Piglet L-29 revival - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Piglet L-29 revival

I really like the design of the OK-02 scheme. It goes very well with the lines of the plane. I like your depiction of the faded fluorescent paint on the T-Bird as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    I really like the design of the OK-02 scheme. It goes very well with the lines of the plane. I like your depiction of the faded fluorescent paint on the T-Bird as well.
    Thanks Josh,
    I did the OK-02 scheme a while ago, so I may update it to the new paintkit standard.
    If you're willing to fly this livery while waiting mine, Kendy Schwartz did it in a really nice way, available here : http://www.flightsimulator.cz/addon/...nt-fs2004-fsx/

Cheers
    L'iguane

Second planned livery WIP

Cheers
    L'iguane

Really nice! Beautiful livery, but also the L-29 remains a time-less model.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Really nice! Beautiful livery, but also the L-29 remains a time-less model.

Cheers,
    Huub
    I'm a big fan of this classic jet, the design was the first czechoslovakia original jet design and it did really well.
    Piglet's model start showing it's age, especially the VC, but now can be flown by the numbers with almost exact fuel burn (accurate from 0 to 15 000ft)
    Cross country must be planned carefully and it reflects well the 50 min training flight at low altitude profile with 20min final reserve. Monitor your fuel gauge and keep in mind 300 liters final reserve will give you 20-25 minutes before it run dry.
    I also reworked the sound file which now is close to the real thing, apart fs9 limitations. Will be released within days.

cheers
    L'iguane

It is also very suitable for formation flying training & practice.

Here is a shot I did using fsrecorder.
    2 L-29 ship, still have to practice to get the "perfect heart"
    Entry speed, 320kts minimum, line astern, below that you can't properly "refine" the top of the heart cause you get too early in a nose high low energy state.

Thanks l'iguane,

and to confirm the old liveries are fully compatible:

Talking about old liveries, perhaps you could redo the Sky Knights livery. The livery by Tim "Piglet" Conrad is nice, but could benefit from your new paintkit as well.

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks l'iguane,

and to confirm the old liveries are fully compatible:

Talking about old liveries, perhaps you could redo the Sky Knights livery. The livery by Tim "Piglet" Conrad is nice, but could benefit from your new paintkit as well.

Cheers,
    Huub

It's on the plan !
    After the SkyKnights disbanded, the airframes went to AviKoc (Cosmonaut training I guess) based at Kubinka but kept their original paintscheme with company logo overpainted.
    I'll probably cover the two period !
    Cheers
    L'iguane

That would be great!

Here a small movie to get in the mood!

Cheers,
    Huub

Great works!

All paints and update L-29 available?

Thank you,
    Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Hi Zsolt,

Yes, they are all available in the library. Just do a search on the username l'iguane.

Cheers,
    Huub

Hi Zsolt,

Yes, they are all available in the library. Just do a search on the username l'iguane.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Hi Huub,

I installed but The problem is that it is not visible among the FS2004 aircraft

This http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=199&id=26683

Zsolt

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

The upgrade of the L-29 has been one in several steps.

It started in April 2017 with a tweaked model which changed the reflectivity of the model, introduced new flight dynamics and came with several liveries. In 2018 several new liveries were released based on the upgrade done in 2017.

In May 2020 a second upgrade was introduced. Which again consisted of a new model file, adjusted flight dynamics a new panel and new sound. The included textures were based on a new paintkit, which was done for 2048x2048 textures. A second texture set with red and white generic textures was the last release.

But there are also many textures done by others for this timeless model. For instance I have several repaints installed done by Kendy Shwarz and our own SteveB, which both the original model by Piglet as the upgraded model by l'iguane.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Hi Huub,

I installed but The problem is that it is not visible among the FS2004 aircraft

This http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=199&id=26683

Zsolt

I think the issue is in the aircraft,cfg

The first entry [fltsim.00] should be [fltsim.0]
    Hartwig
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Quote Originally Posted by hawk_sh View Post
    I think the issue is in the aircraft,cfg

The first entry [fltsim.00] should be [fltsim.0]
    Yes but FS2004 not supported the 2048 texture

Any idea?

Zsolt

Yes but FS2004 not supported the 2048 texture

Any idea?

Zsolt

Hi Zsolt,
    I kept L29_01 texture in 2048x2048 but selected mip, so it displays in 1024 in fs9 and "might" work as 2048 in fsx.
    In case, try undersizing to 1024 straight and recompile as 32bit with DXTBMP, that should work.
    On my fs2004 setup, the Korotich livery works as provided with the download.

Cheers
    L'iguane

Quote Originally Posted by l'iguane View Post
    Hi Zsolt,I kept L29_01 texture in 2048x2048 but selected mip, so it displays in 1024 in fs9 and "might" work as 2048 in fsx.In case, try undersizing to 1024 straight and recompile as 32bit with DXTBMP, that should work.On my fs2004 setup, the Korotich livery works as provided with the download.CheersL'iguane
    Hi L'iguane,Could you give me details about the fs2004 setup. What are the options in the fs2004 setup that you can see the 2048 texture.Zsolt

Hi L'iguane,Could you give me details about the fs2004 setup. What are the options in the fs2004 setup that you can see the 2048 texture.Zsolt
    Hi Zsolt, you need to look at your graphics card settings,
    make sure you have something like " Use MipMaps " enabled ; it's not a FS2004 setting.

What happens is the 2048 texture gets loaded at the 1024 MipMap point, so, no, you won't 'see' the 2048 texture.

Works on some graphics cards, but not on others in the preview window, but once you load the aeroplane (even from greyout that you see there) you should see textures in sim.

If that doesn't work on your system, you can do as L'iguane suggests, and resize to 1024 using your paint program and DXTBMP

Hope this helps

Ttfn

Pete

Hi, very easy, either you add mipmaps to the textures or better, you resize in 1024 !!

Hi Zsolt,

As far as I know the maximum texture size in FS2004 is 1024x1024. And there is no work around to display larger textures in this sim.

I just reduced the texture size to make it usable in FS2004. An other option is to fly the L-29 in FSX, where the large texture most probably does work (haven't tried this however).

Cheers,
    Huub

edit: Wow 3 answers in only 4 minutes. (I need to type faster...........)

Thanks guys for the fast infoI use ATI card RX570 and I don't know wherecan I find that "Mipmap" option there.I check tomorrow, because I'm on duty the fire dept. TodayZsolt

Hi Zsolt,

On my fs2004 setup, nothing special.
    However, on DXTBMP I compiled L29_01 in 2048 with mip option selected (this is specific to DXTBMP software)
    I don't know about a mip option with graphic card, it's working fine on my fs9 setup, although being "automatically" resized by mip in 1024.

I have found that 2048 resized by mip to 1024 is slightly better quality in fs9 than manual resizing then dxtbmp compiling. Both 1024 but the resizing function may be slightly different.

Cheers
    L'iguane

Thanks guys for the fast infoI use ATI card RX570 and I don't know wherecan I find that "Mipmap" option there.I check tomorrow, because I'm on duty the fire dept. TodayZsolt
    If you have the latest ATI Radeon all-in-one driver 20.2.2 , that feature has been removed, as it no longer works on my R7 card, apparently now called "texture filtering quality" ....

It was on the "Catalyst" driver series IIRC ; anyways , here's a help site ..... https://www.amd.com/en/support/driverhelp

Hope this helps

ttfn

Pete

Members who have read this thread: 0