting gallery" is the lagoon at Kwajalein Atoll as depicted in the GSL scenery package from the campaign "Big E Fast Carrier Raids"

The real difficulty is getting the VN_PT to perform correctly due to CFS2's 150/150 restriction.
    : a CFS2 "player" craft is indestructible until it reaches 150 feet altitude or 150 knots

You can also "hand edit" missions where the VN_PT starts on the surface; but unfortunately is indestructible.

CFS2 will spawn the boat @ 1500ft .. you must then manually "slew" it gently down to the surface.
    You can activate slew by Adding this to your main cfs2.cfg file in the main folder
    [Cheats]
    allow_slew=1

Many "driveable" ships & vehicle have been made for CFS2 over the years:

Gunboat
    HMS D Class Submarine
    Japanese_Tank_Typ95
    IJN KAGERO
    USS Mahan
    M1-A1 Main Battle tank
    Military Hummer and Jeep
    PBR_31_cfs2
    WW2 Japanese Sub

Most should still be available here at SOH or SimV

Tango Romeo & PSULLYKEYS produced many ships for a fully "Naval" version of CFS2 (the core of which was to be integrated into Vietnam-4-CFS2) but we were unable to find a workaround for the 150/150 restriction. All these components are at SimV ... in the FoxFour area under Tango & PSULLYKEYS.

I recommend you try the M1-A1 Main Battle tank in ANY of Maskrider's scenery packages. Add "Blades Effects" & have fun blowing things up at ground level.
    Dirtman

~~ CFS2 Fulfills my need to "peacefully" blow things up ~~

Toying with it and you can get the Pt to load on water -- just a contact issue , and resorted the air file for max 80 knts ,
    150/150 I had not run into , and was unaware of the issue ,
    Now I did have Brunoski,s RAF air sea rescue launch , shooting up Jap ship,s , to test ship bubble sizing , as to damage effects ,
    and woundered why there was no return fire ,, Turned out the armament was set up with gun elevation too high , Once that was lowered it , they did manage to tag the AIR sea launch setting it abaze more than once ,,
    that was some time ago , and I think I redid the DP , Removing the negative box tag system ,

Members who have read this thread: 1