Operation Piranha Dodger - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Operation Piranha Dodger

Hello everybody,

We had a very nice flight from SBTU to SBJC, where we landed in the Amazon River not to far from our hotel, Just hope I travel agent didn't forget to book us which has happened in the past. And speaking about him, sometime he give us an flight plan that leave a lot to be desired. Rob went off to Belem Airport to practice some landing in his new ride a D-18 Beechcraft amphibian, evidently, he did OK we all got together had very nice conversation and a great dinner together. Belem is kind of at the head water of the Amazon as it discharges into the Atlantic Ocean. We should be heading off to SNCP here shortly. Oh, by the way, the food and drinks were just great. hehe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2017-jun-27-003.jpg   -2017-jun-27-002.jpg  

Nice flight to SNCP.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2017-jun-28-003.jpg  
    Member since December 1998
    When Things Get "Interesting", Fly The Aeroplane!

hehe back again.

What can I say about last nights flight. A couple if things, one: if around the airport there wasn't a bunch of tall trees surrounding the place it sure help if we needed to land there.. Wasn't much water around for landing with the exception of a muddy swamp. Oh well, we are flight 19 so didn't matter which one, Just kidding! We had a lot of rain and wind on this flight just enough to wash the dust off the planes, but the weather did it thing and cleared up just as we arrived at the airport. The trip was IFR, I follow roads. No nav. aids. But we all made it down on the grass runway no dent, no scraps and no errors. hehe See you all later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2017-jun-28-002.jpg   -2017-jun-28-003.jpg   -2017-jun-28-004.jpg  

We've been having a debate about whose scenery is "right". Kevin contends I land "in the city" or "the jungle... really I land (mostly) on the water...
    SBSL (Sao Luis, Brazil) for example...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SBSL-1.jpg   SBSL-2.jpg   SBSL.PNG   SBSL-3.jpg  

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Members who have read this thread: 78